Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My gmail account was
    #12859886 -

... accessed by an ip address located in NY today at 4:58 pm.  I do not live in NY.  Im a bit sketched out...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12859958 -

so delete that shit man

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12859973 -

Change your pw, but I used to check my ex's gmail all the time long after we broke up (when she lived in a different state.) She wrote me drafts all the time, addressed to me but never sent. Finally I just told her I was reading her email and there was a little thing at the bottom of her gmail that said I was. Any NY friends?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #12859987 -

creeper ^^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #12860002 -

Anonymous #4 said:
creeper ^^



hey, I stopped after around 20 unsent drafts to me, and eventually told her :P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12860024 -

Anonymous #1 said:
... accessed by an ip address located in NY today at 4:58 pm.  I do not live in NY.  Im a bit sketched out...



don't worry. its only google spying on you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #12860123 -

I changed the password and deleted all sensitive material.  I also created a hushmail account.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #12862520 -

Anonymous #1 said:
I changed the password and deleted all sensitive material.  I also created a hushmail account.




Hushmail is known to work w/ LEO. You should use safe-mail.net or lavabit.com. They are much better and secure. Also if you have sensitive material you should look into GPG encryption.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #12862793 -

Use a DNS tracer and find out which ISP is being used and give them a jingle. You might not get far, but if you are
a sweet talker you might.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #12871657 -

Do you access gmail on your cellphone by chance?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #12874202 -

My girlfriend's account was accessed by some dickweed in Brazil the other week.

We changed her password of course, but how the fuck these assholes find out passwords anyway? By no means was her password something easily guessed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #12874248 -

They most often use brute force-type programs. Basically these are programs that plug in different words and word combinations into the password entry very rapidly. This is why you try to have a strong password - I.E. a nonsensical random combination of numbers and letters which have no significance to you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #12874903 -

Probably logged in on a mobile internet connection (as in one of those USB drives that allow you to connect to the web) that used a NY IP. I used to use one of those and I would sometimes get IP addresses from the other side of the country.

You might have logged on using a phone too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #12875343 -

Thanks for reminding me of that list. I have a NY ip on my access list on July 7th as well. I also have a DC address on July 6th. Both of those don't seem right.

I do also have NC and VA addresses as well however I was in those states at those times so those aren't out of the question. I have accessed my email from a cell phone recently though. Going to access it from there now and see what shows up. GA showed up, but it also indicated that the login was from a mobile, where as all the other older logins show just IMAP.


Weirdness abounds....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #12]
    #12876738 -

Brute Force isn't used that much anymore for a lot of these hosted e-mail/services. They typically have account lock outs configured to lock the account after so many invalid attempted logins.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #12877487 -

Makes sense. I stand corrected then. I will admit my knowledge is a bit dated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My gmail account was [Re: Anonymous #10]
    #12877522 -

It was definitely hacked.
The day that happened she got an email notification from google saying emails could not be send because they were spam.

The person mass messaged her entire list sending website links

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Anyone had a hushmail accont closed? Anonymous 198 2 03/11/08 09:29 PM
by Anonymous
* Post your password!
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 1,462 40 03/11/08 04:20 PM
by Anonymous
* Password request Anonymous 265 4 11/14/07 12:47 PM
by Anonymous
* Please Delete My Account, I'm In Serious Legal Trouble
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,213 34 09/09/08 01:46 PM
by Anonymous
* hey guys do any of you have a link to oliveplumes myspace account? Anonymous 330 4 01/02/08 06:53 AM
by Anonymous
* Deleting My Account? Anonymous 361 9 12/30/07 12:33 AM
by Anonymous
* Post your deviantart account Anonymous 262 7 10/22/08 12:18 PM
by Anonymous
* i forgot my hushmail account passphrase... Anonymous 399 1 03/04/10 09:27 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, Shroomism, george castanza, Alan Rockefeller, yogabunny
547 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.