Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
The Temple of Set
    #12372799 -

Has anyone had any experience with these fellows? Any members on the forums? Seems like a potentially interesting group if one is into the occult, but of course being secretive and initiatory, it's hard to know from the outside if it's really of any value.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Temple of Set [Re: crumblebum]
    #12372882 -

It's all about the ONA.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Temple of Set [Re: deCypher]
    #12372917 -

Mr. Cypher said:
It's all about the ONA.



"Open and Affirming (ONA) is an official designation of congregations and other bodies within the United Church of Christ denomination affirming the full inclusion of gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered persons (LGBT) in life and ministry of that church body."

Sounds great and all, I appreciate the spirit, but I was looking for secretive satanic churches.

(in case it's not obvious, joke, i know 'bout ONA. well, as much as one can know)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Temple of Set [Re: crumblebum]
    #12372928 -

I would guess they're currently involved with Islamic fundamentalism.  Not that I would know anything about them because like you say, they're secretive and probably don't even exist to begin with.

The Temple of Set at least strikes me as better than the Church of Satan, though.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Temple of Set [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12372995 -

Well, as the story goes they split off in '75 when it became too obvious that the CoSatan was basically LaVeys fan club and PR Firm.

Apparently though, a principle objection was the ideology within CoS that Satan was not a literal deity or demon, rather more a mascot or eidolon, a rallying symbol. I guess the Temple of Set rejects this in favor of preserving and revering Satan as Set as a literal deity. All things considered, I find this off putting, and prefer the LaVeyan view. So at the outset it seems like a conundrum. The church that does not espouse a literal deity apparently has a more distinct and strict social and official hierchy, while the seemingly more informal and relaxed organization that split off out of indignation over corruption worships a literal deity and keeps the greater bulk of their literature secret, rather than publishing it through Avon Books.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Temple of Set [Re: crumblebum]
    #12376477 -

Quote:
Well, as the story goes they split off in '75 when it became too obvious that the CoSatan was basically LaVeys fan club and PR Firm.



Would you expect anything less from the most selfish, self-indulgent man in history?
Shit, that's half the fun.


You said what I came in here to say, though; they basically just practice LaVeyan Satanism whilst actually believing in Satan, for one reason or another. I personally never quite understood why it would be a good thing for Satan to be real. I mean, that would mean that god was real too and that he was totally going to pown you down the road. I can understand worshipping lucifer (though I wouldn't), under the assumption that he's the "true god of this world", but Satan isn't quite as fun as that.


Anyways, unless a member is here and is willing to share some information with you I doubt you're going to get much more out of us than "They keep that shit pretty locked up"

which usually translates to little more than IRL RPG's :picard:


--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I just found the biggest fucking 'left hand path/satanism' torrent I think I've ever seen
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
LuSiD9 33,873 81 08/18/15 02:36 PM
by Hobozen
* What is a temple and/or household shrine and what is contained in it? Your thoughts.
( 1 2 all )
lines 2,020 23 01/27/11 05:43 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* Beliefs of the Church of Satan Penelope_Tree 1,655 16 06/16/10 02:09 PM
by LuSiD9
* what do you guys think about Satanism
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
aspiringpsychonaut 20,746 334 08/16/11 07:26 AM
by cosmicjacko
* your thoughts on satanism
( 1 2 3 all )
Bridgeburner 5,283 42 08/18/07 04:32 PM
by Middleman
* Satanic Ritual Abuse vigilant_mind 2,018 7 07/13/22 03:01 PM
by Forrester
* Pope reasserts other Christian denominations are not true churches
( 1 2 all )
fivepointer 5,068 23 06/10/10 11:19 AM
by p4kSouL
* Duality Trap
( 1 2 all )
leery11 6,470 22 06/08/06 05:44 PM
by Telepylus

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
685 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.