Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice
    #13197645 -

Well I found them 3 years ago and I've used the ipod only once (till the battery dropped dead).

Its a 2gb ipod nano and I think I need a cable for it :lol:

Is it worth getting a cable or not? I don't have to pay anything to get my mp3s and shit on the ipod, right?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13197647 -

just download itunes, the cords like $10. good find:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: lucas_southoz]
    #13197685 -

Sounds decentish. I watched a Simpsons episode where Lisa had to pay for the tracks :lol: Now I know its worth getting a cable.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13197711 -

Lucky you. I've had two 160GB iPods stolen recently, one in June, one in August; Had to replace locks and install an alarm. :crankey:


--------------------
“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”  -Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13197714 -

haha yeah i think you can buy like itunes "gift cards" or something like that so you can download music through the apple store or some shit, i found a couple of ipods but i gave em back, no need for another

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: lucas_southoz]
    #13197732 -

Obviously if you want legit mp3s you have to pay for them. although i think there was a recent amendment to the copyright act which now allows you to copy your CDs to mp3 for personal use


--------------------
...and what exactly is a dream? And what exactly is a joke?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: The Mad Shroomer]
    #13197747 -

lol I dont want anything legit

I just want to listen to my trance and dnb


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: The Mad Shroomer]
    #13197823 -

The Mad Shroomer said:
Obviously if you want legit mp3s you have to pay for them. although i think there was a recent amendment to the copyright act which now allows you to copy your CDs to mp3 for personal use



I thought you could always do that


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: propensity]
    #13197828 -

Sorry I'm a little :vaped:

It was only australialand with the ridiculous copyright laws. the US has had a personal use act for quite some time


we've only recently got teevo / similar devices on the market because it was technically illegal to record anything on the tv :lol:


--------------------
...and what exactly is a dream? And what exactly is a joke?

Edited by The Mad Shroomer (09/15/10 04:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: The Mad Shroomer]
    #13197844 -

Hahah wow. Silly Australia.

Tivo and dvrs are so fucking amazing. They make TV worthwhile.


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: propensity]
    #13197845 -

So to sum up, can I buy a cable and not pay anything else in order to get music from my laptop to the ipod?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13197857 -

Pretty much. You will probably have to reformat the ipod though, but that's pretty self explanatory once you get itunes going


--------------------


۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: propensity]
    #13197873 -

I know where to ask about it once I get to that stage.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13197898 -

iPods are often synchronised with a certain computer though. They can usually be synched with more than one, just means everything that is on it will be wiped (which I assume you want anyway). Otherwise yeah, download iTunes and it's simple to add music to the iPod.

You'll soon find that you want way more than 2gb though. I have a 120gb, which I thought I'd never fill. I have 100gb of music on it, so now I think I soon will.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: The Mad Shroomer]
    #13198122 -

The Mad Shroomer said:
Obviously if you want legit mp3s you have to pay for them. although i think there was a recent amendment to the copyright act which now allows you to copy your CDs to mp3 for personal use



Australia must be a terrible place to be a pirate. Slow internet, strict laws, how do you live??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13198548 -

mellowparty said:
So to sum up, can I buy a cable and not pay anything else in order to get music from my laptop to the ipod?



Yep. You can probably get the cable online for like $4 shipped. Just format the iPod and then add all your mp3s to some software that syncs with an iPod (I use iTunes) and sync that fucker up and BAM your music be on your iPod. So simple even my technologically retarded father can do it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: Gumby]
    #13452412 -

I finally got around to buying a cable and the ipod seems to be working fine. However I don't understand why certain tracks would not appear in the library.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13452760 -

If the id3 tags are wrong or missing they won't appear in the library. Annoying 'feature' of ipods. I prefer being able to browse by folder like you can with iRiver


--------------------
...and what exactly is a dream? And what exactly is a joke?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: mellowparty]
    #13452796 -

mellowparty said:
Well I found them 3 years ago and I've used the ipod only once (till the battery dropped dead).

Its a 2gb ipod nano and I think I need a cable for it :lol:

Is it worth getting a cable or not? I don't have to pay anything to get my mp3s and shit on the ipod, right?



ipod access is a good program

Edited by Hashishins (11/08/10 08:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Found an ipod and a memory stick. Need advice [Re: Hashishins]
    #13453528 -

Wow... I remember reading your post about finding those things a LONG ass time ago... I remember thinking "Man, I wouldn't mind finding a fucking iPod laying around like that.. And a memory stick wouldn't be bad either." because I recently had my 80GB iPod stolen lol, and you STILL haven't used the iPod :lol:

But yeah, you can do everything for free.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I gotta get me an iPod Delyrium 1,086 13 07/14/04 01:42 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Female advice needed... Sterile 4,093 19 11/05/02 11:23 PM
by Morphrying
* Getting an Ipod
( 1 2 all )
Shroom_Herder 4,370 39 01/14/05 04:21 PM
by Redstorm
* Free iPod Yeah i know these things suck but help me out people steely_dan 2,392 16 12/05/04 07:36 AM
by Lightningfractal
* My new iPod got me iPissed.
( 1 2 all )
YouEnjoyMyself 2,396 29 08/05/04 02:46 AM
by Grovesk8ter
* What kind of Portable speaker(s) should i get for my Ipod? MycoJunkie 1,816 10 04/03/05 08:38 PM
by Redstorm
* iPods SUCK! DiploidM 1,153 10 10/17/05 05:36 PM
by AliceDee
* Post your favorite Garcia days Grateful Dead touring memories!! Lightningfractal 1,088 13 01/19/05 07:24 PM
by EonTan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,070 topic views. 4 members, 13 guests and 87 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.