Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
"Thank you for the interveiw" email * 1
    #12202120 -

I went to an interveiw last week and they said they'll call me

this week for fruther hiring process.  I've heard this gig before several times and got no call.  My question is, how should I state my 'Thank you for the interveiw' letter, without cutting it all off(just in case they really do call me)?

I dont have thier number, just address.

"John,

I would like to thank you for the interview last week and I would like to let you know that I am still interested in the job.

Sincerely, Johny"

I would spellcheck of course.


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12202136 -

you gotta learn how to make a knot before you can finish your tie


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: deCypher]
    #12202152 -

The guy said that he would have someone call me this week to talk aboit scheduling, wage, SS card...  But I've heard this all before...


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12202161 -

holy shit you mean I can make money off this??!


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: deCypher]
    #12202170 -

It needs to be relevant to the position.

Something along the lines of:

"Thank you for the opportunity to visit..."

"I feel I'd be a good fit for the company..."

"My skill set closely matches..."

"I enjoyed meeting with everyone...".

and ending with "let me know if you have any further questions or need any other info..."

Make sure you do it in a professional format, obviously typed.  Signed at the bottom with all your contact info.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Edited by badchad (03/14/10 06:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: deCypher]
    #12202171 -

Mr. Cypher said:
you gotta learn how to make a knot before you can finish your tie



Are you saying that I should wait until after this week to send this email?


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12202176 -

yes


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: deCypher]
    #12202213 -

What did you mean about making money off of it?


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12202216 -

what did you mean by an interview?  :satansmoking:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: deCypher]
    #12202266 -

Coaster, is that you?  :confused:


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12202269 -

:coaster:


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: deCypher]
    #12202384 -

I always drop the line

"if you need any further info or have any follow up questions about my resume or our meeting, I would be happy to talk with you again."

Something like that, not worded well, but you get the idea.


--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: ShockValue]
    #12202439 -

ShockValue said:
I always drop the line

"if you need any further info or have any follow up questions about my resume or our meeting, I would be happy to talk with you again."

Something like that, not worded well, but you get the idea.



This.

:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12205393 -

The problem I'm having is...he said he would call me this week to set up a more formal interview where we discuss wage and schedule, so if I email him, I'm affraid it might make me look like I dont pay attention or didn't listen to him when he said that.

I'm confused on what to do...


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12205455 -

he was probably optimistic about how fast he would respond and will still be in touch, maybe a couple days late. 

i wouldn't wait a real long time to send a thank you email.  if i got a thank you email a whole week later i would just think the candidate wanted to ask "what's up?" but didn't have the nerve.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: moeshroom]
    #12205474 -

Its been almost a week and I thanked him towards the end of the interview.  Im just going to wait for that call.


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12208748 -

No call today.  Im a bit worried they wont call.  Someone sooth my tension with words of future sucess.


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12208756 -

I have a friend who posts with his Iphone!


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: "Thank you for the interveiw" email [Re: UniversalParadox]
    #12213993 -

I emailed him back this week and asked when he would like to meet again.


--------------------
xM��
� �V� �c�R��H�P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Interview with Ripple
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Jenny 7,194 67 08/10/13 07:42 AM
by vinsue
* Very good interveiw with Jerry Garcia LeastResistance 3,216 10 02/20/05 04:25 PM
by LeastResistance
* PK interveiws RAW LeastResistance 407 0 02/18/05 04:54 PM
by LeastResistance
* An Interview with Gillette you absolutely must read
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 5,399 35 04/27/05 07:34 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Just got an email: "Looking for a drug dealer interview" Gumby 684 7 01/23/09 04:49 PM
by Learyfan
* Adrug ~ Yes I'm "doing" a girl this time (Interview inside)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
World Spirit 6,761 64 09/12/05 06:59 PM
by ivi
* KristiMidocean ~ An interview with Enter and...
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 5,114 33 04/24/05 01:56 AM
by KristiMidocean
* Interview with Psychotron.....
( 1 2 all )
OldSpice 3,275 21 06/08/04 05:13 PM
by OldSpice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
676 topic views. 6 members, 46 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.