Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF Flag
bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine
    #11264000 - 10/17/09 04:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/bill-maher-vs-the-flu-vaccine/

Quote:

Mr. Maher questioned letting someone stick “a disease into your arm,” wrongly implying that the flu shot contains a live virus. The flu shot is a killed vaccine. (Only the nasal mist vaccine contains a weakened live virus.)

He said he did not believe that healthy people were vulnerable to dying from the new H1N1 virus. This contradicts statements from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that young, healthy people from ages 5 to 24 appear particularly vulnerable to this flu. About a third of the 76 children who have died of H1N1 since April have had no underlying health problems.

Mr. Maher also discouraged pregnant women from getting vaccinated. Studies show pregnant women are among the most vulnerable to serious complications from H1N1.

:macdre:

Also, on the issue of personal health I have heard Maher suggest that if you exercise and keep the right diet you will never get sick. Anyone will agree that diet and exercise help maintain good health but Maher is in complete denial about how viruses and bacteria work. No matter how healthy your lifestyle is, not only can you get you sick, you will get sick and eventually die. He says shit like if people stopped eating bullshit they wouldn't get sick. Sorry Bill, yes they would, they would just be older when it happened. I swear to God I think he hasn't come to terms with death. Maybe it has something to do with his atheism. Bad news motherfuckers, if you live long enough and nothing else gets you cancer eventually will. Your cells will start fucking up and mutating incorrectly no matter what. And if that doesn't get you your lungs will give out or your heart or your kidneys or your liver, they will all wear out, disease and die. It's part of being a biological entity. Death is upon on us.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11264018 - 10/17/09 04:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I haven't been sick in about 2 years. :shrug:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Edited by blewmeanie (10/17/09 05:28 AM)

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #11264044 - 10/17/09 05:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

:futuramamario:  :orly:  :sarsgirl:

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: The_Ghost]
    #11264051 - 10/17/09 05:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

The_Ghost said:

Is that like, you put little pictures up because you can't think of anything to say?

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #11264052 - 10/17/09 05:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i'm sure he's being hyperbolic when he says you will never get sick.  but with a healthy lifestyle, it can sure seem like you never get sick.  healthy bodies have healthy immune systems.  healthy immune systems are more apt at fighting off bacterial and viral infections.  :shrug:

i think he's right to advise otherwise healthy individuals not to get the flu shot.  we have several shroomerites who got it and were perfectly fine.  it's just a normal flu that, in rare cases, does have a chance of death if left untreated.  much like any other illness if left untreated.  and it's only a minuscule chance.  over-vaccination is not the answer.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #11264055 - 10/17/09 05:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

The_Ghost said:

Is that like, you put little pictures up because you can't think of anything to say?

A picture says a thousand words  MAN.

tiny_rabid_birds sums my view up tho.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#11264063 - 10/17/09 05:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wait.......are you trying to say that eating right and exercising won't help you fight off illness?

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: niteowl]
    #11264070 - 10/17/09 05:14 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Wait.......are you trying to say that eating right and exercising won't help you fight off illness?

No, of course it will, I'm just saying that ultimately illness will finally win, no matter what you do. If you listen to him, he acts like if you eat right and stay fit you'll never get sick. That's moronic. Not only does everyone get sick, everyone gets so sick that they die, eventually.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

OfflinePhychotron
Crazy Mofo
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In A Forest Of Colossal F...
Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: blewmeanie]
    #11264073 - 10/17/09 05:18 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the school sent me a link to a survey about the swine flu.  It asked very dumb questions that forced a specific answer, like  "to you knowledge, how many people have been diagnosed with the swine flu" or other 'suspected rumors' presented from the news media. It was disappointing because whomever conducted the survey did not include a "i have no idea, i dont watch the news or keep up with these events" answer.  (shroomery equability of STAL)

it went on to ask about hearsay around campus and whatnot. I felt it was an invalid survey since it did not mention an "out" to any answer it asked.

That said, if bill maher is advising with completely wrong information, i have to say that it is a common problem amongst people. They feel one way, yet the experts say differently. These experts are paid the same regardless of who sells what vaccine. The CDC is not just america's safeguard, they are a world respected organization of top notch biologist who study the facts. It's easy to dispute the facts with opinion, failing to recognize the facts.

i never like bill, as he always seemed "too hardcore" for or against an issue.

--------------------
On a mission to prove that the truth gets you no where.
They tried the truth, It didn't work. Then they wrote the bible. 

Only the foolish fear the inevitable.

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: Phychotron]
    #11264082 - 10/17/09 05:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phychotron said:

if bill maher is advising with completely wrong information, i have to say that it is a common problem amongst people. They feel one way, yet the experts say differently. These experts are paid the same regardless of who sells what vaccine. The CDC is not just america's safeguard, they are a world respected organization of top notch biologist who study the facts. It's easy to dispute the facts with opinion, failing to recognize the facts.

:thumbup: thank you

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#11264137 - 10/17/09 05:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think that Bill was just saying that eating right and exercising
is more effective at preventing illness than taking a shot.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: niteowl]
    #11264171 - 10/17/09 06:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:

It's actually really not what he's saying. I wish it were though because I want to like the guy.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #11264405 - 10/17/09 08:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
Quote:

niteowl said:

It's actually really not what he's saying. I wish it were though because I want to like the guy.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11264465 - 10/17/09 08:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/13/bill-maher-vs-the-flu-vaccine/

Quote:

Mr. Maher questioned letting someone stick �a disease into your arm,� wrongly implying that the flu shot contains a live virus. The flu shot is a killed vaccine. (Only the nasal mist vaccine contains a weakened live virus.)

He said he did not believe that healthy people were vulnerable to dying from the new H1N1 virus. This contradicts statements from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that young, healthy people from ages 5 to 24 appear particularly vulnerable to this flu. About a third of the 76 children who have died of H1N1 since April have had no underlying health problems.

Mr. Maher also discouraged pregnant women from getting vaccinated. Studies show pregnant women are among the most vulnerable to serious complications from H1N1.

:macdre:

Also, on the issue of personal health I have heard Maher suggest that if you exercise and keep the right diet you will never get sick. Anyone will agree that diet and exercise help maintain good health but Maher is in complete denial about how viruses and bacteria work. No matter how healthy your lifestyle is, not only can you get you sick, you will get sick and eventually die. He says shit like if people stopped eating bullshit they wouldn't get sick. Sorry Bill, yes they would, they would just be older when it happened. I swear to God I think he hasn't come to terms with death. Maybe it has something to do with his atheism. Bad news motherfuckers, if you live long enough and nothing else gets you cancer eventually will. Your cells will start fucking up and mutating incorrectly no matter what. And if that doesn't get you your lungs will give out or your heart or your kidneys or your liver, they will all wear out, disease and die. It's part of being a biological entity. Death is upon on us.

I strongly doubt Mahr thinks people are eternal as you are implying...

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11264472 - 10/17/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: Rocker232]
    #11264480 - 10/17/09 08:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like OP got assfucked by Mahr in the past, and is on a PR campaign to smite his image.  Really gettin worked up about what a talk show host says on TV, 'eh?  I for one happen to agree with one of Bill's ideas --- FUUUUUCK gettin this H1n1 shot. 

I'm sorry, but I won't go injecting any old concoction the gov't throws together in three months to battle some mysterios flu that is causing rates not statistically significantly different from those rates generated by normal everyday illnesses.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: memes]
    #11264503 - 10/17/09 09:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah any ant-vaccine propaganda is cool with me.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Re: bill maher completely idiotic about flu vaccine [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11264513 - 10/17/09 09:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dr_gonz said:
I think you should have a look at the people of Okinawa.

They live longer than Americans. Then they get sick and die.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #11264515 - 10/17/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I occasionally like Bill Maher's political commentary, but his views on diet and health are way off.  The guy's a huge PETA supporter, too.

--------------------

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11264518 - 10/17/09 09:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Are you really suggesting that Bill Maher thinks eating healthy will make you immortal?

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale