Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Coco Coir..
    #1297909 -

How do you guys go about sterilizing your coco coir?? Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: ]
    #1298182 -

just follow any pasteurization (I do this instead of sterilizing because it allows for not so perfect conditions) instructions found here on the shroomery! I'm too lazy to post the whole process man, sorry!! Just click on "Search" and type in pasteurization (or however you spell that blasted word).

Peace
Gthirteens - "it's all I ever smoke"


--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: ]
    #1298252 -

coco coir.. same stuff as coconut fiber.. right?
I dont pasturize that stuff.. stright from the brick in some hot a$$ mofo water. had good results

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1298278 -

>coco coir.. same stuff as coconut fiber.. right?
No
Coir on the left, fiber on the right.




On pasteurisation read http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23373 .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: Anno]
    #1298283 -

I personally dont sterilize mine, and I'm not th eonly one.


--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: razer]
    #1298534 -

soak in water. microwave for 5-30 minutes. i've found the easiest method is to fill a microwave / heat proof bag with coco coir and vermiculite 40/60 ratio. add water until immersed (-sp?). tie up the bag and nuke.


--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: Anno]
    #1298939 -

Quote:
>coco coir.. same stuff as coconut fiber.. right?
No
Coir on the left, fiber on the right.





Last week i went in to my hydro store, and ordered a 4cu foot block of coco something, now that I think about it, i believe I asked for coir, and when he said fibre, i said yeah sure. But I was stoned, so i may just be trippin out, and I dont remember if he said fibre or no.

Would hydro stores carry the coir or fibre? Cause I had it special ordered in for next week, and well if its the fibre, what a waste. But i know i ordered a block. Does fibre come in block form also? If i get a big block of this useless fibre im gunna be pissed.

Oh yeah, the book he ordered from, said "Coco" an alternative to peat. So that sounds like coir right?... I sure hope so.

Edited by zoomery (02/11/03 06:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: zoomery]
    #1298958 -

my coir mix looks like it's got some fiber mixed in with it... but only trace amounts! I bought a 50/50 + mix from a shroomery vendor... it's looking good as of now:)

Peace
Gthirteens - "it's all I ever smoke"


--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: zoomery]
    #1298979 -

>Would hydro stores carry the coir or fibre?
coir.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: zoomery]
    #1299011 -



  Just check the pic that Anno post.... :smirk:

  That way you can know what you got...and yes they  sell the coco coir
  as fiber...(in my case) just ask for coco fiber for hydro. :smirk: 


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: Anno]
    #1303488 -

hmm that odd cuz i bought fiber yet it looks like the stuff on the left. It was Bed-A-Beast.. o wait.. now that I looked at it again its coconut "husk"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: ExtravagantDream]
    #1303567 -

just some sort of verification, bed-a-beast, is a suitable casimg material, right.

for example, a 50/50 verm and that bed-a-beast, would do the trick?

i love the shroomery


--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Coco Coir.. [Re: mike]
    #1303608 -

I used Bed-A-Beast straight from the brick.. well after soaking and draining. It worked great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 all )
Citric 2,713 25 04/27/04 09:36 AM
by ButterNut
* Coco Coir (Different Substitute)? happygrins 5,018 8 03/09/02 07:56 PM
by Roadkill
* coco coir/fiber.. did i mess up? etam 2,850 15 11/08/06 08:43 AM
by MycoMaster83
* Ok--another coco coir question (sorry)--Is this coco coir? Kalendula 2,959 4 10/06/05 05:36 PM
by Kotton
* Coco Coir endlesswinter77 2,332 10 03/29/06 11:04 PM
by GraveReaper0
* Forest Bed vs. Eco Earth Coco Coir tekramrepus 6,639 8 05/29/03 10:44 PM
by KlingonFromUranus
* coco coir question tony8404 2,803 12 05/13/09 10:05 AM
by brainsOplenty
* Simple question about coco coir.... Peace_Patrol 2,594 10 06/26/02 03:30 PM
by Zen Peddler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
3,619 topic views. 16 members, 50 guests and 138 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.