Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: aeo]
    #12458279 -

aeo said:
Once I stole two fish tank air pumps by sliding them thru a crack between a wall and the fence, in the garden department, at Walmart.  I left them wedged there, then got in my car and drove around.  I rolled down my window, stopped, and then threw them in the passenger side window, slid across my car hood, and hopped in and drove off.  I guess I saved like $30 or something.  It was fun :laugh:



Thieves are big pieces of shit.

Thieves who think they can justify stealing are delusional.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #12458287 -

There are plenty of cameras at Wal-Mart.  If you steal something you will be caught on camera.

Just take that into consideration.


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #12458289 -

I never understood the logic that if a company is successful they should be punished.


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: aeo]
    #12458305 -

Nah, I don't think so, mainly because places like Wal-Mart and McDonalds are basically corrupt communist/fascists.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #12458336 -

Apollyphelion said:
Nah, I don't think so, mainly because places like Wal-Mart and McDonalds are basically corrupt communist/fascists.



I am going to assume sarcasm since fascism is a far right ideology and communists are far left.

I'm going to point it out just in case someone else feels compelled to agree with you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: MhmOyster]
    #12458345 -

MhmOyster said:
Apollyphelion said:
Nah, I don't think so, mainly because places like Wal-Mart and McDonalds are basically corrupt communist/fascists.



I am going to assume sarcasm since fascism is a far right ideology and communists are far left.

I'm going to point it out just in case someone else feels compelled to agree with you.



:lol:
They're just far out, man.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #12458378 -

I think stealing from big corporations, especially small items and if it's plainly because you can't afford it or have better things to spend money on, it's totally fine. Like many people said before, they plan for that, they have money and price changes set aside for theft. And it's not going to effect the small people like us who are working at the registers, or even the big fuck asses making all the money from it.

It really is fine and totally different than if you stole from a small business type of thing. It "I can't afford this but i really need it and these fuckers can afford to give it away for free". My friend and i stole Aeroguard for our mushie hunting the other day because we really needed it and it was way overpriced AND we didn't have enough money to spend on that. It was like a buy food and steal aeroguard or buy aeroguard and starve kinda choice.


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: CaelaHarlot]
    #12458392 -

I didn't read this whole thread but, stealing from wal-mart is just asking to get caught
there are millions of camera along with workers in normal stuff. don't steal man if I steal
anything its a blunt wrap from the local store :lol:

An yeah P.S 95% of the people I knew that stole from wal-mart got caught an either
went to jail or got banned from there for life


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot]
    #12458395 -

They plan for thiefs and include it in their prices. If people don't steal, their prices would be lower. Just because they plan for it, doesn't mean it doesn't increase prices.

Fuck, how hard is it to get this?

The fire department plans for fires and houses are insured against fire, can I burn your house now?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot]
    #12458401 -

CaelaHarlot said:
I think stealing from big corporations, especially small items and if it's plainly because you can't afford it or have better things to spend money on, it's totally fine. .




if I cant afford it I find some way to come up with the money, if I have
better things to spend my money on, I obviously dont need it, I
certainly dont need anything enough to risk getting locked up had
slapped with a couple of years of probation, is that $20 item with the
$25/mo probation supervision fee or the $1000 fines the courts give you

theft is theft, thieves are typically liars as well so anyone that
claims "I only steal from big box stores because they factor in losses"
are also willing to steal from people, they just tend to lie about it,
and to think about it, if it wasnt for all the thieves, they wouldnt
have to factor in those losses and drive the prices even higher

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12458418 -

Well i know for a fact my friend and I hardly ever steal, only when it comes to a choice of something like dinner or toothpaste for the next week. And i also know for a fact we never have and never would steal from a person.


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: Polk_Audio3] * 5
    #12458420 -

Well, here goes...

Stealing from Wall Mart is a good thing to do. Not only does it allow you to get free stuff that you wouldn't otherwise be able to enjoy, it helps other people too. By stealing you create incentive to prevent theft. Companies that make and install security cameras would fold if people suddenly became honest and nothing got stolen. Wall Mart would need fewer employees too.

Also, statistically speaking, a percentage of the merchandise stolen from Wall Mart is then sold to various small businesses that are then able to sell the products to consumers at a lower price than Wall Mart. If this were to stop, Wall Mart could feasibly move from a dominant position in the marketplace to a total monopoly, at which point they could hike prices to the point that everybody would essentially be slaves to Wall Mart.

That's right, stealing from Wall Mart helps fight slavery. 

Therefore, aside from the humanitarian aspect of it, stealing from Wall Mart creates jobs in at least 3 different areas as well as providing income/free shit to people who share it with me.


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: shroommachine]
    #12458427 -

shroommachine said:
Well, here goes...

Stealing from Wall Mart is a good thing to do. Not only does it allow you to get free stuff that you wouldn't otherwise be able to enjoy, it helps other people too. By stealing you create incentive to prevent theft. Companies that make and install security cameras would fold if people suddenly became honest and nothing got stolen. Wall Mart would need fewer employees too.

Also, statistically speaking, a percentage of the merchandise stolen from Wall Mart is then sold to various small businesses that are then able to sell the products to consumers at a lower price than Wall Mart. If this were to stop, Wall Mart could feasibly move from a dominant position in the marketplace to a total monopoly, at which point they could hike prices to the point that everybody would essentially be slaves to Wall Mart.

That's right, stealing from Wall Mart helps fight slavery. 

Therefore, aside from the humanitarian aspect of it, stealing from Wall Mart creates jobs in at least 3 different areas as well as providing income/free shit to people who share it with me.



:thumbup:


--------------------
~40 oz to freedom is the only chance I have to feel good, even though I feel bad. And I know that ohhhh...I'm not comin' back. God knows I'm not going back.~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: shroommachine] * 1
    #12458434 -

And who is going to pay for those extra jobs? Yes, the paying costumers. It's like a tax for everyone but thieves.

You guys can't be serious.
:suicide:

Edited by Annom (04/26/10 08:09 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: CaelaHarlot] * 2
    #12458435 -

Id burgle them senseless if there was a wall mart here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: CaelaHarlot]
    #12458439 -

CaelaHarlot said:
Well i know for a fact my friend and I hardly ever steal, only when it comes to a choice of something like dinner or toothpaste for the next week. And i also know for a fact we never have and never would steal from a person.



hardly ever means you steal and I cant trust the word of a thief because I've never known one to be honest

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12458442 -

Prisoner#1 said:
if I cant afford it I find some way to come up with the money, if I have
better things to spend my money on, I obviously dont need it, I
certainly dont need anything enough to risk getting locked up had
slapped with a couple of years of probation, is that $20 item with the
$25/mo probation supervision fee or the $1000 fines the courts give you

theft is theft, thieves are typically liars as well so anyone that
claims "I only steal from big box stores because they factor in losses"
are also willing to steal from people, they just tend to lie about it,
and to think about it, if it wasnt for all the thieves, they wouldnt
have to factor in those losses and drive the prices even higher



Actually, if the stuff you steal is worth less than $100 they just ban you from the store, they won't even call the cops.

Also, in no conceivable reality would Wall Mart lower prices if people stopped stealing. Yeah, if nobody had ever stolen anything, prices might be lower by a quarter of a percentage or so, but life is not a fairy tale, so please stop expecting people to act like it is. As it stands, Theft from large corporations directly helps the people who both need the help and have the initiative to help themselves. It's a win-win.


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: badman]
    #12458444 -

badman said:
Id burgle them senseless if there was a wall mart here.




who do you think owns ASDA


better get busy before your jail cell gets too cold

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: shroommachine]
    #12458456 -

shroommachine said:
Actually, if the stuff you steal is worth less than $100 they just ban you from the store, they won't even call the cops.



that's bullshit, my ex mother in law was arrested for shoplifting a
bottle of advil from a wal-mart, $8 in merchandise

Quote:
Theft from large corporations directly helps the people who both need the help and have the initiative to help themselves. It's a win-win.



yes, it gives them a year of probation as a means of help, it fattens
the coffers for the cops and the courts, it's truly a win/win

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: aeo] * 1
    #12458460 -

Like anyone really needs to steal from Walmart. If you are starving go to a shelter, If you need stuff cheaper go to craigslist or ebay. If you want to be a thief just stop trying to justify it like your being fucking noble for it. Your dishonest and thats all that needs to be said.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wal-Mart kicks ass!
( 1 2 all )
13eetleJuice 4,074 24 11/06/04 06:25 AM
by butterflydawn
* fuck retail *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
ricochet 4,025 26 01/10/05 10:41 PM
by DNKYD
* Asylum seeker steals mushroom patch Bi0TeK 1,021 9 08/31/04 09:34 AM
by Phishgrrl
* The Shroomery Store
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 5,635 38 04/26/04 08:42 AM
by joe666
* Why not to smoke cigs inside a fireworks store *vid* baraka 2,118 19 07/23/16 10:26 AM
by Shroomopotamus
* Documentary: The Corporation. Run, don't walk! Phishgrrl 677 6 11/05/04 12:21 PM
by Jim
* TV is going to steal our lives! Jim 2,355 19 09/30/04 12:09 AM
by Skikid16
* Melting Steal your Face logo? Madtowntripper 2,626 16 05/05/04 08:51 AM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
17,420 topic views. 4 members, 25 guests and 246 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.