Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
smoking blueberry leaves
    #12760855 -

anyone have information on this?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Fern]
    #12760912 -

Apparently it can help cure hepatitus C, but aside from that I dont see much info on it.

I doubt it would be for a high.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Cactusdan]
    #12760956 -

I cant find anything about blueberries in the Encyclopedia of Psychoactive plants, and its pretty comprehensive.


I definitely wouldnt try it until I got some accurate and reliable info.


-M

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Methadone]
    #12761070 -

i was guessing a tobacco substitute,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Fern]
    #12761152 -

Not as far as anyone can find, we've been discussing it thoroughly on the #botany chat.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Cactusdan]
    #12762334 -

Never smoked 'em but they work very well in tea's. Makes a very nice taste, promotes good circulation, liver cleaning and a whole buncha other good stuff.

I keep a bag around with my other herbs for just those reasons.


--------------------
Master Slants Made Simple

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Mephistophelian]
    #12762481 -

do you dry them first? if so how dry before you Tea it?

ive been making dandelion tea and its great.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Fern]
    #12762615 -

I use bone dry stuff. I mean, you dry it at very low heat as to not have the heat harm any useful oils (to the extent that you can preserve them via heat) is only 95F I believe. (fixed that temp)

Then I just keep them in a ziplock bag and then use it in a french press. I have a large stock of a variety of herbs that I use in tea for various ailments instead of filthy pharama garbage to cover my issues.

Hops, Passionflower, Nettles, Dandelion, Chamomile, Skull Cap, Valerian, Gingsing, Ginko, are just a few...


--------------------
Master Slants Made Simple

Edited by Mephistophelian (06/18/10 05:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Mephistophelian]
    #12762703 -

ohh so you put them in oven, i got them on a large plate with a small fan next to it, its drying them but at a much slower rate compared to roasting dandelion. i too use a french press, until now i thought it was called a filter press haha.

what does blueberry leaf tea taste like? im very anxious and want to try this tea ASAP. never heard of nettle tea, sting nettle tea taste any good?

using local sources is a great past time, free and healthy!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Fern]
    #12762861 -

I don't use an oven, I use a Excalibur Dehydrator...but using a fan blowing over would work. Sun drying works very well if you can keep the wind away from the leaves while they're drying. I dry alot of plants doing that since some of them won't fit in the Excalibur and...well its free and energy conscious. You can make tea with fresh stuff, that's not an issue. Its actually better for you since you keep your essential oils intact, but for long term storage you need to dry them.

Nettle tea is very nutritious (yup stinging nettle, though I bought my bag, I wonder what it would be like to try to harvest it). It's apparently good for skin, I don't have my notes handy...otherwise I'd give you a better breakdown of its use.

Blueberry leaves crushed should be very 'fluffy' and soft. Nice, subtle smooth taste to them. I add them to my tea's to help the flavor. That along with Red Clover (excellent for taste and nutritious).


--------------------
Master Slants Made Simple

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Mephistophelian]
    #12762894 -

Nettles is chock full of vitamins and stuff and is very good for you. It also gives energy.  You can cook it and eat it like spinach. The cooking destroys the poisons in it.
  I could harvest it with my thick skinned hands but if I rub it across thin skin such as undersides of my arms is when it will get ya.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: cpw1971]
    #12762899 -

Never thought of eating it, that's really interesting. I'll bet it would be great for soup or stews if the taste was less then desirable.


--------------------
Master Slants Made Simple

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Mephistophelian]
    #12764309 -

The taste isn't that bad. You gotta use the young leaves though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: cpw1971]
    #12768110 -

can the root and stem be used in the tea?

almost all my leaves has some stalk attached, i have small amount of roots that easily popped out of the ground and i can trim them off if they have no use.

thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: smoking blueberry leaves [Re: Fern]
    #12768184 -

We use Blueberry leaves in our last batch of herbal blend and it seemed to be more a of a filler for the incense than anything else.  We did not see any benefit to using it but on the other hand have had no complaints.


--------------------
$15+ in Freebies with every single order!  Plus use the coupon code, 'Mush10' for 10% off your entire order at our Wunderland Herbal Store  We sell herbal blends infused with JWH-250 and JWH-122.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Kratom smoked HidingInPlainSight 2,525 4 09/12/04 10:41 AM
by Locus
* Heimia Smoked is great!!!
( 1 2 all )
Zen Peddler 3,922 25 04/25/03 03:51 PM
by blaze2
* bugs on salvia leaves. downforpot 2,074 5 11/19/01 05:53 AM
by Elektrolurch
* Smoking Kratom mushiemountain 10,258 12 09/30/04 12:26 AM
by Locus
* Smoked Lobelia Inflata neuro 2,637 3 07/25/03 11:33 AM
by neuro
* smoking datura flowers sopp1 7,308 9 10/11/20 07:00 AM
by ft116
* stinging nettle question
( 1 2 all )
screaming_meme 4,855 33 04/16/09 05:28 PM
by Spiderbaby
* Caring for Stinging Nettles Organic 2,125 15 09/11/05 11:36 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
5,736 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 48 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.