Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
ROOMATE!!!
    #11273224 -

So I made friends with this kid last year in college when all I cared about was getting fucked up. We decided to room together this year. Now I actually care about other things like school, being a part of the community etc. He still just wants to get fucked up.

My stoner roommate just sits around with his stoner friends all day and they get stoned and eat my food and leave the lights on and blast the heat at 75 while I'm making a concious effort to conserve all the energy and money that I can. I just lock myself in my room when they come over. It's all I can do to keep from strangling them all one at a time.

I'm not real thrilled about the crowd of kids I'm in with right now but I'm too nice to tell them off or just move out. ARGGGGH!!!!  :murder:

Edited by _myconaut_ (10/18/09 07:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: _myconaut_]
    #11273240 -

whos name is on the lease? kick him out, or leave yourself. if you leave, he may not be able to pay the bills. or just have a talk with him telling him you've got shit to take care of and cant handle the party like 24/7


--------------------

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
-George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: _myconaut_]
    #11273241 -

Quote:
blast the heat at 75



I fucking hate that. My bro blasts his heat all the time and it's highly uncomfortable. I would much rather feel a bit chilly


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: _myconaut_]
    #11273269 -

_myconaut_ said:
So I made friends with this kid last year in college when all I cared about was getting fucked up. We decided to room together this year. Now I actually care about other things like school, being a part of the community etc. He still just wants to get fucked up.

My stoner roommate just sits around with his stoner friends all day and they get stoned and eat my food and leave the lights on and blast the heat at 75 while I'm making a concious effort to conserve all the energy and money that I can. I just lock myself in my room when they come over. It's all I can do to keep from strangling them all one at a time.

I'm not real thrilled about the crowd of kids I'm in with right now but I'm too nice to tell them off or just move out. ARGGGGH!!!!  :murder:




Dear Too Nice To Kick Out,

It sounds like you need to have regular "house meetings"  with your roomate, to bring up issues that you both have with each other.

You can get those bad feelings off of your chest, and he can vent some things right back atcha... Then you can meet in the middle, like China & Tibet!  (without the communist regime, though, of course.)

So propose a Family Meeting at a time when you both can be there, and he can not be stoned (or maybe let him get more stoned, so he is a bit more compassionate :wink: )

Yours truly,
Ask Casil

:todcasil:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: Todcasil]
    #11273273 -

^^^ yea prolly a good ider


--------------------
:dj:
:banana::superbanana::redbanana::bananamusic::celery::rastana::hitlerdance:
          :ass::paradisiscoolwhat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11273282 -

I would suggest trying to show them the way to a more fulfilling life, and showing them how their greedy consumption of resources does nothing good for the world, and show them that they should be concerned about making the world a better place for everybody instead of just themselves.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: Todcasil]
    #11273284 -

quit ya whining, its not a tumor.  :ranchydance:


--------------------
   
My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: fatso]
    #11273294 -

fatso said:
quit ya whining, its not a tumor.  :ranchydance:



On second thought, a cake in the sink is better then a wart on your balls :shrug:

Count your blessings _myconaught_  :wink:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: fatso]
    #11273297 -

Smitington said:
I would suggest trying to show them the way to a more fulfilling life, and showing them how their greedy consumption of resources does nothing good for the world, and show them that they should be concerned about making the world a better place for everybody instead of just themselves.



Yea I make those subtle hints... he doesn't catch them


--------------------
:dj:
:banana::superbanana::redbanana::bananamusic::celery::rastana::hitlerdance:
          :ass::paradisiscoolwhat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: _myconaut_]
    #11273324 -

_myconaut_ said:
Smitington said:
I would suggest trying to show them the way to a more fulfilling life, and showing them how their greedy consumption of resources does nothing good for the world, and show them that they should be concerned about making the world a better place for everybody instead of just themselves.



Yea I make those subtle hints... he doesn't catch them



Subtle little hints that are fueled by irritation are called Passive Agressive behavior.


oh and I will add that those subtle little hints are either a) going unnoticed or b) working against you through double secret agent spite.


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Edited by lukeboots (10/18/09 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: lukeboots]
    #11273352 -

Yea I'm pretty passive agressive it's a habit I'm trying to fix. I have issues with conflict.
I know I know just stop being a pussy... well that's easier said than done.


--------------------
:dj:
:banana::superbanana::redbanana::bananamusic::celery::rastana::hitlerdance:
          :ass::paradisiscoolwhat:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: _myconaut_]
    #11273371 -

You don't have to be agressive, just don't be all sneaky-angry. Everyone hates that. Work on calming down instead of working on how to be agressive.

Some diplomatic skills won't hurt when you decide to talk to yer roomie though.

In my opinion, you have two options: move out, or accept your condition. It seems doubtful that your roommate is going to change, and giving him the boot will be more difficult than just going your own way. Be careful who you room with. A lot of us have been there. :P


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: lukeboots]
    #11273390 -

lukeboots said:
You don't have to be agressive, just don't be all sneaky-angry. Everyone hates that. Work on calming down instead of working on how to be agressive.

Some diplomatic skills won't hurt when you decide to talk to yer roomie though.

In my opinion, you have two options: move out, or accept your condition. It seems doubtful that your roommate is going to change, and giving him the boot will be more difficult than just going your own way. Be careful who you room with. A lot of us have been there. :P



woo!  :thumbup:

You should start a Shroomery Column (one of my dreams :wink: ) "Ask Lukeboots"


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: Todcasil]
    #11273417 -

Lol ya, I've been there.  Fortunately the roommate wasnt home a lot of the time.  I couldn't have handled it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: Todcasil]
    #11273444 -

Todcasil said:
lukeboots said:
You don't have to be agressive, just don't be all sneaky-angry. Everyone hates that. Work on calming down instead of working on how to be agressive.

Some diplomatic skills won't hurt when you decide to talk to yer roomie though.

In my opinion, you have two options: move out, or accept your condition. It seems doubtful that your roommate is going to change, and giving him the boot will be more difficult than just going your own way. Be careful who you room with. A lot of us have been there. :P



woo!  :thumbup:

You should start a Shroomery Column (one of my dreams :wink: ) "Ask Lukeboots"



wanna be my ghost writer? :laugh:


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: lukeboots]
    #11273455 -

lukeboots said:
Todcasil said:
lukeboots said:
You don't have to be agressive, just don't be all sneaky-angry. Everyone hates that. Work on calming down instead of working on how to be agressive.

Some diplomatic skills won't hurt when you decide to talk to yer roomie though.

In my opinion, you have two options: move out, or accept your condition. It seems doubtful that your roommate is going to change, and giving him the boot will be more difficult than just going your own way. Be careful who you room with. A lot of us have been there. :P



woo!  :thumbup:

You should start a Shroomery Column (one of my dreams :wink: ) "Ask Lukeboots"



wanna be my ghost writer? :laugh:




I'd be the BEST ghost writer!!

Man, I don't know if you know me, but you sure seem to know me.

:todcasil:

I'll petition you in the Website Announcements and Feed Back Forum :thumbup:

:strokebeard:


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: Todcasil]
    #11273465 -

KICK THE FUCKER TO THE CURB---DONT RUIN YOUR LIFE! Cause it will, if you let it.


--------------------
The future is unwritten
:evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: amberdragonswan]
    #11273512 -

amberdragonswan said:
KICK THE FUCKER TO THE CURB---DONT RUIN YOUR LIFE! Cause it will, if you let it.



:omgz:

Well, it could be true, I suppose.


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: ROOMATE!!! [Re: Todcasil]
    #11273651 -

i see the only way out of this is to kill your roommate and stage an elaborate hoax ala weekend at Burnies


--------------------
Who you jivin' with that cosmic debris?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My roomate and/or friends steal my stash
( 1 2 all )
baraka 3,598 26 08/25/05 11:30 PM
by MagicalMystery
* I think my roomate has a coke habit... FunkyLoFi 2,938 14 07/17/06 02:47 PM
by Schwip
* Just moved into an apartment and figured out roomate is in criminal justice/psychology...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Poptart 6,424 112 01/07/11 07:59 PM
by Bodhi of Ankou
* My new roomate is the freshman year NARC!!!!! Just my fucking luck!!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RedNucleus 11,491 86 05/28/08 01:36 AM
by Gastronomicus
* I hate my roomates taste in music.
( 1 2 all )
Tedwilto 2,965 30 11/23/09 04:37 PM
by DeathCompany
* Roomates Ex just broke my window.. aZombie 825 18 05/25/14 09:25 AM
by TheApprentice
* frustrating roomate xxsoultonesxx 1,435 14 01/29/05 12:23 PM
by i_rage_against
* POLL: did my roomate steal 1000$ from me
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
CubensisCutter 5,033 89 07/24/09 12:40 AM
by unretarded

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,682 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 98 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.