Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think
    #13218558 -

Amanita Rubescens and Panthers still share strong similarities to my 'untrained' eye but Im pretty positive what I found today was a Blusher. (Amanita Rubescens). If it is, then its yet another new one to me :grin:

Just for clarrfication:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: dicky21]
    #13218576 -

Looks a little too dark for rubescens or pantherina, but I could be wrong. If you peel the cap or scratch it, it should turn pinkish shortly if it were a rubescens, which I have doubts of. No idea here, man=D Amanitas are sure pretty though.


--------------------
In ancient times, when demons roamed with man, They hunted, loved and lost, hand in hand, As time went on, the difference between them faded. You couldn't tell anymore, demons and man were related, and some would say the same, but who would like to claim? In time, Gods had even forgot, Demons, too, once love had sought. In times recent I remember, Once I was a man, In my heart I had an ember, I'll relate the best I can but it was snuffed, one distant December. And yet here I stand, no flesh, no bones, no seed or semen, All that's left is this Demon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: dicky21]
    #13218588 -

I would say yes, the pinkish tint in the stem base rules out A. pantherina...don't take my word for it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: Darklight203]
    #13218589 -

I left it in the field because I didnt want to carry that, my camera and my huge parasol I found. Ohh well..... whatever it is i liked it :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: SomeGuy]
    #13218592 -

paducahovoids said:
I would say yes, the pinkish tint in the stem base rules out A. pantherina...don't take my word for it




That was one of my deciding factors as to why i thought it might be an A. Rubescens


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: dicky21]
    #13218615 -

dicky21 said:
paducahovoids said:
I would say yes, the pinkish tint in the stem base rules out A. pantherina...don't take my word for it




That was one of my deciding factors as to why i thought it might be an A. Rubescens



Yah, generally A. rubescens will have blushing on them already just from the environment. Pantherinas will be pure white in the flesh, though.


--------------------
In ancient times, when demons roamed with man, They hunted, loved and lost, hand in hand, As time went on, the difference between them faded. You couldn't tell anymore, demons and man were related, and some would say the same, but who would like to claim? In time, Gods had even forgot, Demons, too, once love had sought. In times recent I remember, Once I was a man, In my heart I had an ember, I'll relate the best I can but it was snuffed, one distant December. And yet here I stand, no flesh, no bones, no seed or semen, All that's left is this Demon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: Darklight203]
    #13218637 -

it also doesn't have a collar around the basal bulb:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: dicky21]
    #13218732 -

I guess it is A. rubescens but I'd be uncomfortable swearing without seeing at least the ring zone.

dicky21 said:
I left it in the field because I didnt want to carry that, my camera and my huge parasol I found. Ohh well..... whatever it is i liked it :grin:



:grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: Joie]
    #13218942 -

Amanita Rubescens

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Amanita Rubescens (Blusher)... I Think [Re: Tangich]
    #13219148 -

:tongue2::grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pantherina or Rubescens (blushers) dicky21 1,223 13 09/17/10 12:06 PM
by dicky21
* Amanita rubescens?
( 1 2 all )
Enmos 3,456 23 05/02/10 05:03 PM
by Enmos
* Amanita Rubescens? twiztidthoughts 2,940 18 11/06/12 06:47 PM
by suchen
* Amanita rubescens coon 1,283 8 08/26/07 02:58 AM
by monkeyheaven
* amanita rubescens maybe its wishfull thinking grod31 848 5 07/29/08 02:06 PM
by koraks
* Amanita Rubescens Klavey 513 3 05/26/09 10:04 PM
by Klavey
* Blusher? Amanita rubescens? Deviousbeej 737 1 10/16/09 09:22 PM
by cameal
* New Hampshire, Amanita Muscaria or Panterina? Apollo 7,152 14 07/13/15 01:15 AM
by TeaForMea

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,008 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 26 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.