The Shroomery

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek
    #405017 - 09/26/01 03:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I would like to show everybody something. The following pics were taken from the "spores" page of the Mycro-Tek website. http://www.myco-tek.com/SporePage.html.

First the original pic of the "Koh Samui(T3)" as it shown on the website.

Now let's mirror this pic and enlarge it.

And finally cut a piece out.

Now compare this pic to the one shown as "Pink Buffalo KS".

Everyone can see that this pic is from the same bunch of mushrooms, only the picture was taken under a slightly different angle and some mushrooms were removed for the "Pink Buffalo KS" photo.

I notifief Mcman personally about two weeks ago because i think these matters should be discussed in private before posting them on a public board. I got an immediate response; he said to remove the duplicate pics (yes there were more doubles) and that he had only done it to help out Ralph. He did so the next day, but he "forgot" these images.

I know very well that i might get flamed now, for criticising the "competition", but i'll take that risk.
I am not posting this for personal gain as i think that we are not losing many customers at this moment to myco-tek.com. And i can honestly say that the pictures we have on our website are truly pictures of the strains we sell.

The whole vendor system is largely based on trust between customer and vendor. People sent money (often cash by unregistered mail) and then trust the seller to supply them with a good product (now i am not saying that you don't have good products.........................), but a customer also trusts that a vendor will not give them false information or in this case false pics.

I think competition is good. It forces everyone to keep the quality and service up while keeping the prices reasonable. But competition should be fair i think and that's the reason why i'm adressing this. People are being deceived no matter how you turn it.

Una

Need spores? We got spores!
Visit MUSHMUSH
for the highest quality exotic mushroom spores.
info@mushmush.nl

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Una]
    #405064 - 09/26/01 03:58 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

All I can say is that is sneaky shit besides being a mispresentation of their products for sale. I thought we were to expect better from these two individuals who have been a big part of this community for a long time. I know there is gonna be some lame excuse for using these same pics for different strains but it still comes down to "false advertising" and "trust".
Why was it necessary to mislead us? What else are we being mislead about? "Shame, shame...."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#405116 - 09/26/01 04:27 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #405124 - 09/26/01 04:34 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for pointing that out.

Larry

I'm only a man
In a silly red sheet
digging for kyptonite on this one way street

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #405164 - 09/26/01 05:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

weird, though id say (im prolly wrong, not good at computer stuff like some) that it looks like something was *added*, not taken away? strange.

i understand about the falsifying (accidentally or not) of pics, and how that reflects on a business, but i personally i dont think that this is "outright" misrepresentation- unless someones not getting the strains they request, or if the vendor actually doesnt carry a particular strain but advertises that they do. a pic is simply illustrative, and though the image/looks of a particular cub may influence the buyer one over another- ultimately i believe the surrounding "hype" and writeup of the particular strains (by the vendors themselves, and by the community at large), and not the pics, influence the buyer more. of course, the rep of the seller is important as well... and nice pics do influence the buyer to be sure- we all like to look at pics (evinced by the large amt of views in the pics forum). this does cast an unsavory shadow on the spore division (many of us would never have noticed this, and i thank una for bringing it up). but, i want to put my 02 as a buyer unrelated to vendors that though it may seem somewhat deceptive, it is not the only factor a buyer uses to decide on what strain.

but then again- as a hypothetical buyer- i am swayed by impressive pics (that somehow imply/reflect on how "good" of a vendor someone is, what skills they possess, etc.), which these are... and if theyre not accurate, this adversely affects the other vendors in the arena more than the potential buyer. i am an advocate for the free market economy as far as this community is concerned... the vendors are the ones affected adversely however, and not so much the buyers at large. at least from my perspective... not that the effect on vendors is worth "less" than that of buyers, but i do believe it is different and i also do believe it should be carried out fairly (as una has alluded to) among them. and as i said- i do believe this to be a vendor issue and their opinions are the ones i would value most in this discussion... since they are the ones affected, more than the individual buyer.

i dont know where i land on this. but it seems bad tidings. i always admired how well the vendors in the community have interacted not only with the community, but other vendors (save a few exceptions). id hate to see this turn badly. but i thank those who have made this public- i dont believe in flame wars but its a legitimate post and questioning of business practices.

i dont know where i land on this; i guess i will more when i read others opinions, since i really dont believe it affects me personally.

***Please Donate Blood. American Red Cross***

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002
"Any data submitted to Shroomery.org becomes our property"

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: oscill8]
    #405353 - 09/26/01 07:51 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: ralphster44]
    #405365 - 09/26/01 07:59 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Woah Ralph, I don't think anyone is saying anything bad about you guys, just that using incorrect pictures isn't liked by these guys who make this their living.

We know your good people, I'm sure that if you asked you could get the correct pictures you need. But the issue is real since those pics aren't correct.

Its not a big deal, but I think Una and psilocyber are right to bring this to your attention. They don't mean anything against you personally, just want it fixed thats all.

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USA
Post deleted by users_request [Re: oscill8]
    #405366 - 09/26/01 08:00 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: McMan]
    #405374 - 09/26/01 08:08 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I think mcman you missed both psilocyber and Una's points. They said you are good people and that this isn't meant as an attack on your character. They do however feel mis-representation of those pics is a bad thing, they have the right to feel this way.

Either way, it was being brought to your attention to make it right, whats so wrong with that?

In reply to:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to be only the competition that studied the spore page so close as to pick any irregularities out from our products

I think Una and psilocyber probably have a great eye for these things, its just easier for people like them to pick out irregularities as compared to the average joe.

In reply to:

Well, thanks for the informative observation guys! You got me! I'm busted! Now what? Well, now I apologize for having to stretch out the material that I had to work with when I assembled Ralphster's spore division page. And I'm sorry for being as creative as I did, as I was only trying to help Ralph sell his spores (that is the point of the spore page!) and I didn't think that it was a serious shroomer crime to use the KS as a rep for the PB/KS, in fact I BELIEVE THEY ARE THE SAME THING!! So, yes, I did it! But, believe me when I say that Ralph WAS NOT AWARE of this. Blame me, NOT Ralph for this.

Again, they just wanted it corrected, and if you feel its the same strain why not just call it the same or explain calmly your reasons. Una contacted you 2 weeks ago, did you tell him this also?

I'm sorry you got so mad mcman, I don't think psilocyber and Una meant any harm to your business, just wanted you to be accurate with your pics, that sounds reasonable.

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#405424 - 09/26/01 08:41 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I just think it's funny when people say criticize their competition and try to say it's not a business thing, not about criticizing the competition.

If you want to call a spade a spade, then do it all around.

http://www.captainjackmusic.com

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Captain Jack]
    #405471 - 09/26/01 09:14 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Welp, there is only one solution to this problem. Everybody must eat shrooms!!!

Leaf

Anonymous

#405472 - 09/26/01 09:16 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I'm not the least bit surprised....

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Thor]
    #405479 - 09/26/01 09:19 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Im a fan of McMan as much as you guys are (but I cant afford his product yet) however, I dont like to see photo's being leeched and used to sell someone else's product. Sure it's fine to link a pic to a member's profile, as so many do here. But when money is involved the rules change.

No ofense McMan. Your a kewel dude from what I have seen and read. We all fuck up, I know that I do.

>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer on 09/26/01 10:44 PM.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: psilocyber]
    #405493 - 09/26/01 09:30 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I also noticed it awhile back. I laughed.

Yet another reason not to be my neighbor.
For supplies: Dr Bluethumb
For spores: FSR

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #405529 - 09/26/01 09:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineWhat_Guy
"Forget ME Not"

#405546 - 09/26/01 09:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

YA,That F**KING G*D D*M **** ****** ******* And That F**king **** **** ******,No just kiding,YOUR DO A GREAT JOB BUD !!!!!

Go get your self a $1 print at the FSR
Shroom tea got me all fryed up

Gilligannnn,the sikper too,marrr.....y...ann.........aaaaand..........OW Fuck it !!

Edited by What_Guy on 09/26/01 10:58 PM.

--------------------

Gilligannnn,the sikper too,marrr.....y...ann.........aaaaand..........OW Fuck it !!

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #405587 - 09/26/01 10:31 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Everyone makes mistakes but a person should be able to admit it, apologize, learn something from it and now we should move on and not drag this out. Thankyou Una for bringing this to our attention and thankyou McMan for admitting you made a mistake.

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

InvisibleNuShroomPharmerII
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: Una]
    #405595 - 09/26/01 10:42 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #405640 - 09/26/01 11:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i dont think we can really call these "attacks" though.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002

Invisibleslither
addict
    #405656 - 09/26/01 11:36 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I hardly consider legitimate thoughts from the three most respected Amateur Mycologists/spore vendors that have contributed more information to the community than anyone attacks. I fail to see how anyone with a clue would have anything but the utmost respect for Una, Sporeworks, or Anno.

I definately trust their judgement and am confident that their actions are NOT motivated by greed. They set the example of what other vendors should strive for.

old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: slither]
    #405695 - 09/27/01 12:11 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineCrestone
    #405708 - 09/27/01 12:24 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

"Dishonesty like this cuts into the very foundation this community was built upon."

Come one now do you really mean that? I think you guys are taking this a little over the top personally. You act like they created a crime here for something that most every busniess does in advertizing. Grow up already. This type of thing doesn't suprise me one bit. I don't now who looks worse here - mycrotek or you guys that are picking apart there business.I think its too funny that this is treated for an administrative issue with the administrator jumping right in to settle the dispute like a referee - now this is real competition you guys. spore vendors - you got to love'em... none of them are competing for our money but they are sure to jump right in on any chance they can to slay another competitor or to make themself look good. this is too funny. I could care less how much you guys contribute - you look like a bunch of competitve yanks to me.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Crestone]
    #405895 - 09/27/01 04:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: psilocyber]
    #405983 - 09/27/01 08:45 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: ralphster44]
    #406047 - 09/27/01 10:32 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: ]
    #406050 - 09/27/01 10:35 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hehe I am not a least bit suprised either.... at last those bad guys ( I was never polite like thor) got their Karma hit back.
Ralphsole :9 and Mcman.... mushrooms are not something like selling souvenir. It has connection with spiritual thing, where fakers like you are are not welcomed.

afterall you are all good people sometimes
~Crobih

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #406074 - 09/27/01 10:54 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I also saw the pics were the same, it came to my mind they were very similar strains but they only had one pic, so they made a similar pic, after reading this post it looks like i was thinking right, no big deal if you ask me as a potential buyer. All cubs are very similar, even the same strains from diferent vendors grow and look a bit diferent, so i'm not going to complain if my B+ wich i bought to vendor A looks diferent than the B+ foto on vendor B.
Anyway, i also think everybody is a bit paranoid about this kind of issues, take some shrooms and eat them, it works great.

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: MAIA]
    #406083 - 09/27/01 11:02 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Invisiblenight trainV
Stranger
Male

Loc: Midwest US
    #406114 - 09/27/01 11:25 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I've held off comment til now, but i gotta stick up for mcman here. First off, him & ralph are/have been for awhile, huge! contribitors to the omc. I believe all this strain, and that strain is he said, she said sort of stuff. I'd be willing to bet, if you had 15 of the different cube strains all grown on the same stuff, same conditons etc. save for a few, anyone would be hard pressed to notice much difference between them. Especially the ks "strains) I'm not saying they're all the same, but basically i think all the strain stuff is just a lot of hype. And it doesn't hurt sales, neither.
But as for misrepresentation, advertising is full of it. Do you complain that swiss vally (for example) shows a huge pitcher of diluted elmers glue being pouredinto a glass cuz it looks better on camera than real no. Fuck no, you go mmm. milk. I'd give more examples of very common stuff, but you all get the pt. It's just one of those things.

Edited by night train on 09/27/01 12:28 PM.

--------------------
Lil' Shop of Spores - Exotic Mushroom Spores From Around the World
Save 10% Off Any Order Use Coupon Code: SHROOMERY

OfflineWhat_Guy
"Forget ME Not"

#406128 - 09/27/01 11:43 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

<If you believe that then I have some camel rock p. mexicanas to offer you that were just freshly picked next to a rock that was in the shape of a camel! I personally don't see any deceit in showing a pic of a Gulf Coast strain that was picked in the tip of Florida vs. one that was picked next to a 400 year old cypress tree, further on down the stream? but if you guys are that anal about it, then that's your thing. However, I am deciding to keep the KS pic and will likely combine the two together and offer them as a single Koh Samui-Thai strain?like they should be! >

LOL, You are so right, who give a fuck, if your getting the spore you paid for then stop bicthing,you all are wineing over bull shit, let the Mcman and ralph sale there spores and stop bicthing !

Go get your self a $1 print at the FSR

--------------------

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: night train]
    #406147 - 09/27/01 11:57 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
    #406283 - 09/27/01 01:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i guess what psilocyber said kinda stuck. that *adding* mushrooms to the pic does misrepresent the strain and its fruiting capability. and if it was just the same pic, and not mirrored and tampered with using photo editing software, then yeah- thats not misrepresentation.

as far as it being the "same", i think mushroom john should be the one to say whether or not theyre the same. looking at them, or using inferetial information about how a strain grows is far too inaccurate a method in determining they are the same. they may have been collected from the same island, but mj was the one who labeled them as such and seperately, and im assuming for a reason.

youre replacing pb with plantasia on the spore division? why start this with ryche? i mean, it is a strain he has exclusively offered up to this point. its not an issue of "copyright" on spores or any legal shadow about who offers something or not. far from it- in my eyes its a moral issue. yes, morality. there are things that i just think are not right. a strain that is in wide circulation, b+ for example, i have no problem with that- because its in wide circulation and part of the community "consciousness" as far as a strain goes. but taking a strain thats exclusive to one vendor and offer it- now i dont agree with that. i mean, what if someone started offering 3m's malabar strain a month after he released it (if he were still in business)? is that acceptable? it was a strain hed collected personally, had worked with and refined- would that be okay? from ryche's site, it does seem he was the one the strain passed down to, and with permission, from the original vendor- and looking for this strain personally for a while, i *know* he was the only one to offer it. now, if ryche said its okay to sell this strain out- thats different imo, and i apologize. but as for now, i think its wrong to offer a strain thats exclusive to one vendor on another vendor's site. and the $ issue is irrelevant- if someone wants it, they can get it thru other means besides a vendor if they cant "afford" the higher cost or go thru the original vendor. by having it "sold"- the original owner loses the ability to collect the money for it. trade are different; end users are different than vendors. thats what exclusive strains are- a hook to get a customer base. when another vendor undermines that... i just dont think thats right. there are very few strains out there that i would call "exclusive," and removing an exclusive strain from the marketplace... again, i dont think it should be done.

do i think you all are crooks? no, far from it. i like you both. but i do have a problem with the things listed above.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: oscill8]
    #406333 - 09/27/01 02:22 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Anonymous

#406335 - 09/27/01 02:23 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

by that reasoning, they shouldn't be offering pink buffalo or puerto rican either.

Invisibleoscill8
*bondage fairy*
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Anonymous]
    #406375 - 09/27/01 03:08 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i dont know the history behind the pr. i know ralph and sporeworks had it about the same time; sporeworks as a vendor and pr's from the fsr. i do believe ralph had them 1st. i dont know who supplied them or the history behind them- so i cant say anything about that and didnt.

but the pink buffalo- mj sells his prints to the vendors at a pretty high cost (relative to the "normal" costs of prints individually sold to customers at the end-user level), knowing full well they will be grown out and resold to the public by these vendors. imo, he "sells" his exclusivity to them thru the high cost of the prints, and enters into this bargain freely. if ryche sold the plantasia to ralph for say, 100$, or sold it knowing he would be offering it as a srtain from his selection, then i think ryche has no cause to complain. but buying it at the end user price (at the consumer level- last time i checked, $10 at thehawksye.com) and reselling it as a vendor- THAT is a problem and was the point of my post.

i understand some may disagree, but i feel pretty strongly about the "exclusive" strain argument, as far as it goes in this community. so, anyways.

--------------------
? oscill8 2001, 2002

Offlinehongus
somebody
    #406425 - 09/27/01 03:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

my problem is not with the strains, but as the trying to fool me. i held my silence waiting to see what went on. yes, an apology, but still mcman, you keep trying to fool me (us, the community). that photo was manipulated. nothing was removed. it was all added to it. you have the skills, but just not ingenious enough.

not having a pic of a strain is okay. mislabeling one for another is wrong. mislabeling one, altering it and adding to it... tsk...tsk... what can i say? a small scam--because there is no other word for it. people here trust vendors. they do so much they trust in what they send and they even give away their own home addresses to them.

there is no point in keeping lying stating that it was just different harvest time. its a lie. not only that but all the mushrooms in there are in the same original pic (which is the one in which Una placed the "red rec").

thats what pisses me off. and everyone that says that its okay to do that, fuck you! theres no point in lying. if you stand by something, stick to the truth about it. and if you fuck up and admit that you do it, admit it completely!!! dont keep saying that you just took a different picture of a different time... thats not true. thats sad.

two questions:
what kind of software do you have and what kind of camera?
it has a really nice resolution, right?

now, about the strain naming, aint the location more of a reference? when i see species named around, they are usually like this: Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer--being the first two parts the species name, and the last part the collector/s. so in the case of me being right, then the habitat equals the strain.

He somehow manages to breathe in his sepia, wounded-tea, liquid ambiance suspension.

--------------------
FOR LEASE: Up to 400 characters signature lot. Single owner. Great commercial opportunity.

Anonymous

#406439 - 09/27/01 03:55 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

since yours is an extremely technical arguement, let me be technical in responding.

true sw and ralph had em at around the same time... ralph was not a "vendor" at the time sw first offered them.

also true of pink buffalo and ryche.

BTW osc, you'll make a great lawyer. (sincere)

Edited by Bill_Woodruff on 09/28/01 01:19 AM.

old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: hongus]
    #406441 - 09/27/01 03:56 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Anonymous

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Anonymous]
    #406454 - 09/27/01 04:05 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

all I'm saying is perhaps this should've(no such thing as) been handled in private.

maybe y'all could buy your own HT ad with the slogan "we don't have fake pictures"

remember when everyone was behind them getting the ad? we wanted some competition to save the community from the evil capitalist.

Offlinehongus
somebody
    #406478 - 09/27/01 04:32 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

i still think that if i got my print from mycotek, the print should be labeled with the name of the *collector* and the place of collection, as that keeps more control over which particular strain it is...

if you cultivated it, that does not change the properties of the species.
maybe someone with a background in this might be helpful, as its making me really curious. i dont doubt you nsp2, i just want the fact. 8-)

i do remember a post looong ago in which somebody asked (in general forum) to identify some mushrooms that he bought.. mj jumped in the thread to say that the correct way to label that mushroom (which many other said was EQ) was Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer.

other examples:
Psilocybe bohemica Sebek
Psilocybe caerulescens Murrill var. caerulescens
Psilocybe cyanofibrillosa Guzm?n and Stamets
(maybe hunting together that day?)
Psilocybe subcubensis Guzm?n (Koh Samui, Thailand)...

from here ----> http://mjshroomer.yage.net/species.html

thats where i got those id's from....

He somehow manages to breathe in his sepia, wounded-tea, liquid ambiance suspension.

--------------------
FOR LEASE: Up to 400 characters signature lot. Single owner. Great commercial opportunity.

Offlinehongus
somebody
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: hongus]
    #406479 - 09/27/01 04:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

IMHO

--------------------

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

#406486 - 09/27/01 04:40 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Also, so you know, you are misunderstanding the "photo-manipulation" issue here; there was NO adding to the pic, it was a pic taken of the same crop, only at different times. Some had been harvested.. THAT's ALL!

Well that's not really true....

First look at the pics in my first post...than look at this pic:

so i cut a part out again (as mcman did)...

The mushrooms in this part are the same as the ones that McMan has added to the picture of the "Pink Buffalo KS" strain. He shifted them up, and i know his defense will be:", it was a pic taken of the same crop, only at different times" but that's not true. It's a picture that has been digitally tampered with to make it look more attractive or to make it look different from the other image.

McMan, apparantly a lot of people don't find it disturbing, well i do. And what i find even more disturbing is that you now blatanly lie about it. If you say something you should stick with that. People are praising you for the fact that you admit what you did, but i find it really sad that you, in again a very well spoken manner, lied about the manipulation of those images.

Really, i've lost all respect you :-(

Una

Visit MUSHMUSH
info@mushmush.nl

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

Offlinehongus
somebody
    #406512 - 09/27/01 04:59 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

well this is the one i had...
http://shroomery.org/wwwthreads/files/25222-manipulationfinal.gif

plus a little tweaking here and there.

--------------------

InvisibleUna
controlleddemolition

#406517 - 09/27/01 05:03 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

hongus, here's your pic

Visit MUSHMUSH
info@mushmush.nl

--------------------
www.911blogger.com

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #406518 - 09/27/01 05:03 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Very interesting.....

Edited by Anno on 09/27/01 06:05 PM.

Invisiblethedm9
    #406559 - 09/27/01 05:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

This has to be the height of pettiness. Some people have waaaaaaaay to much free time on their hands to create nitpicking bicker.

After having ordered many syringes from Ralph I can say
confidently that your adverage customer (I freely admit to being ignorant here) would pay little attention to those tiny photos.

If the received product wasn't what was advetised I'd have issue with that but I haven't seen that explained as being the case.

Really pathetic jealously is the only thing I can possibly attribute this too.

I have lurked around these boards for months watching McMan & Ralph helping the community here (and selfishly ME) out tremendously and they are reaping the benefits.

This seems to really be winding some people's clock that a buck or two might be going into someone elses pocket.

Edited by thedm9 on 09/27/01 06:45 PM.

Offlinehongus
somebody
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: thedm9]
    #406570 - 09/27/01 05:52 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

ummmmm.......

--------------------

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: hongus]
    #406589 - 09/27/01 06:17 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinepkeffect

Loc: somewhere above the cloud...
    #406600 - 09/27/01 06:25 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

I can't say anything but "What a bunch of shit" Seems to me like the owners of a business would not bring things like this to the "Soap Opera" that seems to be starting here. I think it is a sad day for past, present and future potential customers to see all the bickering going on here.

I have been watching these threads for quite some time like I do at every site before I decide to join it. As a matter of fact I wasn't even planning on joining here but figured I should just to be an asshole and put in my .02 since everyone else was.

thedm9, I was wondering who was fucking or sucking who in all of this maybe you can help a poor ignorant traveler out, you seem to have a sense of what "IS" going on here even though you state " (I freely admit to being ignorant here) ".

Una, I applaud you for you post. I think that manipulating anything for a supposedly legitamite buisness is total bullshit. If you don't have a pic then don't post one, it's that simple. Why stoop down to false practices in order to promote something that you are supposedly confident in.

That's just poor business ethics, and so is all the finger pointing and flaming. I suspect that alot more shit will come out before this is all said and done and I will be here to watch it all and laugh when the liars and puppets in the play fall.

So, now that I have that out of the way I would like to say "HELLO" to everyone here at the Shroomery. I feel like I know so many of you already but hell I don't think half of you know who you are anymore...LOL...

I'll be watching...waiting...laughing...and smacking myself in the face if I was out of line, but I know I wasn't so my face is safe. For now.

Trying to make something from nothing by way of osmosis....

Life is like...well...you know...

--------------------
Life is like...well...you know...

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #406655 - 09/27/01 06:56 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

>For some of the pics, the front tray was elevated with some
>magazines to make for a better pic. I manipulated the camera
>and the trays, but not the photos!
McMan, every time you open your mouth(or at least use the keyboard) a lie comes out.

There is something called perspective. You should know this as an webdesigner.
If you make a photo from an object, and the object or the camera changes the position (in your case the camera would have to stand still, as you said, there should be no doubt about the camera standing still, since the tray in the behind doesn?t change) this object in the front would be to a different angle to the camera.
Let me show this on an example:
between these 2 pictures the tray was moved slightly , and look what happens to the way the mushrooms look:

Do you notice any difference? Probably, because there IS a difference because this WERE 2 photos, not 1 manipulated like at the picture you designed.

It?s not about this one picture,McMan, it?s about being honest.
Being honest to the OMC, to your other customers and lastly to yourself.
Try to understand this.

-------------------
Visit www.fungifun.org formerly kickme.to/mushrooms

Be very, very careful what you put into that head,
because you will never, ever get it out.

Thomas Cardinal Wolsey (1471-1530)

Invisiblethedm9
Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: pkeffect]
    #406685 - 09/27/01 07:07 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Well basically it seems like the boards have turned into a big childhood playground where the vendors have pissing contests the like to make US politics up on capitol hill look like the disney channel.

It looks like we both probably picked a bad time to introduce ourselves to this community. I guess some people are just really unhappy with their lives.... So much so that their only source of pleasure is manning the keyboard looking for any little attempt to tear other people down.

As far as "being ignorant".. I didn't mean to imply that I didn't understand what was going on here... it's quite obvious to me. I meant that I would never have noticed the tiny photo details being nit-picked about in this thread, and I don't think your adverage customer would either. It's the finished product that I expect quality from, not some tiny graphics.

Edited by thedm9 on 09/27/01 08:35 PM.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#406693 - 09/27/01 07:13 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

The boards, other than this thread and maybe one or two others this community is its normal self.

Please don't let just one thread or something in the minority determine the whole place...

Anonymous

#406713 - 09/27/01 07:33 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

As excited and serious as this thread has become, we should change the name to uhh, thaa, ehhh," World of Shrooms Life and Death Thread". Heheh. Friiiiiip. Gotta go roll me a phatty.

Leaf

Anonymous

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Anno]
    #406716 - 09/27/01 07:35 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Anno

I'd say you have to work more on the position of your fill flash.

Leaf

Anonymous

#406722 - 09/27/01 07:39 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

When you look at all the sporelab bashing these two have contributed, including cutting down pics I took of new strains, then its only fair they take some heat.

At least my pics were the real thing, not doctored up fakes.

This whole thing is just another example of the sleazy business practices I have seen these two exhibit the past few months, from extreme spamming to extreme trolling.

That was very observant of you Una and you did the right thing by exposing these fakers!

Thats my 2 cents and you can take it to the bank.

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#406737 - 09/27/01 07:53 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #406765 - 09/27/01 08:15 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: ]
    #406775 - 09/27/01 08:18 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleMcMan
Pooh-Bah
Post deleted by users_request [Re: McMan]
    #406784 - 09/27/01 08:24 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineTryp'er
journeyman
    #406847 - 09/27/01 08:57 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

www.mushroom-mycology-shop.cjb.net

Perhaps more time should be spent on this, wich is missleading.

psiloweb
http://www.psiloweb.com

--------------------
Are you killing time or is time killing you?

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

Re: McMan and Ralph and Myco-Tek [Re: Tryp'er]
    #406985 - 09/27/01 10:32 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

OK everybody.

Get your last words in.

Cause I think this shit has run its course.

And I've got an itchy trigger finger.

http://www.captainjackmusic.com

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#407002 - 09/27/01 10:47 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

My thoughts. I saw this as a post not exposing you as some crook, but as someone who had a misleading picture. That did bother some and they have the right to say something.

You may disagree with them that its important, but they should not be labeled as enemies and bad guys for having felt the need to have this brought to our attention.

Ralph, I know your a good guy, but I do see workman's point for getting upset at the Mexicana post. Even workman who's always been keeping out of any of these kinds of debates has a right to speak his mind, his points were valid and it shouldn't piss you guys off so much that he spoke out.

Not everyone is going to love everything you do, its a fact of life that there will always be disagreements. What concerns me is how something I saw as not an attack on myco-tek turns into a war of sorts, why can't we discuss this like rational adults.

I feel honestly that mis-representation is bad, Una and others feel you doctored photos to make the strain look better, that is a bad thing. You deny it, but yet they make a compelling point with those pictures, the silent ones who view this thread probably share that opinion, pictures don't lie (or maybe they do).

All I'm saying is that as soon as someone posts anything close to criticism this turns to 'digging trenches', 'drawing lines in the sand' type thinking. McMan if you did doctor those pictures, why not just admit it, I don't think anyone will hold it against you, you have afterall contributed some really amazing things.

This is business boys, I'm a business major, I started my own business, and guess what its not always easy... What a good business person does is be open to criticism, open to suggestions, open to discussion. You can't take it all so personally, try not to assume that this is some plot against you or that there is alterior motives (jealousy)... I mean its kind of unfair to assume you know all these people and that you can make such a bold statement as to this being jealousy.

In reply to:

It's nice to know that we have you guys so concerned about our business. It's a good sign that we are becoming competitve in the market. I will take this as a compliment. And please, feel free to scour our site for errors if it makes your thingy stiff. Whatever turns you on! And be sure to run back here and report it for another episode of spore vending malpractice! However, next time you should find something a little bigger to expose, if you intend to flush us out of business. I don't think that this incident is enough to make a difference, however, I am certain that this was your motive! Nice try!

Is this how to react as a professional to someones criticisms? I never knew you read peoples minds. I know pretty well how mushmush and sporeworks are doing, and they aren't threatened by you, why should they be... Do you see them attacking each other, do you see Ryche and all the vendors fighting between each other?? I think you took an issue of mis-representation and turned it into a war, I know Una and psilocyber pretty well and I know both those guys a nice guys who take their hobby very seriously..... Have you ever considered that they felt that 'doctored' picture was insulting to them as business men and top notch cultivators and of course mis-leading to potential customers?

I know it sounds strange, but you can't always be right mcman, even though I'm sure you'll point out the flaws to all my points.

OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
    #407009 - 09/27/01 10:54 PM (22 years, 6 months ago)

' safe to say that most of us like him.... he just made a stupid mistake. We should end this thread soon.

>>Jammer>>

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

#407136 - 09/28/01 12:52 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Fuck you rolf. You and mcamans sleazy business tactics are finally coming to light. I seen all long ago. Your contimued trolliing at forestfloor is the final nail in your coffin.

You both deserve all the heat you take.

OfflineYoschie99
nomad
Male

Loc: center of earth
    #407174 - 09/28/01 01:39 AM (22 years, 6 months ago)

Ok... this thread has certainly run it's course.... and it will be closed after I make this statement.

Neither side is going to convince the other that this was right or wrong to do. On the same note... neither side is going to really sway each others business. You have both spoken your cases and it will be up to the customers themselves to decide. You've made good points and I really can't say that anyone is wrong... you are just coming from different points of view.
So please.. drop this issue here.. drop it in private... it's really not a big deal. If it continues to be an issue on the boards... well... you know what happens from there...

so let it go...

thanks..

if you really have some huuuuuuge thing to discuss here.. PM me I guess...

yos

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale