Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: exhaust holes
    #13178 - 04/19/00 08:14 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

BaldCuban, I do not use ShroomGod's humidifier tek, too complicated. I do however use a HEPA filtered air pump and perlite for my humidification and air exchange. I use synthetic filter disc's towards the bottom of the terrarium to allow carbon dioxide to escape. These filter disc's are too restrictive to allow much if any hudimity (so the folks at FungiPerfecti tell me). I use a hole saw and cut a 4" hole into the lower portion of the terrarium and then silicone a 110 mm SFD over the hole. In the pic attached, you can see that humidity is still high and CO2 is allowed to escape. With this set up, I have gone away for 6 days and had zero problems. If you have any more Q's, just ask and I will try and help.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

Loc: here, there, everywhere
    #13180 - 04/19/00 08:27 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the info on the filter disks. However, I am still definitely going to use a cool mist humidifier. I was thinking of something similar to what you have setup as my CO2 exhaust. Thanks for the pic. Do you think it would work with a constantly running humidifier?

------------------
Baldy

InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

#13181 - 04/19/00 08:29 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

P.S. Goonies never say die

Anonymous

#13182 - 04/19/00 08:34 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

You should have no problems with ShroomGod's humidifier tek and the synthetic filter disc's. I used to use that system also, but the water supply only lasts about a day or so and I found myself being ruled by my terrarium. Took all the fun out of it. This way, if I forget or go camping for the weekend, I won't ruin a batch by drying it out completely (happened twice and I said to hell with it) The cool mist keeps on pushing air and if water isn't present in the reservoir, it will push dry air. Best of luck.

------------------
-ChesterCopperpott-

InvisibleBaldCuban
scruffy-looking
 User Gallery

#13183 - 04/19/00 08:53 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks, I have been looking into extra water resevoirs on timers or float valves just for that purpose. I have access to all that shit so I'm sure I'll come up with some kind of fully automated system that will let me go away for extended periods of time.

------------------
Baldy

Anonymous

#13184 - 04/19/00 11:59 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

As far as extra water, just force garden hose over the opening of a 2 litre bottle (you can set up several of these) and insert the hose into the cool mist to about mid-fill level and as water is used it will be replenished from the 2 liter bottle(s). Each extra bottle should give an extra day.

Jump to top Pages: 1