Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I think I developed allergies for the first time ever.
    #12572280 -

and I Am 23.

  This sucks.


Alas, I picked up an herbal complex that should work decently.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #12572307 -

I hate being allergic to cats, I like the little critters.


--------------------
             :crazykitty:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: ninja cat 09]
    #12572320 -

fortunately I have not developed that yet.  I love the little critters too.


Can I has foodses????



--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #12572326 -

hahaha aweee :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #12572341 -

seek out honey that's produced locally

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #12572345 -

I didn't develop allergies till a couple years after I had moved to the South. I was about 23, and since then it has mostly gotten worse. This year was the worst I have ever felt, serious zombie status. I take Loratadine (generic Claritin), but there are times when that doesn't even work. I may go to a real doctor next year, which is something I haven't done in a decade, so that may relate how serious my allergies are.
Anyway, I empathize. All the hippies say "local honey", but I'm not allergic to the pollen the bees are collecting, I'm allergic to other pollens. Just remember that it's a sign of a healthy immune system attacking the 'invading' pollen. :smile:


--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: ToolTroll]
    #12572349 -

...and by hippies I mean Pris

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12572353 -

Prisoner#1 said:
seek out honey that's produced locally



I have been told by many to do this, I Shall seek it out. thanks.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Sit up and meditate, there's no time to contemplate.
-------------------------------------------------
I have an international Hitech Psytrance project with a friend: BioChronic
I make various form of Psytrance as a solo Project Dendriform

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Psy Baba]
    #12572401 -

When I was 16-19 or so I had TERRIBLE allergies. I mean, to the point that I would get nose bleeds during the bad times in the spring. They stopped bothering me so much after a few years and now (26) I don't even take any allergy medicine except for over the counter stuff a handful of times a year when my eyes start getting itchy and my nose runny.
that being said, cats still bother me, but not all the time. and only like 1/4 of the cats I meet. my one friend has 6 cats and his place doesn't bother me, my other friend has 1 and his does so.....


--------------------
Semi-Official Shroomery Fantasy Hockey 2010 League
"I just solved world peace! Everybody just needs to take a piss!"
Ythan said: nismo2491 won the ban lotto for the week of May 09, 2010
Shroomery - #1 Distraction from Studying

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: ToolTroll]
    #12572504 -

ToolTroll said:
Anyway, I empathize. All the hippies say "local honey", but I'm not allergic to the pollen the bees are collecting, I'm allergic to other pollens. Just remember that it's a sign of a healthy immune system attacking the 'invading' pollen. :smile:




no one is claiming it will cure all your STDs, it's not really any
different than seeking an allergy specialist where they'll begin a
series of tests to eliminate possibilities, now you can start by seeing
a doctor and spending thousands of dollars to maybe figure out what
alergens are affecting you or you can eliminate a possibility for about $6

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12572568 -

Prisoner#1 said:
seek out honey that's produced locally



I developed a pollen allergy at 21 and so far it has got significantly worse every year. Last year i was 23 and was super wheezy, with runny red eyes and sneezing constantly for a month+ in the late spring/early summer. It was so bad, at times i couldn't sleep.

The local honey/pollen will help.

I also tried "quercetin" at the advice of the health food store, and noticed no benefit.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I think I developed allergies for the first time ever. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12576167 -

Yeah, I understand. I'm already an advocate for local honey, because I love the stuff, and I flex my locavore muscles when I can. So I've been eating it for a few years, but I really need an allergen specialist. I've seen the microscopic pictures of the different types of pollen, and they all look like freakin' medieval weapons or torture devices. Anyway, at least I'm not allergic to peanuts, cuz I love me some pbj sammiches...


--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* i think i might be allergic to my kitten!!! vade 1,115 13 03/04/07 12:15 PM
by trendal
* I'm allergic... Pirate_Patrick 2,214 17 02/07/06 04:46 PM
by SoulSuuckinJERK
* Allergic to cats and dogs LthirdSeyeD 1,177 8 08/18/10 06:26 PM
by wakenbake
* possibly allergic to seafood? wrestler_az 1,598 15 10/24/04 02:42 PM
by kronnyQ
* Allergies blow! trendalM 1,768 15 07/04/05 05:32 PM
by trendal
* ALLERGIES SerioOria 1,248 13 08/13/05 03:08 PM
by Shroomism
* How do you treat your allergies? Need Help!
( 1 2 all )
jazzillion 4,689 31 06/24/08 08:54 PM
by FunGuyFan
* Anyone else having shittastic allergy problems right now?
( 1 2 all )
Gumby 4,115 34 08/18/08 07:53 PM
by adamgnome

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
592 topic views. 6 members, 10 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.