Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Demonology
    #12372286 -

I just heard about the new book Angelology: A Novel by Danielle Trussoni, but yesterday I received a remainder book, hardcover, from Edward R. Hamilton, Bookseller, called
The Dark Sacrament: True Stories of Modern-day Possession and Exorcism by David M. Kiely & Christina McKenna. It's interesting how I am more likely to think that reports of the demonic are more likely than reports of the angelic, although, I must confess, that I have had experiences which parallel written reports of both phenomena.

Once upon a time, I thought that the true psychological story entitled Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber was the scariest book I'd ever read. Then, I discovered Hostage to the Devil:The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans by Malachi Martin. Now THAT was a scary read! I had to re-evaluate what I then believed about 'evil,' whether it the Privatio Boni theory (Absence of Goodness) was sufficient to explain what then seemed like the existence of infernal intelligence in the universe. Demons, devils, and a 'Master' consciousness, a Qlippothic realm - Hell. Malachi Martin's last name was used in the 1971 hit book/film The Exorcist, where the character became Father Marin. The Exorcist was based on Martin's book. Before Martin died, he apprenticed well known, well published psychiatrist, M. Scott Peck, to carry on his work.

Peck died in 2005 after publishing Glimpses of the Devil: A Psychiatrist's personal Accounts of Possession, Exorcism, and Redemption. I read this too, and there is another paperback waiting for me which I scarfed up years ago (I go through phases), called American Exorcism: Expelling Demons in the Land of Plenty by Michael W. Cuneo. All of these books are cited in the one I'm reading, and Lo! I discovered a book only 1/3 read through on my shelf: Speaking With the Devil by Carl Goldberg. I suppose the last one was not as sensational as the others, and perhaps it tended to emphasize more of a psychological model like unto Jung's Shadow, than the more paranormal cases written in the other books.

Cuneo's book, my current author explains, regarding "Plenty," has to do with the essential process of fasting in the exorcism of demons.Since I have not read it yet, I can't comment further, but fasting and prayer are essential in the New Testament for the expulsion of demons (Mark 9:29). Fasting means more than not eating, it requires silence of speech and mind, and since 'nature abhors a vacuum,' the mind must be filled with a highly energetic state of consciousness which one could call contemplative prayer.

I do not know if anyone has read Malachi Martin's Hostage to the Devil, but I recommend it as data without which one would prematurely conclude their understanding about the meaning of 'evil.' My own tendency is to find the cosmic level in mundane life, and there is a point at which human evil and concepts of psychopathology just don't seem to contain a phenomenon (e.g., the Nazi Final Solution for extermination, but also the demonic recycling of human beings into leather goods, soap, gold reclamation, hair for mattresses, inhuman 'experiment' subjects; Jeffrey Dahmer's skull shrine; satanic infant-sacrificial cults). Anyone ever read any of this stuff pertaining to demonology? My Lady won't even let me read to her on these things. She apparently encountered 'Duppies' on two or more occasions, when she moved to Jamaica at age 7. Nobody had ever told her about these things until AFTER she reluctantly reported them. Then, she was told "Ah child, you have young eyes!," which is to say, the adults knew of these encounters, and a child has not yet produced the Don Juanian "shields" of adult disbelief.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #12372402 -

I'm on the fence regarding if anything can truly be 'external' to one self. I see the 'evil' phenomena as the runaway ego which can be easily diminished by the silencing of ones mind (such as in the case of contemplation as you have shown). I subscribe to the idea that 'all is one', so essentially such evil has no power except for that which you attribute to it. Fear lowers ones vibration and attracts exactly what one is trying to prevent. Self-empowerment seems to be the best defense against these things - go in head first with your sword in hand.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12372866 -

Hostage to the Devil online

I believe evil can be just as powerful a force as good.  Both of course are ultimately illusory.



--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: deCypher]
    #12372937 -

I'm not too sure. A flame can illuminate a dark room, but darkness cannot stifle a flame.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt] * 1
    #12372949 -

Metaphors can be fallible; even the biggest candle has to go out eventually.  Entropy, my friend.  :shrug:





--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Edited by deCypher (04/11/10 11:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: deCypher]
    #12373617 -

In the presence of both - one overpowers. IMO, only through ignorance can darkness prevail.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12374383 -

Unfortunately, too many people are ignorant.  :sad:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: deCypher]
    #12374393 -

I don't believe other people's ignorance has power over the enlightened one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12374401 -

It does if ignorant people are in power like politicians or CEOs or army generals.  :shrug:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: deCypher]
    #12374418 -

I don't give these people any power over me. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12374421 -

You don't have to give power in order to have it be exerted over you.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: deCypher]
    #12374458 -

By believing they have power over you, you lower your vibration facilitating such exertion. I don't believe these power structures have any influence in my life.

See 4 minutes in:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12374600 -

They have total influence over your life!  You honestly think the government and corporations do not affect you??


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: deCypher]
    #12374751 -

My desires (or lack thereof) do not conflict with such power structures. I'm just doing my thing. I feel the power of my life, what I want to do and where I want to go, is completely in my own hands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12374755 -

Seriously?  You are immune from money?


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: deCypher]
    #12374985 -

“For where your treasures is, there your heart will be also” (Matt. 6:19-21) and “You cannot serve God and wealth” (Matt. 6: 24).

I started to let my bank account dwindle and we will see where it goes from there. :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #12375016 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
I just heard about the new book Angelology: A Novel by Danielle Trussoni, but yesterday I received a remainder book, hardcover, from Edward R. Hamilton, Bookseller, called
The Dark Sacrament: True Stories of Modern-day Possession and Exorcism by David M. Kiely & Christina McKenna. It's interesting how I am more likely to think that reports of the demonic are more likely than reports of the angelic, although, I must confess, that I have had experiences which parallel written reports of both phenomena.

Once upon a time, I thought that the true psychological story entitled Sybil by Flora Rheta Schreiber was the scariest book I'd ever read. Then, I discovered Hostage to the Devil:The Possession and Exorcism of Five Contemporary Americans by Malachi Martin. Now THAT was a scary read! I had to re-evaluate what I then believed about 'evil,' whether it the Privatio Boni theory (Absence of Goodness) was sufficient to explain what then seemed like the existence of infernal intelligence in the universe. Demons, devils, and a 'Master' consciousness, a Qlippothic realm - Hell. Malachi Martin's last name was used in the 1971 hit book/film The Exorcist, where the character became Father Marin. The Exorcist was based on Martin's book. Before Martin died, he apprenticed well known, well published psychiatrist, M. Scott Peck, to carry on his work.

Peck died in 2005 after publishing Glimpses of the Devil: A Psychiatrist's personal Accounts of Possession, Exorcism, and Redemption. I read this too, and there is another paperback waiting for me which I scarfed up years ago (I go through phases), called American Exorcism: Expelling Demons in the Land of Plenty by Michael W. Cuneo. All of these books are cited in the one I'm reading, and Lo! I discovered a book only 1/3 read through on my shelf: Speaking With the Devil by Carl Goldberg. I suppose the last one was not as sensational as the others, and perhaps it tended to emphasize more of a psychological model like unto Jung's Shadow, than the more paranormal cases written in the other books.

Cuneo's book, my current author explains, regarding "Plenty," has to do with the essential process of fasting in the exorcism of demons.Since I have not read it yet, I can't comment further, but fasting and prayer are essential in the New Testament for the expulsion of demons (Mark 9:29). Fasting means more than not eating, it requires silence of speech and mind, and since 'nature abhors a vacuum,' the mind must be filled with a highly energetic state of consciousness which one could call contemplative prayer.

I do not know if anyone has read Malachi Martin's Hostage to the Devil, but I recommend it as data without which one would prematurely conclude their understanding about the meaning of 'evil.' My own tendency is to find the cosmic level in mundane life, and there is a point at which human evil and concepts of psychopathology just don't seem to contain a phenomenon (e.g., the Nazi Final Solution for extermination, but also the demonic recycling of human beings into leather goods, soap, gold reclamation, hair for mattresses, inhuman 'experiment' subjects; Jeffrey Dahmer's skull shrine; satanic infant-sacrificial cults). Anyone ever read any of this stuff pertaining to demonology? My Lady won't even let me read to her on these things. She apparently encountered 'Duppies' on two or more occasions, when she moved to Jamaica at age 7. Nobody had ever told her about these things until AFTER she reluctantly reported them. Then, she was told "Ah child, you have young eyes!," which is to say, the adults knew of these encounters, and a child has not yet produced the Don Juanian "shields" of adult disbelief.



I've had several experiences with "evil" forces, and to this day don't know what to make of all of them.  Once on a large dose of mushrooms, I thought that the mushroom intelligence was trying to take over my mind.  Scary shit.

Another time, I was reading a thread on the shroomery that linked to another site where somebody from some supposed evil spiritual NWO was answering questions.  Later in the night I was feeling really creeped out and as I feel asleep went immediately into a lucid dream type state where I was walking around in a pizza place that I buy weed in.  I turned around and saw this red skinned man staring at me in such a horrifying way that I freaked out and woke up immediately. I've heard about the "Watcher at the gate" phenomenon in astral projection so maybe that's an explanation.

But either way I'm of the school of thought that fear has no power if you don't give it any. Let it flowww:

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #12375511 -

c0sm0nautt said:
“For where your treasures is, there your heart will be also” (Matt. 6:19-21) and “You cannot serve God and wealth” (Matt. 6: 24).

I started to let my bank account dwindle and we will see where it goes from there. :wink:



Hope ya don't end up homeless.  :lol:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: c0sm0nautt] * 1
    #12376021 -

Quote:
By believing they have power over you, you lower your vibration facilitating such exertion. I don't believe these power structures have any influence in my life.



i like bashar.
sometimes he some interesting points but this little bit at 4 minutes , is a bit confusing. He seems to propose that  people , with the same beliefs, eventually end up in the same reality according to their beliefs and vibration.
This  means that it would be impossible for any consensus reality to exist in which all entities dont share the same belief systems.

I mean .. this is where it gets really complicated.
What does constitute the grounds for a consensus reality ?
Which beliefs dictate who we share our surroundings with ?

It looks like our beliefs are so diverse that we find ourselves disagreeing from a forum, all the way to politics , religion .. even the question of our own identity leaves us all with different answers.

The web is so complex , and the implications of statements such as bashars , open the door for so many questions , and EVEN differing beliefs on what the message really is.

If i had to pick one thing that entirely defines our reality and includes the reason for it being a consensus one for us,  IS

- the will to be in a reality with individuals that do NOT share the same beliefs.

I think it only makes sense to conclude this.
We all want the excitement of finding out new things in each other.
We lust after the prize of being right.
A game in which the truth holds no boundaries , and each and everyone of us is capable of exhibiting ones own identity as a personal truth.

We want it this way , do we not ?
Where do all the interesting things we muse ourselves with go , when we all decide to agree ?
How long can you sustain peace even in your own household ?
Where will the humor go , when we all start squeezing the tooth paste the same way ?

The willing participation in such a dynamic , diverse reality does include the potential of having your own free will tampered with.
And this is what i believe mr. cypher is implying.

it has nothing to do with what you believe...
not here.
when the rules are layed out so that everyone is free to express.. in my mind this does represent the freedom to suppress freedom, be it your own or of another.

Quote:
The Oracle: Do you  see her die?
Neo: No.
The Oracle: You have the sight now, Neo. You are looking at the world without time.
Neo: Then why can't I see what happens to her?
The Oracle: We can never see past the choices we don't understand.
Neo: Are you saying I have to choose whether Trinity lives or dies?
The Oracle: No, you've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it.



:stoned:

you put a cd in your drive.
you install a video game.
you check all the boxes that you're supposed to.
agree to everything you're supposed to agree in order to continue with the installation process.
You start playing the game.
In this game.. you're characters name is Jim.
There are some things Jim can do.. and some that he can't.
Jim.. can also get shot in this game , by the "bad guys".
You control Jim.
You move him around and everything he does.. is the result of your will.
Is he free ?

:smirk:

does Jim.. even exist ?

No.
But with that attitude..
good luck playing the game.
you might as well just uninstall.

:esrbnoob:


--------------------



---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Demonology [Re: jivJaN]
    #12376116 -

:congrats:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* King James... whatsgrimace 1,071 13 05/01/12 10:52 AM
by Raven Gnosis
* Netflix recommendation (additional source linked inside) KickleM 314 2 03/09/12 05:51 AM
by Kickle
* James Randi falsifies Data Diaboleros 937 10 04/30/09 08:30 PM
by Silversoul
* James 3:15 whatsgrimace 602 9 05/20/12 04:50 PM
by just me
* James Carson's Piano Grapefruit 1,406 8 01/28/11 03:13 AM
by daytripper23
* High Time's Interview with James Oroc (5MEODMT) c0sm0nautt 775 2 01/05/10 03:06 AM
by mutusliber
* UFOs, Demonology, and the power of the name of Jesus. ObliviousSeeker 458 1 04/13/10 01:04 AM
by deCypher
* struggling with spirituality
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Mello KittyS 9,207 88 07/18/13 10:07 PM
by CosmicJoke

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Asante, Shroomism, Rose, Kickle, yogabunny, Northerner, DividedQuantum
3,611 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.