Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything]
    #12458551 -

Quote:
so to the people who are so pissed off at the "scumbag" piece of shit theives on the shroomery: piss off.



I'm pissed off at how they try to justify their actions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: psylox]
    #12458554 -

psylox said:
im not projecting.
because in order to project you have to first be in denial




no, you dont have to be in denial to project your persona onto others, you
simply want to believe that everyone would be like yourself as you stated
'given the right circumstances'

if everyone was like that, why would this woman have returned the
$97,000 she found in a public restroom
http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=95806&catid=81

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #12458555 -

All depends if it is an Australian company or not. Stealing from a non Australian company/large corporation i couldn't care less about, IF it's for the reason of not being able to afford something needed, for instance if a homeless person stole from Woolworths, like a loaf of bread or something. I'd probably think 'good on ya'. But if someone stole from one of my local shops, that is run totally by someone living by me, just trying to get by I would be quite mad.

But then again i don't like the idea of money at all. I fucking hate money.


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #12458556 -

Prisoner#1 said:
psylox said:
im not projecting.
because in order to project you have to first be in denial




no, you dont have to be in denial to project your persona onto others, you
simply want to believe that everyone would be like yourself as you stated
'given the right circumstances'

if everyone was like that, why would this woman have returned the
$97,000 she found in a public restroom
http://www.wtsp.com/news/national/story.aspx?storyid=95806&catid=81



Maybe it was $100,000 before and she did the sneaky and took $3000. You never know.


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 2
    #12458558 -

It is defensible because of the highly questionable business practices of Wal-Mart. IE: outsourcing slavery.

They are winning over the mom and pops because they aren't playing the market fairly, yes legally, but morally? hell no.

Thus even if you are breaking a law, when they are not, it is still just. They hire un-entitled peoples of another country at slave wages to monopolize essentially all basic goods, purposely shutting all competitors out of the competition. I would say it is fairly morally just to steal from wal-mart. If anything, to balance out the monopolization and to take back what they have taken from others.

However, I personally do not steal from wal-mart because of the high risk versus small reward, otherwize, down with the system, I would rob them everyday If i knew I could get away with it.

Fuck capitalism.


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Annom]
    #12458562 -

i didnt need the extra money i stole thats for sure.
and i dont get off on risking my life in prison.

but like i said im a fucked up human in a fucked up world and i dont subcribe myself to most societal morals and values.


and prisoner1 please go look up the psychological definition of projection. and youll find that you dont know what your talking about.. unless your using some other definition of the word, in which case you have me lost.
i am not projecting my persona i am merely suggesting something.
you dont have to believe it but you shouldnt feel the  need to belittle it just because so


--------------------
..............is all your life will ever be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything]
    #12458566 -

AntiEverything said:
Prisoner#1 said:
psylox said:
i also think that everyone would steal; given the right circumstances...



I think you're projecting, not everyone is a thieving crook



So then, may I ask, do you claim to never steal things?

Do you claim to have never stolen anything in your life?

I'm not even talking about from corporations, this could be ANYTHING, however miniscule or small. From eating someone's hoagie they were saving in the fridge, to swiping a beer at a party that you weren't invited to.




if there is something I want, I ask for it or wait until it is offered,
I teach my children as I was taught, just because you see something
doesnt mean it's yours for the taking, that 'found' object that may have
just been left unattended for a moment belongs to someone else, make a
reasonable effort to locate the owner and return it, I view it as
stealing otherwise

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything] * 3
    #12458570 -

AntiEverything said:
It is defensible because of the highly questionable business practices of Wal-Mart. IE: outsourcing slavery.

They are winning over the mom and pops because they aren't playing the market fairly, yes legally, but morally? hell no.

Thus even if you are breaking a law, when they are not, it is still just. They hire un-entitled peoples of another country at slave wages to monopolize essentially all basic goods, purposely shutting all competitors out of the competition. I would say it is fairly morally just to steal from wal-mart. If anything, to balance out the monopolization and to take back what they have taken from others.

However, I personally do not steal from wal-mart because of the high risk versus small reward, otherwize, down with the system, I would rob them everyday If i knew I could get away with it.

Fuck capitalism.



Again :thumbup:


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: psylox] * 3
    #12458579 -

Wal Mart is Greedy as fuck. Because their greed has made them so big and ubiquitous, doesn't bother me in the slightest that people steal from them. When they let their employees unionize, I'll change sides. As long as they destroy society with evil business practices, fuck them.

I say don't stop at stealing, firebomb the fuckers(just don't hurt anyone).


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #12458586 -

Prisoner#1 said:
AntiEverything said:
Prisoner#1 said:
psylox said:
i also think that everyone would steal; given the right circumstances...



I think you're projecting, not everyone is a thieving crook



So then, may I ask, do you claim to never steal things?

Do you claim to have never stolen anything in your life?

I'm not even talking about from corporations, this could be ANYTHING, however miniscule or small. From eating someone's hoagie they were saving in the fridge, to swiping a beer at a party that you weren't invited to.




if there is something I want, I ask for it or wait until it is offered,
I teach my children as I was taught, just because you see something
doesnt mean it's yours for the taking, that 'found' object that may have
just been left unattended for a moment belongs to someone else, make a
reasonable effort to locate the owner and return it, I view it as
stealing otherwise



I admire your self control. Again, I admit that there are probably a lot of people that do not steal, nor cheat, nor lie.


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: psylox] * 1
    #12458595 -

psylox said:
and prisoner1 please go look up the psychological definition of projection.



there is no set in stone definition for anything in psychology but no where
in this definition does it mention denial

Quote:
Projection: Projection is one of the defense mechanisms identified by Freud and still acknowledged today. According to Freud, projection is when someone is threatened by or afraid of their own impulses so they attribute these impulses to someone else. For example, a person in psychoanalysis may insist to the therapist that he knows the therapist wants to rape some women, when in fact the client has these awful feelings to rape the woman.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything] * 2
    #12458598 -

Your not stealing to survive, or feed hungry kids. Your stealing because you think the world owes you something. The world doesn't owe you jack shit, and the fucked up part is that you try to justify stealing from a legitimate business that worked hard to get where it is because you can't see past thinking that you deserve it for doing nothing at all. Your not special, work for what you get like everyone else and stop trying to justify being so self centered. If you steal you are telling the world that you think you will just take what you want and not work hard for it. Your a child demanding more but unwilling to work for what you want. It's really pathetic.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot] * 1
    #12458608 -

CaelaHarlot said:
AntiEverything said:
Fuck capitalism.



Again :thumbup:




it's because of capitalism that you have the ability to shoplift from
these stores, it's also the reason you have the clothes on your back
and the ability to post on this message board

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything] * 3
    #12458609 -

1.) i hope that isn't in response to me, if it is, you clearly are not understanding anything that I have said.

2.) my point is that wal mart did not "work hard" to get where they are. they outsourced their labor to far less entitled people of other countries for literally slave wadges, entrenching these people in an endless cycle of poverty.

3.) it's not that I think the world owes me something, its that I think wal mart itself, owes the world something. get it?


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything] * 1
    #12458612 -

i agree also.
but like i said.. given the right circumstances.
like the old proverb goes...
your mom and brother are on their death beds with a new disease that only walmart has the cure and you dont have the money to buy it.
how far will you go to save the lives of the ones you love? the only chance at their survival is you taking the drugs from wal mart.
would you sit and watch them die or would you steal and save a life?



oh and pris yes there is  no set in stone definition for anything in this world. and the definiton of projection in my college textbook says otherwise :tongue2:
however....
i would like you to answer the proverb above and plz dont give me the projection bullshit.
i am trying to get people to think on a philosophical level


--------------------
..............is all your life will ever be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot] * 2
    #12458613 -

CaelaHarlot said:
AntiEverything said:
It is defensible because of the highly questionable business practices of Wal-Mart. IE: outsourcing slavery.

They are winning over the mom and pops because they aren't playing the market fairly, yes legally, but morally? hell no.

Thus even if you are breaking a law, when they are not, it is still just. They hire un-entitled peoples of another country at slave wages to monopolize essentially all basic goods, purposely shutting all competitors out of the competition. I would say it is fairly morally just to steal from wal-mart. If anything, to balance out the monopolization and to take back what they have taken from others.

However, I personally do not steal from wal-mart because of the high risk versus small reward, otherwize, down with the system, I would rob them everyday If i knew I could get away with it.

Fuck capitalism.



Again :thumbup:



:thumbup:

It's amazing how many here are in WAL MART's defense. Makes me :facepalm:.....especially since this is the fucking shroomery. We really are living in a corporate slave state when the majority of (working class or middle class) people actually feel indignation over this. GTFO

You are not hurting Wal Mart and you aren't hurting other consumers either. I think some petty theft is insignificant compared to Wal Mart's immorality.


--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything] * 2
    #12458625 -

So committing a crime squares it up then? Your free to do it because you are taking the moral high ground and teaching them a lesson? LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously? You think stealing is noble then? Can you justify stealing from drug dealers because they are selling illegal product? Go try that one Mr. Nobility.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: AntiEverything] * 1
    #12458631 -

AntiEverything said:
2.) my point is that wal mart did not "work hard" to get where they are. they outsourced their labor to far less entitled people of other countries for literally slave wadges, entrenching these people in an endless cycle of poverty.




what's a slave wage in Malasia, what's a standard wage in Malasia

you're repeating rhetoric based on the guilt of the bleeding hearts,
walmart is just a company, there's nothing inherently evil about them,
what's evil is the fact that the world has a desire to posses crappy
products made in 3rd world countries by people that choose to work for
those companies and then decide to make up some bullshit about how all
companies are evil because they exploit the workers and keep the world
in poverty... I feel no shame for providing those people some kind of
income, an income they wouldnt have without my purchases, they'd still
be living in mud huts in the jungles, killing rats for food without walmart

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Kada] * 2
    #12458634 -

Kada said:
So committing a crime squares it up then? Your free to do it because you are taking the moral high ground and teaching them a lesson? LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously? You think stealing is noble then? Can you justify stealing from drug dealers because they are selling illegal product? Go try that one Mr. Nobility.



There is a difference between ILLEGALITY and IMMORALITY. I would never steal from a drug dealer (even if I had the balls) because they are a human being like me, not a faceless and immoral corporation.

This argument is nonsense


--------------------
Life without drugs lacks substance(s).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Kada]
    #12458638 -

Kada said:
So committing a crime squares it up then? Your free to do it because you are taking the moral high ground and teaching them a lesson? LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously? You think stealing is noble then? Can you justify stealing from drug dealers because they are selling illegal product? Go try that one Mr. Nobility.




the way I see it, he's responsible for the poverty of those people in
3rd world countries, if he were not stealing maybe they could live like
kings from the revenue they might otherwise have had

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wal-Mart kicks ass!
( 1 2 all )
13eetleJuice 4,073 24 11/06/04 06:25 AM
by butterflydawn
* fuck retail *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
ricochet 4,025 26 01/10/05 10:41 PM
by DNKYD
* Asylum seeker steals mushroom patch Bi0TeK 1,021 9 08/31/04 09:34 AM
by Phishgrrl
* The Shroomery Store
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 5,630 38 04/26/04 08:42 AM
by joe666
* Why not to smoke cigs inside a fireworks store *vid* baraka 2,118 19 07/23/16 10:26 AM
by Shroomopotamus
* Documentary: The Corporation. Run, don't walk! Phishgrrl 677 6 11/05/04 12:21 PM
by Jim
* TV is going to steal our lives! Jim 2,355 19 09/30/04 12:09 AM
by Skikid16
* Melting Steal your Face logo? Madtowntripper 2,624 16 05/05/04 08:51 AM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
17,420 topic views. 1 members, 18 guests and 221 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.