Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #16]
    #12959861 -

Anonymous #16 said:
I remember when I was 18 and only liked classic rock!! OMG put the led in... I am tripping ballzz to DSOTM my face is melting... Animals man Animals! Then I grew bored and decided to branch out and try listening to new music. Turns out there is tons of new shit that is quite enjoyable to listen to.
- Ariel Pink Haunted Graffiti
- Atlas Sound
- Avi Buffalo
- Beach House
- Bon Iver
- Caribou
- Circulatory System
- Crystal Castles
- Cunning Lynguists
- Deerhunter
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- The Faint
- The Flaming Lips
- Flying Lotus
- Fleet Foxes
- Grizzley Bear
- Kings of Convenience
- LCD Soundsystem
- Memory Tapes
- My Morning Jacket
- The National
- Panda Bear
- Portishead
- Radiohead
- Real Estate
- Sunset Rubdown
- Wolf Parade
- Tame Impala

All of these bands have solid albums that have been released recently and these are just a few there are countless others... Don't limit yourself to old as balls music!



that is a fucking hilarious list of hipster scene music that wanna be old school and analog.

it's an awesome set of trash there.


future sounds of london

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #19]
    #12970328 -

I can guarantee you might know one of these bands by word of mouth. Stop being a dick and accept that people have different interests. As long as the music is not communicating that the audience should rape discriminate and murder then I suppose it is not going to play a pivotal role in character, but look at these kids growing up on our mainstream. REALLY!?!?!

"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #12970372 -

yo kid you wack to short to get head you got jelly rolls of fat hanging off your chin need to shut down stop talkin to cam girls aaint you tired of seeing dicks being jerked off

you got piss for sweat your lyrics be wack you sound like a robot with a.d.d. on crack crap youd prlly ryme better under that t shirt are you wearing a sweater bobbin your head to t-pain is that supposed to be better get off the internet im tired of your blubber
wack bitches get toasted

CPK real murder

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #12970407 -

hahahaha(uhhhhhhhh) right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #12971448 -

Anonymous #17 said:
yo kid you wack to short to get head you got jelly rolls of fat hanging off your chin need to shut down stop talkin to cam girls aaint you tired of seeing dicks being jerked off

you got piss for sweat your lyrics be wack you sound like a robot with a.d.d. on crack crap youd prlly ryme better under that t shirt are you wearing a sweater bobbin your head to t-pain is that supposed to be better get off the internet im tired of your blubber
wack bitches get toasted

CPK real murder



If you're not black, then you really need to stop talking like that kid. :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #17]
    #12977829 -

Anonymous #17 said:
CPK real murder



is cpk a juggalo gang or sumthin - clown posse killers or crazy proud klowns right?

clown pride krew

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #19]
    #13007747 -

Anonymous #19 said:
Anonymous #16 said:
I remember when I was 18 and only liked classic rock!! OMG put the led in... I am tripping ballzz to DSOTM my face is melting... Animals man Animals! Then I grew bored and decided to branch out and try listening to new music. Turns out there is tons of new shit that is quite enjoyable to listen to.
- Ariel Pink Haunted Graffiti
- Atlas Sound
- Avi Buffalo
- Beach House
- Bon Iver
- Caribou
- Circulatory System
- Crystal Castles
- Cunning Lynguists
- Deerhunter
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- The Faint
- The Flaming Lips
- Flying Lotus
- Fleet Foxes
- Grizzley Bear
- Kings of Convenience
- LCD Soundsystem
- Memory Tapes
- My Morning Jacket
- The National
- Panda Bear
- Portishead
- Radiohead
- Real Estate
- Sunset Rubdown
- Wolf Parade
- Tame Impala

All of these bands have solid albums that have been released recently and these are just a few there are countless others... Don't limit yourself to old as balls music!



that is a fucking hilarious list of hipster scene music that wanna be old school and analog.

it's an awesome set of trash there.


future sounds of london



Yes, because I love listening to seven minutes of ambient noise and glitches....

I think those bands are awesome because they have the ability to relate to music styles, while maintaining a unique sense of thought provoking lyrics and well-written instrumentals.

The stuff played on the radio is nothing but repetitive over-produced garbage.

Not because I think my music is better, but rather because that's what gets stuck in peoples heads and works as an advertisement.

For instance I say "Alejandro", you think Lady Gaga.

That's because she repeats the same fucking thing over and over.

Also, to defunct your feeling of "that is a fucking hilarious list of hipster scene music that wanna be old school and analog"...

Even that old school music was considered wanna be jazz and blues at one point.

Music develops from music brought on before, no different than your Future Sounds of London are inspired by things like Moby.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #21]
    #13007769 -

moby inspired one of the originators of idm? moby was before humanoid? nope. he wasn't the inspiration.

and the inspiration for those bands you mentioned... are about 30 - 40 years old now. not saying dr. dog or grizzley bear or the flaming lips suck but... c'mon... you really have to justify your liking for this type of music? it's just old and done... that's all.

not bad... just done. done done done and you are talking about future sounds of london as if it was done before they came in the music scene? ahah

Edited by Anonymous (08/05/10 02:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #19]
    #13007796 -

Yes I am, because I don't find them enjoyable :shrug:

You missed my point entirely, there is always someone similar that inspired all our favorite artists.

The writing for the bands you mentioned is also quite different from those of the 60's and 70's, and mix the music with newer styles.

It's no different than fine arts, it's all an evolutionary process, in which things are reflected upon and either mocked or embraced to create something new.

And why does that genre need to be done?

What determines the death of an art form?

Enjoyable music is enjoyable music. Case and point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #21]
    #13007901 -

i said i liked some of that fucking music you posted... i am not being biased, hotshot.

fuck your ideology, it sucks donkey balls. i don't like rock and roll generally... the composition is usually slow and dimwitted... not to say that there isn't good rock... even good new rock... but it's few and far between; the bands i mean.

so in closing... you... *ckkvt* eat shit.

fucking contradicting yourself and shit... ugh "enjoyable music is enjoyable music *SNOB*"

what the fuck ever

Edited by Anonymous (08/05/10 03:15 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #19]
    #13007979 -

:lol:

You need to chill out man, I'm only discussing, not trying to cause shit.

I never called you biased.

There is a flood of terrible electronic artists too, and IMO every genre is few and far between, especially when you're not a huge fan of it.

It's all in taste and when I say enjoyable music is enjoyable music, I mean to the listener, not the populous.

But seriously man, take a breath.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #21]
    #13007999 -

whew, well my throat chakra is a little swollen. so sorry.

i actually agreed with everything you said just now. so yeah... on that note... some electronic music is shit but i don't reallt consider it music though so... there is my bias. :lol:

but i don't care... electronic MUSIC should be music... not just someting to bang out in a club. just like with rap and rock... and whatever have you. YEP, there is alot of crap.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #19]
    #13008001 -

Why do we have to hate each other over differing taste in music? Holy fucking shit guys, you both sound like huge fucking assholes. I'm glad I don't know you IRL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #13008035 -

cause you'd hear something you don't like? oh well, cry me a river.

i hate people who listen to music like it's designed for them... and it hate people that listen to music that was designed for them. and i ahte people who make that music... so i might hate you. i don't know. kinda glad too. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #19]
    #13008079 -

Indeed there is, indeed there is :yesnod:

Now back to the OP, I tend to take more pride in the bands I find because I spend countless hours searching labels, myspace, and music blogs to try and find music that I thoroughly enjoy.

I imagine that this sense of search and finally finding are what makes underground music listeners seem snobby.

But in all honesty it's no different than if you work for something, accomplish it, and then want to tell your friends what you accomplished.

If these bands were played on the radio after I had found them I would still enjoy listening to them, and in places like the PNW many of them are.

But, the problem stems in what popular music relies on in order to become popular.

Repetition.

Popular music is literally commercial, it's whole ideology is to get you hooked as quick as possible and to get stuck in your head.

No different than a good logo or catchy marketing phrase.

Also like many corporations, popular music is incredibly conforming to one thing.

Atm that is the heavy electronic instruments and auto-tune.

In the 80's it was heavy synth and sexually themed lyrics.

In the 70's it was all very electronic guitar solo oriented.

So on and so forth.

Also, the bands/artists that do conform and do repeat and what not, frequently enhance their voice, have someone else play instruments, and have someone else write their lyrics by people that know how to get things stuck in people's heads.

This is talentless and IMO a mockery of music.

Also if you actually listen to the lyrics they say absolutely nothing or something that has been said so many times, it has lost all value.

Also, I'd like to take this time to point out the recent increase in child artists.

The Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana, Justin Bieber, etc.

The record labels are jumping on this trend because their target audience, younger kids, usually are a more inept at downloading music illegally.

Anyhow, I'll conclude this rant by saying that my choices in music require more than just flipping on the radio and listening to what labels want me to hear, but rather what I want to hear.

If they were played on the radio, unchanged, un-autotuned, I would still listen, but I'd continue my searches elsewhere since I find greater value in listening to something I looked and worked for.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #21]
    #13008133 -

What the fuck? Of course people listen to music that was "designed" for them, should they listen to music that was designed for someone else?!

Unless you're talking about all those pop "artists" designed by executive committees, in which case I agree with you. That said, ALL music which is widely published is tainted by that design-by-committee philosophy, and by that I am, yes, referring to the artists you've both claimed to enjoy, many of which I do as well.

Either way, get the fuck over it. I have friends who listen to manufactured garbage and I don't hold it against them, I just consider their taste in music to be immature. If I hated them for their limited musical vocabulary I'd be out some really cool friends, asshole.

Attaching your taste in music to your ego is seriously weak. There's music I like and don't like, but you won't find me waving my music dick in your faces telling you it's huge, because I'm aware my tastes have changed over time. The music I enjoy tends to reflect the lifestyle I'm living and changes along with it.

Edited by Tchan909 (08/05/10 04:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #13008157 -

am i in your face waving my dick? no. so b, i have friends whom i let live with their immature music choices. WTF? why would i flip out on someone aobut the music they listen to... i even LISTEN to shit because i like music enough that everyone i know KNOWS IT. and i bob my head and sing (and not know the typical redundant composition and lyrics) and enjoy any music.

it's just needs to be said that's all and i am voicing this opinion... if you listen to shit music, you are SUCKING. sucking for yourself and sucking for music and potential art.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #19]
    #13008167 -

:facepalm: You made sense at the beginning but you lost me when you got to the sucking part. Maintaining a sense of superiority over others sounds like a primary motivating factor in your pursuit of musical appreciation.

Bottom line, feeding your ego with your taste in music makes that taste less mature than that of the people who listen to manufactured garbage out of innocent ignorance of better stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #13008169 -

Anonymous #1 said:
:bitch:  :cryariver:  :emocry:  :hissyfit:  :bitch:
Why is it eveyone has better taste then me!?:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I'm fucking sick of people who listen to "underground" music [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #13008199 -

Anonymous #13 said:
:facepalm: You made sense at the beginning but you lost me when you got to the sucking part. Maintaining a sense of superiority over others sounds like a primary motivating factor in your pursuit of musical appreciation.

Bottom line, feeding your ego with your taste in music makes that taste less mature than that of the people who listen to manufactured garbage out of ignorance of better stuff.



i am not feeding my ego when i give my opinion that i don't listen to some music cause i know some said music potentially ripped of off, or trying to pertain to but can't cause they don't do anything ORIGINAL for themselves. naw. i am not correcting one or anything... no, i am saying "oooh, you listen to that? well check this out..." if they don't like it then i don't give a fuck.

you lost me? you lost all over the fucking place... what kind of ANSWER or POST do you want? :ripebanana:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* This site is full of winners Anonymous 260 10 10/21/24 04:06 PM
by Anonymous
* Since my last trip on shrooms, I can't stand men
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 1,676 43 10/24/24 02:27 PM
by Anonymous
* HeyHeyHey Anonymous 114 3 10/21/24 11:43 AM
by Anonymous
* "My fictional(SWIM) friend" had court yesterday. USA Federal mushroom case. Anonymous 438 10 10/29/24 02:07 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
2,212 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.