Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: DoseInTheWoods3420]
    #12223328 -

I :heart: Sound Tribe!
Greatest band ever!

My top three drugs to do at a Tribe show would be:
1. LSD+MDMA
2. MDMA
3. LSD


I saw them 5 times last year, but haven't had a chance to see them yet this year. I should be seeing them twice at SummerCamp and once more again at SummerFest.


STS9 - Circus - Rothbury 2009


STS9 - Gobnugget - JamCruise 8


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: RobMarley420]
    #12224752 -

I went to the show yesterday. It was amazing. Within 10 minutes of being there I had been offered doses, molly, hash..... I got 4 hits of some good acid from a cool dude. I took two, and I must say, it was the best night of my life. I didn't want to leave, I felt so connected with everyone there. It was a great scene


--------------------
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. -Ancient Native Proverb


“Chaos is what we've lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is Ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control.” -Terence McKenna



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: shroom_sandwich]
    #12224917 -

good to hear buddy. when i saw them in omaha the security was kinda tight. it took me a lil while to find a dose. i sparked up a J right before they started the set and the second i sparked it a dude was walking past me, stopped and was like "niiiice! you guys want any acid?" i was like " hell yea!" he had some of the smoothest, strongest WoW. i split a hit with my girl and we both felt great. perfect timing to spark it up.
i have plans to see tribe about 3 times this year. already got tickets


--------------------

You're either on the bus, or off the bus
everything i say is complete and utter bulshit :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: DoseInTheWoods3420]
    #12224996 -

man im pissed! These guys JUST came into town like 2 weeks ago and i didnt know who they were...i step in this thread and listen to them and LOVE IT!! DAMN IT!!!

Anyway...thanks, i love these guys. Seem like a great group, is it like people tripping and what not at every show? or is it mostly straight people also?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: Aito]
    #12225587 -

Aito said:
man im pissed! These guys JUST came into town like 2 weeks ago and i didnt know who they were...i step in this thread and listen to them and LOVE IT!! DAMN IT!!!

Anyway...thanks, i love these guys. Seem like a great group, is it like people tripping and what not at every show? or is it mostly straight people also?



The two shows I've been to have been complete and total psychedelic sessions, people were just laying hits on strangers tongues, taking bumps of K, dabbing and bumping Molly, and of course the herb is prevelant. I guess it depends on the venue and the level of security but 9:30 isn't exactly the most lax place in the world and it was still an all out trip fest. Oh, and outside after the show, you can almost always find an after party where obviously everyone is still doing there thing and finding what you need is no problem. Also, tanks are a common occurence outside of tribe shows, though I see NO2 outside of most shows that have open-minded fans. I couldn't imagine a tribe show where at least 3/4 of the people aren't on either MDMA or LSD (I would actually say closer to 90% but...), shit I did a 40mg shot of K in the bathroom at both the tribe show on Sunday and at the Dieselboy show I saw on Friday, which if anyone knows Bourbon St. (the old hammerjacks) knows what I'm talking about when I say that it is "lax".

Does that answer your question? I don't know if it would be the same if you were in say Texas or Mississippi, I would think that a lot of people follow tribe and there will always be people with doses and Molly. My 2 Pennies.


--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #12225692 -

sts9 + high dose mdma... oh man it makes me all happy just thinking about it:smile:


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: Aito]
    #12226071 -

Aito said:
man im pissed! These guys JUST came into town like 2 weeks ago and i didnt know who they were...i step in this thread and listen to them and LOVE IT!! DAMN IT!!!

Anyway...thanks, i love these guys. Seem like a great group, is it like people tripping and what not at every show? or is it mostly straight people also?



haha. I'd say that only a few people there weren't tripping. It was in a small venue called Mr. Small's and everyone was just lighting up in there and you could see that everyone was tripping. The place reeked of pot, which is no problem. I was getting high just being in there, plus tripping. I danced like never before


--------------------
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. -Ancient Native Proverb


“Chaos is what we've lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is Ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control.” -Terence McKenna



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: shroom_sandwich]
    #12226417 -

Just bought my tickets, Saturday can't come soon enough! :awecid:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: RecursivePhi]
    #12231166 -

I thought they were amazing before I seen them on acid, but when tripping and having them play right in front of you with all the amazing lights they have..... it's just unbelievable.


--------------------
"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. -Ancient Native Proverb


“Chaos is what we've lost touch with. This is why it is given a bad name. It is feared by the dominant archetype of our world, which is Ego, which clenches because its existence is defined in terms of control.” -Terence McKenna



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: shroom_sandwich]
    #12231948 -

you guys keep talking about the lights but you should have seen them a few years ago.

They just got rid of their light guy a year or so ago and the lights are much different now. check out the lights from red rocks 06-07 if you can find footage. Saxton was the best light guy besides CK5 of Phish and sts9 even got to use phish's light rig one night at red rocks.


--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12232236 -

i have one question tho cause i havent seen them in like a year or so now. Are they still doing that big screen in the background? i hate that thing, i miss the light show in the background with its up.


--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12232343 -

they have  a screen and pretty cool lights.

wish i was into them a coupla years ago,
ive heard thats when they were the best,
but ive also heard good things about their recent tour, IDK
:shrug:


i really enjoyed it


--------------------


"Reality is a juxtaposition of beauty and bullshit, sometimes you gotta wade through the bullshit to see the beauty, and the other times the beauty you see is just full of shit."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #12232733 -

Dr.Myco87 said:
The two shows I've been to have been complete and total psychedelic sessions, people were just laying hits on strangers tongues, taking bumps of K, dabbing and bumping Molly, and of course the herb is prevelant. I guess it depends on the venue and the level of security but 9:30 isn't exactly the most lax place in the world and it was still an all out trip fest. Oh, and outside after the show, you can almost always find an after party where obviously everyone is still doing there thing and finding what you need is no problem. Also, tanks are a common occurence outside of tribe shows, though I see NO2 outside of most shows that have open-minded fans. I couldn't imagine a tribe show where at least 3/4 of the people aren't on either MDMA or LSD (I would actually say closer to 90% but...), shit I did a 40mg shot of K in the bathroom at both the tribe show on Sunday and at the Dieselboy show I saw on Friday, which if anyone knows Bourbon St. (the old hammerjacks) knows what I'm talking about when I say that it is "lax".

Does that answer your question? I don't know if it would be the same if you were in say Texas or Mississippi, I would think that a lot of people follow tribe and there will always be people with doses and Molly. My 2 Pennies.



Ya you answered my qquestion and man that sounds like a great freakin time! Im definetly gonna keep and eye out for when/if they come back. I've never been to an event where other people are doing alot of stuff, but i havent been into shrooms and pot but like 2 yrs so im still getting into the scene.

Any other bands that are like that? that tour and do shows to where almost everyone is tripping? And dont say phish and stuff like that, last time they came, tickets got sold out in 10 mins, and then got up to like $400 per ticket from scalpers!!

Sorry, not trying to high jack the thread, if you wanna PM them to me to avoid that, pls do!!

-Aito

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: catboosh]
    #12233012 -

catboosh said:
they have  a screen and pretty cool lights.

wish i was into them a coupla years ago,
ive heard thats when they were the best,
but ive also heard good things about their recent tour, IDK
:shrug:


i really enjoyed it




all that matters is that you had fun at the show that you went to.

i also heard very good things about recent shows and that they were putting the laptops down and picking up the instruments more again.

that screen needs to go tho


--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12235121 -

yeah exactly!

no need to compare to something i havnt experienced yet.

if they are bad i cant wait to see them if/when they get better :smile:


--------------------


"Reality is a juxtaposition of beauty and bullshit, sometimes you gotta wade through the bullshit to see the beauty, and the other times the beauty you see is just full of shit."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: catboosh]
    #12235320 -

they are never really "bad" anytime, just not as good as they can be and then people who have seen them a lot call that "bad".


ive only ever had a bad time at sts9 like 1 out of 30+ times


--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12235655 -

I actually like their LED screen in the background.

Last STS9 show I was at they had some sort of melting rainbow visual on the LED screen and it was definitely helping melt my brain. :tripping:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12236146 -

SummerDaisies said:
i have one question tho cause i havent seen them in like a year or so now. Are they still doing that big screen in the background? i hate that thing, i miss the light show in the background with its up.



Yeah I'm not sure about that either.. I saw them two nights at wakarusa last year and two nights in colorado (fillmore and RR).

Then later in the fall of 09 they announced they were getting rid of their light man. All 4 of the shows I saw last year were a mixture of the badass massive foggy light setup that saxton's known for but mixed with that LCD screen right behind the band. I thought the LCD screen was cool at times but at other times I felt it was taking away from the imagery going on.

When they got rid of their light man I kind of wrote sts9 off. They were getting really into playing their PA songs at their regular shows (PA means laptop songs) and the whole thing was kind of moving beyond my taste.

It's good to see they are starting to play a lot of their older songs though. The crowd has changed a bit too since I started seeing them a couple years ago, but that's too be expected if you want to keep moving forward. You've got to appeal to younger people to keep up your following.

But yeah acid and sts9 is a good time.

Be Nice at the Circus and Grow on your Orbital with an Otherwise Formless Dance.


--------------------
ந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ரந=க=ர

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: floatingwater]
    #12236264 -

floatingwater said:
SummerDaisies said:
i have one question tho cause i havent seen them in like a year or so now. Are they still doing that big screen in the background? i hate that thing, i miss the light show in the background with its up.



Yeah I'm not sure about that either.. I saw them two nights at wakarusa last year and two nights in colorado (fillmore and RR).

Then later in the fall of 09 they announced they were getting rid of their light man. All 4 of the shows I saw last year were a mixture of the badass massive foggy light setup that saxton's known for but mixed with that LCD screen right behind the band. I thought the LCD screen was cool at times but at other times I felt it was taking away from the imagery going on.

When they got rid of their light man I kind of wrote sts9 off. They were getting really into playing their PA songs at their regular shows (PA means laptop songs) and the whole thing was kind of moving beyond my taste.

It's good to see they are starting to play a lot of their older songs though. The crowd has changed a bit too since I started seeing them a couple years ago, but that's too be expected if you want to keep moving forward. You've got to appeal to younger people to keep up your following.

But yeah acid and sts9 is a good time.

Be Nice at the Circus and Grow on your Orbital with an Otherwise Formless Dance.




QFT!!!!!!

couldnt have said it any better myself man


--------------------
[quote]Abuse said:
summerfaggot is one of the biggest cunts on this site.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: STS9 while on acid [Re: SummerDaisies]
    #12237516 -

They might start using lazers in the near future...

They had lazers for this show on 2/19/10


I'm all for the lazers and LCD screen. I think it just adds to the show.
:reachforthelasers:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* NOT LOOKING FOR HOOKUP but where is the acid at? RobMarley420 1,906 4 05/27/05 07:24 PM
by RobMarley420
* Acid casualties - need info
( 1 2 3 all )
Tranceport 8,566 43 04/06/14 01:00 PM
by The Doobie Dude
* I am really not much of a fan of bunk acid. HealingVisionary 1,350 7 08/10/05 12:50 PM
by shrum
* anyone got a constant acid hookup? RobMarley420 1,045 1 05/01/05 02:47 PM
by Trainwreck
* What would happen if a blind person took acid?
( 1 2 all )
RobMarley420 3,954 29 10/24/05 08:49 PM
by Koala Koolio
* Acid hangover
( 1 2 all )
Plok 6,374 22 03/01/06 12:48 PM
by Mushroom_Mike
* acid visuals [smile]
( 1 2 all )
HB 8,558 22 09/24/01 09:32 PM
by Anonymous
* Secrets Of An Acid Head - An Essay Jackal 6,959 13 07/30/13 04:56 AM
by Ghostofbillhicks

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
6,937 topic views. 0 members, 8 guests and 44 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.