Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]
Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? * 1
    #12457739 -

Once I stole two fish tank air pumps by sliding them thru a crack between a wall and the fence, in the garden department, at Walmart.  I left them wedged there, then got in my car and drove around.  I rolled down my window, stopped, and then threw them in the passenger side window, slid across my car hood, and hopped in and drove off.  I guess I saved like $30 or something.  It was fun :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: aeo]
    #12457761 -

There was actually quite a bit of drama about this that occurred in a thread about "free stuff" a while back.

PM me if you want to talk about something specific, I doubt many people will give you the kind of response your looking for on these boards, it's pretty clear around here that thievery is not right no matter who or what it's from.. and while I can justify stealing from Wallmart, I cannot justify being the kind of person who has to.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: plurfekt] * 1
    #12457775 -

Of course it's alright, they rip you off on basically everything you buy there anyways.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: aeo] * 1
    #12457788 -

stealing from anyone is wrong....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs] * 2
    #12457791 -

AlmostAsCoolAs said:
Of course it's alright, they rip you off on basically everything you buy there anyways.




You're right.  It's all cheap ass bullshit anyways.  I look at it as Robin Hood, steal from the rich to give to the poor.  Or however you look at it, Wal Mart is not going to lose any meals over anything being stolen from there.


--------------------
You slimy fuckin walrus looking piece of shit! Get the fuck down off of my obstacle! - Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: PurpleGiant] * 1
    #12457816 -

PurpleGiant said:
AlmostAsCoolAs said:
Of course it's alright, they rip you off on basically everything you buy there anyways.




You're right.  It's all cheap ass bullshit anyways.  I look at it as Robin Hood, steal from the rich to give to the poor.  Or however you look at it, Wal Mart is not going to lose any meals over anything being stolen from there.



Of course not, why would they? They'll just up their prices to account for the money lost due to theft.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: plurfekt] * 1
    #12457935 -

plurfekt said:
and while I can justify stealing from Wallmart, I cannot justify being the kind of person who has to.



:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: koppie] * 1
    #12457944 -

Yes, it is fucking wrong.  Never do it again, and particularly don't brag about your exploits on the Internet.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12457991 -

Steal Everything from Wall Mart. They have destroyed small business, they pay their employees shit, and it's really easy.

Don't give me that shit about them hiking prices or not giving raises because of theft. That's bullshit. The giant corporation will not become less evil if everyone stops stealing, they will just make a slightly higher profit and become more evil.


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: shroommachine] * 2
    #12457997 -

This thread thunders down to one epic :huxleyfacepalm:

If Walmart is evil, and suppose stealing is 'evil' too (I think it is, in any case, in principle at least), how do two evils (stealing from Walmart) make one 'good'? It's flawed logic all the way through. If you don't like Walmart or any other company: don't buy from them. Ignore them altogether. That's all you need to do. Stealing from them is not going to prove your moral superiority, and it's not going to do any good to society as a whole. It's a lose-lose situation in the long run.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: koraks] * 2
    #12458005 -

Plato said justice means doing good to your friends and bad to your enemies. Therefore, stealing from wal mart is a just thing to do.


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: shroommachine] * 2
    #12458009 -

Someone lock this please.

It's like this.  Walmart is a big corporation with more political power then Saudi Arabia.  No amount of shoplifting is going to jack up a corporations pricing's, in fact most of Wal-marts shoplifting is done by employees.  Actually, Wal-mart and other corporations like it have insurance for "leakage" which basically means stuff that get's stolen.  So in a way they expect you to steal.

A while back I started making a habit of it, stealing small items and stuff, justifying it because of my anger with society and the corporate jazz.. angry and vengeful.

Not long after I stopped hanging out with the loser I was stealing stuff with I realized that regardless of who I am stealing from; I am still stealing.  It's not that bad.  See, I had this "NEVER STEAL FROM PEOPLE" argument.  It's faulty.

Repeating a line from the TV series Brotherhood "You may dress like Robin Hood, and you may give to the poor like Robin Hood, and you make shoot like Robin Hood, but you will NEVER BE ROBIN HOOD".  (or something along those lines).

Be honest with yourself first of all.  You weren't stealing to give back to the community you were stealing for yourself.  You probably had the money to pay for the items you stole but felt that you could get away with it and wanted to spend your money on something else, likely drugs.

So, yeah I know the best tried and true methods for stealing from Wal-mart.. but I just decided to keep them to myself.

What's sad, and this was sadly the hardest part to realize.. regardless of whatever brought you to the situation your in now - are you really going to throw the cards in the air and say "ooop, I can't control my life anyways" and steal?

I know the odds are against us.. fucking believe me, I am NOT having an easy time nor is my family, and we are all educated, honest people (I at least try to be).

Do you wanna be the guy who steals shit from Walmart then passes it off as a political or economical justice?

Or are you going to see that thievery is a sign of weakness?  Going to take responsibility for yourself and do what you have to do in order to live an honest, respectable life?

Of course, if your anything like I was when I did these things I wouldn't expect you to understand.. you have yet to find your morals.  I hope that you find them before they find you.

Go ahead and steal.  I did, I didn't get caught.

Pffft.

Or maybe it's just time to grow up.

EDIT_

I'm not trying to burn on anyone.  In fact I'd be the first person to roar with laughter if my local Wal-mart burned down (as long as no one got hurt).  I have no moral issue with stealing from Wal-mart, I just have an issue with pride.  I'm too proud of a person to stoop to that level anymore.  It was fun while it lasted I guess, but I'm ready to make something of myself and put that behind me.

Although, I think people over-reacted when I tried to justify it months ago.

So, Thievery?

It's a personal choice.

Good luck to you.

Edited by plurfekt (04/26/10 03:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: aeo] * 2
    #12458013 -

I rarely steal....


And when i do, it is from Wal-Mart and i do it blatantly in front of them right under their nose....By just leaving what ever i want in the shopping cart, pay for what i need, and walk out with the shopping cart. If they don't catch me the cashiers aren't doing their job :shrug:...If they do notice something is in the cart still, i act stupid and just pay for it....But they rarely check to see if anything is left in the shopping cart as i check out...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: plurfekt] * 2
    #12458015 -

I don't steal from anyone, I just support other people doing it.


There is a good scheme involving found receipts. I'll leave it to you to figure out the logistics.


--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: shroommachine] * 1
    #12458042 -

It's no worse than stealing stuff from a rich relative, and I do that all the time.


--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
hmmm........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Champion des Champignons] * 1
    #12458169 -

I wouldn't say they expect you to steal - I would say hard experience has taught them that people do steal and they do have money set aside to tackle it.

You are never really stealing from a big corporation, short sighted ass holes with a need to depersonalize their victims will make it sound like that is where shit stops.

Truth is, they pass every dime onto the people that shop there - none of it is coming out of executive pay packets, they just put their prices up enough to cover it.

When you steal from Wal-mart, you steal from the people that shop there.

Those are your innocent victims.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: MhmOyster]
    #12458196 -

ive stolen cheap drugs from walmart..thats all, stealing is looked down upon most times..depending on the circumstances, your situation and intentions..this applies to most mistakes, what you know at the time means alot.  i dont cheat on tests..except for one time in 10th grade math when a test was ordered on a sub day, everyone hated the teacher including me so i opened the book next to me on the floor, flipped to the page explaining the trigonometry of boats-he was a ass for choosing this question he knew no one would know-solved it, and passed it on, everyone got it right and he never found out ahaha

Edited by dust (04/26/10 05:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, ho [Re: dust] * 1
    #12458212 -

I love the amount of righteous justification for theft in this thread.  Some of you kids are pretty funny even if you are being serious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: aeo]
    #12458243 -

As others have said, they will compensate by increasing their prices, so you steal from other costumers. It really is that simple.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is stealing from huge corporate retail stores (like Wal-mart) wrong, and if you have done it, how? [Re: Annom]
    #12458256 -

but ur getting free shit d00d


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wal-Mart kicks ass!
( 1 2 all )
13eetleJuice 4,074 24 11/06/04 06:25 AM
by butterflydawn
* fuck retail *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
ricochet 4,025 26 01/10/05 10:41 PM
by DNKYD
* Asylum seeker steals mushroom patch Bi0TeK 1,021 9 08/31/04 09:34 AM
by Phishgrrl
* The Shroomery Store
( 1 2 all )
filthysock 5,635 38 04/26/04 08:42 AM
by joe666
* Why not to smoke cigs inside a fireworks store *vid* baraka 2,118 19 07/23/16 10:26 AM
by Shroomopotamus
* Documentary: The Corporation. Run, don't walk! Phishgrrl 677 6 11/05/04 12:21 PM
by Jim
* TV is going to steal our lives! Jim 2,355 19 09/30/04 12:09 AM
by Skikid16
* Melting Steal your Face logo? Madtowntripper 2,626 16 05/05/04 08:51 AM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
17,420 topic views. 5 members, 18 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.