Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: Kada]
    #12458468 -

I could do without drugs and internet if I really needed to buy food, it's obvious where priorities are for some people

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12458469 -

Prisoner#1 said:
I could do without drugs and internet if I really needed to buy food



internet > food

I do drugs 24/7 anyway


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: shroommachine]
    #12458472 -

Quote:
Yeah, if nobody had ever stolen anything, prices might be lower by a quarter of a percentage or so, but life is not a fairy tale, so please stop expecting people to act like it is.



Lets take a different perspective, what if everyone steals?

Would you allow everyone to steal from Wallmart? If you don't, you should also not steal. The world does not rotate around you. You are not more special than anyone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Annom]
    #12458477 -

We don't even have Wal-mart here...


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Annom] * 1
    #12458481 -

Annom said:
You are not more special than anyone.



Actually I am.
But I am not a thief :crankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: koppie]
    #12458483 -

Prisoner#1 said:
badman said:
Id burgle them senseless if there was a wall mart here.




who do you think owns ASDA


better get busy before your jail cell gets too cold



Yeh I know, but Asdas a mission away. I wouldnt go out the way

I should have said Id burgle them senseless if wall mart was my local shopping hole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot]
    #12458488 -

CaelaHarlot said:
We don't even have Wal-mart here...




sure you do, there's even a bunch of walmarts in china

you may know them under their other name


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12458495 -

Really woah. From what i've heard i thought Wal-Mart sold a reallly wide variety of stuff though. Woolworths pretty much just sells food like any other grocery store.


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: badman]
    #12458501 -

i used to steal watches from wally and pawn them for easy cash.
i did it for the quick buck and because it was so easy. and maybe becasue im a selfish dispicable human with no sense of societal laws and values.

i also think that everyone would steal; given the right circumstances...


--------------------
..............is all your life will ever be

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot]
    #12458507 -

walmart is a very diverse company, holding all over the world and having many faces... set your eyes to the future of Australia


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Annom] * 2
    #12458508 -

Annom said:
Would you allow everyone to steal from Wallmart? If you don't, you should also not steal. The world does not rotate around you. You are not more special than anyone.



Again, I don't steal. Haven't stolen ANYTHING since I was 15. Not because I think it's wrong to steal from the likes of Wal Mart, I'm just a pussy.

If everyone stole from Wal Mart, No wouldn't bother me. If everyone started stealing from all the giant corporations it would be good. The Wal Marts of the world would go out of business and small bsiness would flourish. Also, there would be more diversity of products. Not everything would be mass produced crap. Also, without the market being dominated by the giants, the little guy would have much more opportunity to introduce products into the marketplace.


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: psylox]
    #12458509 -

Damn straight, who doesn't wish they could transport into a bank, take a million or so dollars and transport out without getting caught.


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #12458514 -

Prisoner#1 said:
walmart is a very diverse company, holding all over the world and having many faces... set your eyes to the future of Australia





Them becoming an even bigger corporation and taking business from the other companies here, grocery stores etc. Would probably make me care even less about theft.


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: psylox]
    #12458515 -

psylox said:
i also think that everyone would steal; given the right circumstances...



I think you're projecting, not everyone is a thieving crook

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: psylox] * 3
    #12458520 -

theft is very easy to justify.

if something gets stolen from you, you steal it back. justice is served.

that being said, stealing is like cheating.
psylox said:
i used to steal watches from wally and pawn them for easy cash.
i did it for the quick buck and because it was so easy. and maybe becasue im a selfish dispicable human with no sense of societal laws and values.

i also think that everyone would steal; given the right circumstances...



I agree.
It is just like cheating on your spouse.
you can't say EVERYONE would steal if given the chance. but i bet MOST people would steal something if they opportunity arrose and the benefit was larger than the risk.


so to the people who are so pissed off at the "scumbag" piece of shit theives on the shroomery: piss off. You've stolen things b4, everyone has. Everyone has lied, cheated and stolen. It is a part of life, you must strive to do it as little as humanly possible though, that is the ideal. We all have moments of weakness, we have all had times in our lives we have taken something that was not ours without permission, shit happens.


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12458521 -

Prisoner#1 said:
psylox said:
i also think that everyone would steal; given the right circumstances...



I think you're projecting, not everyone is a thieving crook



Doesn't it really depend on the situation, i mean i would not for a second even think of stealing anything if i had money to buy everything i needed. Repeat, needed, not wanted. If you were homeless would you not steal anything, ever?


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12458530 -

im not projecting.

Psychological projection or projection bias (including Freudian Projection) is the unconscious act of denial of a person's own attributes, thoughts, and emotions, which are then ascribed to the outside world, such as to the weather, the government, a tool, or to other people. Thus, it involves imagining or projecting that others have those feelings.

because in order to project you have to first be in denial... but in my post i admitted that what i did was wrong and that i am a dirty scumbag of a human.
but you could just say instead "i do not think your theory is correct".
and that would be a  more legititmate refutal


--------------------
..............is all your life will ever be

Edited by psylox (04/26/10 09:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: psylox]
    #12458544 -

Most people steal shit they don't even need. They only do it because they get off on it.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12458546 -

Prisoner#1 said:
psylox said:
i also think that everyone would steal; given the right circumstances...



I think you're projecting, not everyone is a thieving crook



So then, may I ask, do you claim to never steal things?

Do you claim to have never stolen anything in your life?

I'm not even talking about from corporations, this could be ANYTHING, however miniscule or small. From eating someone's hoagie they were saving in the fridge, to swiping a beer at a party that you weren't invited to.


--------------------
You are at once
both
the quiet
and
the confusion
of my heart.
-Franz Kafka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot]
    #12458547 -

CaelaHarlot said:
Them becoming an even bigger corporation and taking business from the other companies here, grocery stores etc. Would probably make me care even less about theft.



that says a great deal about you, a company goes into business to make
money, every business that opens is competition for another business,
does it now make it OK to steal from all the businesses because they
take business from other businesses?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wal-Mart kicks ass!
( 1 2 all )
13eetleJuice 4,075 24 11/06/04 06:25 AM
by butterflydawn
* fuck retail *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
ricochet 4,025 26 01/10/05 10:41 PM
by DNKYD
* Asylum seeker steals mushroom patch Bi0TeK 1,021 9 08/31/04 09:34 AM
by Phishgrrl
* The Shroomery Store
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 5,635 38 04/26/04 08:42 AM
by joe666
* Why not to smoke cigs inside a fireworks store *vid* baraka 2,118 19 07/23/16 10:26 AM
by Shroomopotamus
* Documentary: The Corporation. Run, don't walk! Phishgrrl 677 6 11/05/04 12:21 PM
by Jim
* TV is going to steal our lives! Jim 2,355 19 09/30/04 12:09 AM
by Skikid16
* Melting Steal your Face logo? Madtowntripper 2,626 16 05/05/04 08:51 AM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
17,420 topic views. 6 members, 9 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.