Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Ralph Oak Ridge.
    #12658708 -

Ralphsters is selling oak ridge for $$. Isn't this considered a faux-pas? I've always heard that this strain is intended to be kept free and traded.


--------------------
He believed that educated people
could make up their own minds.
His motto, as head of one of the first and
most important review panels, was great encouragement: "We're not here
to play God."


-DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Flowing]
    #12660270 -

There is no control on this. Who and where is the Ps. Cubensis strain police?

-Graham


--------------------
www.MycoPath.com
Mushroom Spawn, Cultures, Fungi Bags, Casings, Master Grain Jars, Bags for In-vitro, Laboratory supplies, and much more!
Mushroom Supplies. Fast Turnaround Times. Great Service.
orders@mycopath.com
enter code shroomery for 10% off product.

www.FungiForum.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Cryogenicz]
    #12662862 -

You're appealing to a police metaphor on a psychedelic sub culture forum?
Evidently there is no police force or other sort of authority over it,
but there should be a certain amount of respect for the wishes of the person
who originally coined their strain. I know, I know a rose is a rose by any other name
and a cube is a cube, but it seems a little underhanded.


--------------------
He believed that educated people
could make up their own minds.
His motto, as head of one of the first and
most important review panels, was great encouragement: "We're not here
to play God."


-DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Flowing]
    #12664651 -

If I bought an apple, then planted the seeds, then grew apple trees & sold the fruits.
Would it be wrong? I think not.


--------------------
CASING = GETTING IT RIGHT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: myco.alchemist]
    #12665792 -

No, but benefiting from someone else's work is pretty parasitic.
The original person had a unselfish motivation to keep their strain traded and not exchanged for money.
I think that's a pretty noble cause for the OMC even if it's just the concept of a name.
I know I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but Ralph's got plenty of cubes to sell, why ruin it for this one name?


--------------------
He believed that educated people
could make up their own minds.
His motto, as head of one of the first and
most important review panels, was great encouragement: "We're not here
to play God."


-DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Flowing]
    #12666932 -

Maintaining stock on harder to find for sale OR for free prints isnt "work"?

Show me a BETTER mass distribution method for the "survival" of this stock?

I dont exactly see -you- running around handing 'em out.

Right?


If there is demand..... Then, thanks to some keen mind, there will be a supply.

Well.... There is obviously a demand..... And the supply CANNOT outweigh it... I base this on the fact that people still pay money for it, and people like you ARE NOT giving it away for free.

IF you were as concerned as you say you are.....

We wouldnt need this convo.

Ralphs sales on oakridge would flatline because we would all already have a print.

Right?




Sorry, I am very results orientated.... And I am not sure what you are doing by complaining about a savvy business person who identifies a lack in the market and accommodates his happy customers with spore print choices they will enjoy  purchasing because of the great value they place on this strain, which some other vendors do not carry, according to -whatever- reason.

Shrewd business deals = something to be admired. Not looked down on for morality deficits.

For all I know, ralph is the worst human being on the planet.

But....... To me, It wouldnt matter.
    IF he is able to collect change from paying people, without either party involved in the transaction walking away dissatisfied, then he has done everything RIGHT.

Except, for maybe the pointed stares of the high-minded among us, who choose to look down on our sins:evil:, while they despise their poverty and envy our wealth. :headbanger:

Hate the Game, Dont hate the playa' :grin:


Honestly, look even at the forums here.... Very few people REALLLLLLYYYYY give prints away for free in any number that is going to count....

Most trade for stamps, or ask for donations on stamps prior to "give-aways".

If they are giving away oakridge........ should they eat the entire shipping cost, on say..... 500 prints?

I dont see your point as being valid when compared to "reality". Maybe you could post me some sources.... The "owner" expressedly saying ONLY for free??

How about a short thesis on what gives any living being "ownership rights" over any other living being?

Is there a line?

Where is it drawn?



Its a wicked world. Get used to it, or get out. :peace:


--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

Edited by Shad0w (06/01/10 02:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Flowing]
    #12667752 -

I have had this strain for about over a year.
There are alot of people who ask me about it.
How can they get it, they want to give it a shot.

They dont want to get it from people who post online about everything.
Thats what they say, not me, that what they say.

So, can they try it as well as you do>?
I would think so.
who do they trust?
They trust RalphstersSpores.com

For whoever thinks the only way for them to get it is from someone online, guess what.....

they dont want to talk to you.
they dont want to know you.
they dont trust people who post online.
Understandable
and for sure, they are not going to give you there name and address!!

These people have the right to get this strain just as anyone does.
And thats what we do.

I would say about 90% of our customers do not post online.
These are more private people.
Thats why they all come to us.

we offer this strain as a service, and to keep it the same strain as we origionally got it.
That is what we do.

thats why we offer it now.

I hope you understand but really dont care if you dont.

Thanks everyone for making us #1

Ralphster44


--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: ralphster44]
    #12667787 -

Many folks worldwide gratefully appreciate the service you have given over the years to the community. Keep up the good work.........:thumbup:


--------------------
CASING = GETTING IT RIGHT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: myco.alchemist]
    #12670140 -

Well, have fun with that. I can't stop you.

To Shadow: Placing "Shrewd business deals" above your morality is exactly why this world is the way it is.
I would love to hand out prints of oak ridge if I had it, but I'm waiting until I have the opportunity to contribute something of my own in exchange for it while avoiding money.
You just give me that much more incentive to give as much as I can.
Go ahead and fuel my dedication, if you want me to prove you wrong, I'll do my best.

To Ralph: :murray:  Thaaaaanks, why not make it spore of the month? :shrug:

Ralph, as much as you don't care, you've lost a customer. I'd rather invest my money in sporeworks who would contribute species identification work and research instead of idle profiteering.

Peace, sorry for the ruckus.


--------------------
He believed that educated people
could make up their own minds.
His motto, as head of one of the first and
most important review panels, was great encouragement: "We're not here
to play God."


-DMT: The Spirit Molecule

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Flowing]
    #12671283 -

good idea

next month it will be

thanks


--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: ralphster44]
    #12683332 -

Lol why are you bitching about ralph making a print available to people such as your self with out a print to trade or a friend to give you one? I dont have any friends with spore prints or on this forum, and threw this forum i literally have over a dozen prints just laying around waiting to be played with. Your in for a shocker when you realize sporeworks is identical to ralphs in the essence they are a profit company, if they were not they would charge the price of the syringe and water and postage(not putting sporeworks down, they are my number one choice). And if the world is the way it is now because of putting ones morality over "shrewed business deals" i suppose hitler made bank g


--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.


I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Montock]
    #12719309 -

Fact is there are other vendors out there that aren't Shroomery sponsors. Many of witch supply Oak Ridge Spores. Why shouldn't Ralph offer it too ?

Would you willingly turn down substantial amounts of money, out of the kindness in your heart?


--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Flowing]
    #12726014 -

Lofty ideals and six dollars will get you a pack of cigarettes. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ralph Oak Ridge. [Re: Flowing]
    #12727697 -

Hi Flowing

No offense intended, but your bitching at Ralph about selling a certain strain of spore and saying he shouldn't because of all the hard work the originator put in?
What about all the hard work the printers put in to make the prints for him that will remain true to the original strain.
Do you have any idea how many good strains have been lost over the years and can't be found anywhere?
Running the FSRC has it's advantages... I get many strains that otherwise would have been lost.
I resurrected the A strain which is very popular, thanks to a small portion of a print which Roadkill had, and was kind enough to send me. We successfully found and resurrected the Syzygy, Gaudalajara, Malabar and T3,  from donated "lost" prints. These are all now available again.
And... I have personally isolated and made several new strains available to the community. The satisfaction to me is that someone may enjoy them, whether they get them for free or from a Vendor. The most important thing to me... is that they are available.

Each time I released a new strain, I gave away hundreds of prints, to anyone including Vendors. If any Vendor believes the strain is good enough to market, let him. I would be proud that my efforts worked well.

As far as a strain remaining free forever... I would rather it remain available forever. There are too many strains that I have been trying to find for years!

Take Care
Shdwstr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Oak Ridge strain ralphster44 2,016 12 10/07/07 01:43 AM
by jeetered
* Best Service / Product SURVEY!!! please contribute!!
( 1 2 all )
Grass_Hopper 4,638 31 02/17/10 08:04 PM
by Roadkill
* McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Una 10,630 64 09/28/01 01:39 AM
by Yoschie99
* Quik question for Ralph. Helltick 689 2 09/04/06 07:07 PM
by ralphster44
* Ralph! Nirvana 1,328 11 04/15/03 09:34 AM
by ralphster44
* poor service from ralphsters
( 1 2 all )
t00th 4,301 34 04/11/08 12:36 AM
by Roadkill
* ~Shout Out To Ralph!!~ crazyoutlaw 1,366 4 05/07/08 05:00 PM
by crazyoutlaw
* ralph ROCKS!!
( 1 2 all )
ThePyschonaut52 4,778 21 07/13/07 09:17 AM
by Androctonus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: geokills, motaman
1,883 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.