Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Outdoor Tek
    #1246988 - 01/24/03 11:26 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Starting this post I would like to get someone to do a detailed outdoor growersguide, cause I dont recon Moe?s is precise enough. (And Im not the only one)
Im planning to start a few beds in this Spring. I live in Geneva, Switzerland, and wanted to use Mycobags as a spawn for the beds. As Strains Im planning on Tazmanian and Pink Buffalo KS.
My question now are:
1.) How much substrate do I need for one square meter of patch? (My Mycobags are goona be from Mycomania an weigh 0.85kg each)

2.)Let?s say it doesn`t rain, how frequently should I water? and in what amount?

3.)Ive only once cultivated shrooms indoors , and so Im not that familiar with it. Would you say that outdoor shrooming is any more "difficult"?(Stupid word , but you know what I mean)

4.) Maybe someone could even give me his recipie on his patch and the quantities f hey and dung he/she uses.

5.)When should I start innocculating or making the patch in Geneva? - April of May, right??

Geneva Averages:
Monat [mm] [? C]
Jan 64 0.2
Feb 60 1.1
Mar 69 4.9
Apr 64 8.7
May 68 13.1
Jun 82 16.6
Jul 75 18.4
Aug 100 17.6
Thanks in advance!
Jazz

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
Re: Outdoor Tek [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1247046 - 01/25/03 01:13 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Check out Moe's Outdoor Tek it should answer most of your questions. Personally, I find outdoor growing to be easier than indoor. Less chance for contams. Hope this helps.

-Grimey

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Outdoor Tek [Re: frank_grimes]
    #1247068 - 01/25/03 01:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

um, he was asking for information that the tek doesn't provide. he specified that. sorry for the info-less post, I can't help you.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1247112 - 01/25/03 02:47 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OK, so like Linuxdebian said, I need infos that are not provided in the faq, but thanks anyway for stating it to be less difficult than indoors.

--------------------

Offlinefrank_grimes
Warrior of Corporate Bullshit
 User Gallery

Loc: Springfield, USA
    #1247162 - 01/25/03 03:28 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I thought it was a very helpful response, and I wish to present the following:

Quote:

1.) How much substrate do I need for one square meter of patch? (My Mycobags are goona be from Mycomania an weigh 0.85kg each)

From Moe

Quote:

1. dig a hole about 6 inches deep. It can be as wide as you want if you have a shitload of cakes to bury or just want a big patch. 2. if you have MORE THAN ONE CAKE crumble one and toss in the newly dug hole. If you have one cake, break it in half and crumble a half in the hole. (remember, the MORE spawn the BETTER have more than one cake ).

Just work out what you have in your mycobag into rough half pints and work off that.

Quote:

2.)Let?s say it doesn`t rain, how frequently should I water? and in what amount?

From Moe

Quote:

How much and when do I water?

A: live in arizona or Seattle? work with your forcast. If rain is forcasted ..DUH??? dont water! If your in the desert.. get ready to be creative and figure out how to get water to your patch.

This seems like a straight up answer. To expand on what Moe wrote, I like my patch to stay moist, not a sloppy mess. There are many variables in determining how much water an outdoor patch is going to need. You should check it at least once a day for moisture content. If it looks dry, give it some water, if it looks moist, let it go until the next time you check it.

Quote:

3.)Ive only once cultivated shrooms indoors , and so Im not that familiar with it. Would you say that outdoor shrooming is any more "difficult"?(Stupid word , but you know what I mean)

From me

Quote:

Personally, I find outdoor growing to be easier than indoor. Less chance for contams.

There is no debate on this one.

Quote:

4.) Maybe someone could even give me his recipie on his patch and the quantities f hey and dung he/she uses.

From Moe

Quote:

Moe's Outdoor Growing Tek

Things needed:

Temps: DO RESEARCH ON THE TYPE OF MUSHROOM YOU WANT TO GROW.
(regular cubies: 60-100 degs works well)

Strength: better get ready to some muscle work.

Water: a hose or someway to get the freakin water to the outdoor patch

Manure: any kind will do. I get the cheap bag from walmart. Regular manure, nothing fancy if you can get it fresh.. yaay.

Hay.. soaked for 24hours: regular HAY. Nothing fancy, nothing special. Any kind of hay. Wheat, grass, whatever.. freaking HAY

okay?...

A shady spot... near a tree or where there is ....SHADE. nothing special if light gets to it part of the day.. it's ok.

A shovel for digging

A rake for raking

A rubermaid tub or a trashcan to soak the hay in.

A a brick to put on top of the hay when you soak it.. (duh, hay floats)

Some colonized cakes( fresh ones works best...spent one can be used and should never be put in the trash). Substrate doesnt matter.. cakes are damn cakes! this will be the spawn for the patch.

Directions:

1. dig a hole about 6 inches deep. It can be as wide as you want if you have a shitload of cakes to bury or just want a big patch.

2. if you have MORE THAN ONE CAKE crumble one and toss in the newly dug hole. If you have one cake, break it in half and crumble a half in the hole. (remember, the MORE spawn the BETTER have more than one cake ).

3. Take some of the soaked hay right from the soaking container and cover the crumbled cakes. Pack it in there..

4. Take the manure and make a layer over the hay. cover it all and not too deep about an inch.

5. Place some more hay on the dookie you just laid down about an inch.

6. Place cakes on the hay you just laid. This is the important step. For fast fruits, it's good to have a shitload of spawn near the surface of the earth so that it can just "pickup where it left off" and start consuming the new nutrients and fruit.

7. Place hay on the cakes... not too much! dont drown the cakes in hay in this step. Get the cakes covered and let some of the cakes show thru the hay.

8. Do a dookie, hay and earth mix on the ground. The ratio? Not too much shit and not too much dirt. The hay doesnt matter, just mix it.. Use the shoveled dirt and mix all 3 up reeeeel guuuud.

9. Rake the mixture over the hay you just laid. Dont cover more than 2 inches it's okay if the patch bulges above the ground.

10. cover with a thin layer of hay and water but dont drown it unless you live in arizona.

"Maybe someone could even give me his recipie on his patch and the quantities f hey and dung he/she uses" Enough said.

Quote:

5.)When should I start innocculating or making the patch in Geneva? - April of May, right??

Geneva Averages:
Monat [mm] [? C]
Jan 64 0.2
Feb 60 1.1
Mar 69 4.9
Apr 64 8.7
May 68 13.1
Jun 82 16.6
Jul 75 18.4
Aug 100 17.6

From Moe

Quote:

Temps: DO RESEARCH ON THE TYPE OF MUSHROOM YOU WANT TO GROW.
(regular cubies: 60-100 degs works well)

Once again, it speaks for itself.

I don't want to start an argument, I'm just defending my post. You asked for some advice/help, and I provided what I thought was helpful.

-Grimey

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1247173 - 01/25/03 03:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

not trying to start anything. really. i think you just stomped a mudhole in Jazzmatazz, not me. I have read the tek but have not studied it as outdoor growing wouldn't be an option for me at this time. based on Jazz's 1st post he was very much insinuating that he had, in fact, read the tek and it did not offer the answers to his question. I would have never posted (considering my lack of outdoor knowledge) had I not just seen a your response which seemed rather off-the cuff as if you had not payed enough attention to the 1st post (again my fault for not knowing the tek in question). I would not have been confused if you had stated that this person obviously had not read this tek (maybe tell hem to RE-read it). So to mr Grimes: I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. to Jazz: RTFtek!! (/me slinks away to read the tek since spring is on it's way)

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Outdoor Tek [Re: debianlinux]
    #1247273 - 01/25/03 04:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

RTFtek!! (/me slinks away to read the tek since spring is on it's way)

I did RTF tek...
But thanks for your answers guys!

--------------------

OfflineX.O
Fucktard
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1247353 - 01/25/03 05:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
I'm a huge idiot

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Re: Outdoor Tek [Re: X.O]
    #1247901 - 01/25/03 11:03 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thankyou for your answer.
Im feeling heaps better now , and think Ill get a few beds running in the spring!

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1247942 - 01/25/03 11:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

hey JazzMatazz,

good luck with the outdoor grow. the message i'm getting is that us noobs worry too much about detail, because we have to.

when we teach kids maths, they learn 1+1=2 and then 4squared=16 and finally ...%*1.35pi(?)... whatever the fuck... in the end they'll need it just to buy a packet of ?3.78 cigs for a fiver, and know they're not being shortchanged. but if we taught them "go into the shop. pay the money. check the change" they'd fuck up. unless they skipped school and bought cigs from the same shop for 3 months.... They'd learn pretty good in the end...

expert growers can cut corners, because they know what mistakes to avoid, and what variances to allow. with most teks, newbs following S.O.P.s will do fine. Probably, because the outdoors is forgiving (Ma N is in control) the outdoor tek will work well.

:grin:shirl
xx

P.S.  very nicely high now on newly purloined pleasant darkish green aromatic herb 

--------------------
buh

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
Re: Outdoor Tek [Re: shirley knott]
    #1248053 - 01/25/03 12:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thats great, somebody has been needin to say that for awhile.

Im gonna make a outdoor patch like moe said, only im gonna make a raised bed with a tire instead of digging a hole (im lazy fuck a shovel)

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

OfflineViking
"I've beenworking on myrr..rou..routine!"

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Outdoor Tek [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1248252 - 01/25/03 01:35 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm new to this, but it would seem logical to me that you could simply put spores in contact with a suitable substrate (outdoors of course) to induce mycelium development. Wild cubies don't have half pint jars or sterilzed BRF to reproduce with...they spray their spores. Would this work?

Viking

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: Outdoor Tek [Re: Viking]
    #1248283 - 01/25/03 01:45 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Well in the wild that's how it works. But by creating spawn indoors you have a high success and colonization rate compared to doing it that way. That's why its done i'd imagine. It insures a better success rate, and if it does succeed, faster colonization of the patch that doing it that way.
Good day!  :smile:

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

#1249886 - 01/26/03 08:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

@shirley: Nicley put! I fully agree!
@Moe: Thanks! Ill try 1 liter of spawn for a square meter of patch. What do ya think?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags