Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free?
    #12718695 -

Well I was reading the strain thread the other day...

"
Oak Ridge
According to jeetered, "I found this strain growing wild, 5 miles west of Y12 nuclear weapons complex, in Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37830 USA, growing gregariously and singular in equine dung and surrounding enriched soils. Oak Ridge, TN 37830 USA,  is where the atom bombs were built that "ended" world war II. "the secret city".

The Oak Ridge strain has no residual radiation, however where found, there were some mutated specimens. The soil was tested for mercury that was near the find, no trace amounts. As far as nuclear irradiation, no way jose.

They have long yellow stems, and large bright orange caps. the ones in the picture on FSRE had sporulated on themselves."

jeetered would like to keep Oak Ridge FREE. Donate it to spore rings, trade the prints, but please vendors, don't sell it."

http://www.ralphstersspores.com/CAN/product_info.php?products_id=244

"New and in Stock"

....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718702 -

And while I'm on the subject of jeetered, does anyone remember how he did this tek?

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7539286

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718707 -

thats really interesting.


--------------------
I'm
Noobs! The best tool here is up top to the right. Don't  forget about it. Just type your question in!:cool:
RR is my favorite source of knowledge. Check out his videos!

If I forgot to leave you a rating, please remind me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: Giggle_Grower]
    #12718730 -

this isent cool
ralph is the shit
but he needs to be talked to about this one
has someone let him know yet?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: jokefox]
    #12718758 -

jokefox said:
this isent cool
ralph is the shit
but he needs to be talked to about this one
has someone let him know yet?



I have not contacted him yet. So until then I think its fair that everyone should give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he is unaware that these prints are not supposed to be sold. I wasn't even sure if that rule was still being upheld (which is why I made this thread) but apparently it is.

Edit: I just sent RalphSpores an email expressing concern about oak ridge ( and which also contained a link to this thread). I await his response.

Edited by doornoblightbulb (06/10/10 02:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: jokefox]
    #12718780 -

jokefox said:
this isent cool
ralph is the shit
but he needs to be talked to about this one
has someone let him know yet?




Yes...
Ralph Oak Ridge

I've always gone with Ralphsters and I'll probably continue to go with Ralphsters spores,but I also want to ttry some other vendors too.Some things that have sold me on Ralphsters:

Quality genetics

Quick and discrete shipping

SOTM

Best prices I've seen


Will I buy Oak Ridge from Ralph....who knows?

If jeetered truly didn't want it sold then I probably won't buy it...no no,I won't buy it.I'll wait until I have something of = to trade someone should I be lucky enough to come across a give away or someone with a print.If I don't get one...oh well,no major loss.


*EDIT*

I also must add that Ralph makes a pretty damn good point in that thread

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12667752#12667752

Keep in mind I only agree with what I have marked in bold...the rest I just can't quite buy into...


ralphster44 said:
I have had this strain for about over a year.
There are alot of people who ask me about it.
How can they get it, they want to give it a shot.

They dont want to get it from people who post online about everything.
Thats what they say, not me, that what they say.

So, can they try it as well as you do>?
I would think so.
who do they trust?
They trust RalphstersSpores.com

For whoever thinks the only way for them to get it is from someone online, guess what.....

they dont want to talk to you.
they dont want to know you.
they dont trust people who post online.
Understandable
and for sure, they are not going to give you there name and address!!

These people have the right to get this strain just as anyone does.
And thats what we do.


I would say about 90% of our customers do not post online.
These are more private people.
Thats why they all come to us.

we offer this strain as a service, and to keep it the same strain as we origionally got it.
That is what we do.


thats why we offer it now.

I hope you understand but really dont care if you dont.

Thanks everyone for making us #1

Ralphster44



There was another post by Ralph (I can't find it ATM) where Ralph mentioned he didn't see a few of the people bitching offering up some free OR prints,and that he didn't see any going on here at the shroomery etc. and that if you weren't supplying free OR prints (if you had them) that you really shouldn't complain,because now you can.

Sure he is charging money for them,but he has a business to run and if you know anything about running a business,no matter how big or small,it takes a lot of money.Ralph consistently offers an abundance of great genetics at the absolute best prices I have seen ($15/syringe + $5 s/h).Now everyone has a chance to have some OR in their collection.As much as jeetered may have wanted this strain to be free and passed along without charge,I'm sure he will/would be happy knowing that now,everyone can have it,wheter it costs $20 or it's free,it is now available to EVERYONE.


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Edited by Mad_Hatter2004 (06/10/10 02:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #12718789 -

double post ..opps

Edited by jokefox (06/10/10 02:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #12718791 -

jeetered is banned
if any one dident know

i think ralph is alright
though i havent met him so i really dont know
but what mycro.alchemist said about apple trees makes sence

unless jeetered some how held some trademark over it
witch i cant see happening
then i dont see anything coming of this thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: jokefox]
    #12718799 -

last post edited again ^^^


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #12718811 -

I thought jeetered left? Thats different than being banned.

Anyways, I still don't think what ralphster is doing is totally right. Hes doing it for profit. If he was really just trying to help out the private mushroom cultivators community like he claims, he could simply give out free Oak ridge spores with every order in addition to SOTM. 2 free syringes per order would really put him above the competition.

Or if that method isn't profitable, he could just replace SOTM with oakridge upon request.

I guess its not my place to say, since I didn't discover the strain, and since jeetered is long gone. If he were here, and still giving out free prints, then that would be a different story.

Edited by doornoblightbulb (06/10/10 02:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718829 -

doornoblightbulb said:
I thought jeetered left? Thats different than being banned.

Anyways, I still don't think what ralphster is doing is totally right. Hes doing it for profit. If he was really just trying to help out the private mushroom cultivators community like he claims, he could simply give out free Oak ridge spores with every order in addition to SOTM. 2 free syringes per order would really put him above the competition.

I guess its not my place to say, since I didn't discover the strain, and since jeetered is long gone. If he were here, and still giving out free prints, then that would be a different story.



You make a good point too.

I like Ralphsters,nothing against him.I just won't buy Oak Ridge.I respect peoples wishes and if jeetered didn't want it sold,then I will not buy.I will however continue to go through Ralphsters (while still trying other shroomery sponsors too).

I thought it was cool that someone suggested the idea of making it SOTM (Although this month has already been deemed TC for SOTM).It would be cool if he threw in a OR as an extra with the Cambodian and TC SOTM,or if he made next months SOTM x2 Oak Ridge....


--------------------
7 days without waves makes one weak!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #12718866 -

theres no point to ever buy the same strain twice
or buy or get duplicates
its pointless

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718884 -

Personally I don't see why people are getting up in arms about this. Who gives a damn really. It breaks down like this:

If you want it free then hook up with someone who is willing to give/trade it to you.

If you want to buy it then buy it. Fact of the matter is if this "strain" is not intellectual property of any one person then anyone can and will sell it if there is a market for it.

As far as I know there is NO patent or trademark for this specimen, therefore, no one, including jeetered (if he were still around), has any reason to say anything. Actually, the only person that has any room to complain is God.


--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: StainBlue]
    #12718889 -

StainBlue said:
Personally I don't see why people are getting up in arms about this. Who gives a damn really. It breaks down like this:

If you want it free then hook up with someone who is willing to give/trade it to you.

If you want to buy it then buy it. Fact of the matter is if this "strain" is not intellectual property of any one person then anyone can and will sell it if there is a market for it.

As far as I know there is NO patent or trademark for this specimen, therefore, no one, including jeetered (if he were still around), has any reason to say anything. Actually, the only person that has any room to complain is God.



i totally agree

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: StainBlue]
    #12718899 -

jokefox said:
theres no point to ever buy the same strain twice
or buy or get duplicates
its pointless



Very good point!

Completely irrelevant though... I'm not sure who you are responding to.

StainBlue said:
Personally I don't see why people are getting up in arms about this. Who gives a damn really. It breaks down like this:

If you want it free then hook up with someone who is willing to give/trade it to you.

If you want to buy it then buy it. Fact of the matter is if this "strain" is not intellectual property of any one person then anyone can and will sell it if there is a market for it.

As far as I know there is NO patent or trademark for this specimen, therefore, no one, including jeetered (if he were still around), has any reason to say anything. Actually, the only person that has any room to complain is God.



Thats your opinion. If I went out in the woods, found a new species of mushrooms, domesticated it, and went through the effort to mail it out for free, I wouldn't want someone taking it, and profiting from it. How do you think ralphsters got oakridge? I kinda doubt they paid for it. They probably got it for free, and now they are charging people for it.

So there isn't a legal patent on it. Ohh, big deal. No ones talking about suing ralph, this is purely a moral issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718906 -

if i was ralph i would do the same thing

money is money and in this life money is more important then oxygen
you can always buy more oxygen
but you cant get money that easy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: jokefox]
    #12718914 -

jokefox said:
if i was ralph i would do the same thing

money is money and in this life money is more important then oxygen
you can always buy more oxygen
but you cant get money that easy



Ok... So essentially you're a greedy asshole. Cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718918 -

doornoblightbulb said:
Thats your opinion. If I went out in the woods, found a new species of mushrooms, domesticated it, and went through the effort to mail it out for free, I wouldn't want someone taking it, and profiting from it. How do you think ralphsters got oakridge? I kinda doubt they paid for it. They probably got it for free, and now they are charging people for it.

So there isn't a legal patent on it. Ohh, big deal. No ones talking about suing ralph, this is purely a moral issue.



+1 to this


--------------------
I'm
Noobs! The best tool here is up top to the right. Don't  forget about it. Just type your question in!:cool:
RR is my favorite source of knowledge. Check out his videos!

If I forgot to leave you a rating, please remind me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718922 -

not really

how is that being greedy

everyone has there way of living and making money
so others do it like that
some get other jobs

its life
oak ridge is a cube and a cube is a cube
so does this mean no one can sell PE
or amazon

im kinda on the fence
this is an economy in its self

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Isn't Oakridge supposed to be free? [Re: doornoblightbulb]
    #12718928 -

Quote:
doornoblightbulb said:

So there isn't a legal patent on it. Ohh, big deal. No ones talking about suing ralph, this is purely a moral issue.




I understand what you're saying but I think you have forgotten what planet you live on. No offense.

I understand that jeetered didn't want it sold but those were his wishes and nothing more. Ralph has no obligation whatsoever to abide by or adhere to them. Now if Ralph obtained it for free from jeetered WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT HE WAS NOT TO CHARGE FOR IT then we could begin to argue any "moral" implications of the sale of this strain.

Seriously, it's not a big deal.


--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Ralphsters legit?
( 1 2 3 all )
Cinopsilo 5,970 47 03/09/13 03:58 PM
by veda_sticks
* free spore ring europe
( 1 2 3 all )
acidhead1279 7,250 41 07/14/09 10:50 AM
by Dezzy
* Is Ralphster shipping? pdinca 774 2 09/16/03 12:39 PM
by ralphster44
* Free spore ring forevrgrounded98 5,819 8 12/18/03 07:12 PM
by ChromeCrow
* Ralphster's Spores Screwed Me! monkeymagic 1,712 9 09/27/02 12:52 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Ralphster Sloth 696 2 09/29/01 09:41 AM
by fiddler4u
* RALPHSTER44 estaesPACO 715 2 03/21/02 02:58 PM
by
* Ralphsters Spores Jellynuts 2,026 16 07/31/04 02:29 PM
by FirstAvailable

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,984 topic views. 23 members, 106 guests and 273 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.