Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OnlineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Bill Maher - "Dope" (mp3)
    #3983172 - 03/29/05 01:51 AM (12 years, 2 days ago)

This is the segment from the audio book version of Bill Maher's "When You Ride Alone, You Ride With Bin Laden". It's about the politics of the drug war. A favorite quote of mine is in reference to the government's media campain tying drug use and terrorism together when he says "You actually do more to support Al Quaeda by driving when you go out to pick up your drugs." I love Bill Maher. He is the man. Discuss......

Bill Maher - "Dope"
7.33mb / 8:00

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Remaining Few - Painted Air

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblethepodman
Pod King

Loc: Pod Nightmare
Re: Bill Maher - "Dope" (mp3) [Re: Learyfan]
    #3985944 - 03/29/05 05:13 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

downloading now :thumbup:

--------------------
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
"Hey daddy, president Bush tried marijuana, I think I will."

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Maher - "Dope" (mp3) [Re: thepodman]
    #3986025 - 03/29/05 05:44 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Tell me what you think.

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3986421 - 03/29/05 08:03 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

"you just want to be famous and are too ugly for show buisness"

lol, you have to listen to the mp3 to understand, but damn that's funny.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3986611 - 03/29/05 08:43 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I'm stoned.
I'm listening to Eric CLapton and Buddy GUy.  They aight.  I say everything gon be alright.
It is a shame the way marijuana makes life better and worse all at once.  I believe that you pay for it, like you pay for everything.  I believe that inspiration comes and goes, and resolve comes and gos too.  My friend came by from another state, and dropped a big nug on me for free and my reaction was sweet and you bastard at the same time.  I remember someone saying on the physical and mental help board a while ago, I think it was China Doll, that heroine is insidious because it makes junkies try to prevent their drug circle to stop using, sort of doing it to them subconsciously, making them offer, enabling, all of that.  You know, but it was really nice of him and I'm definitely grateful for the gift of nuggage but he is a very very smart guy and he is also clinically mental and I wonder if in some ways people in some way bitter people want people to suffer the downside along with the high, just like them.       
This is what i just spent the last 20 minutes doing.  8 minutes playing the orbitz flash ad where you shoot a hockey puck into a goal.  8 minutes listenign to Bill Maher talk about Dope.  8 minutes trying to move a book with my mind.  That didn't work.  This is what happens if you are a druggie.
:nonono: :tongue:

As far as what Bill Maher had to say, yes the govt. was very very stupid with the whole drugs funds terrorism campaign.  "A Junky isn't going to quit because George Bush wants him to."  I don't believe the drug war will ever get dropped unless very very drastic challenges face the country.  Something worse than 9/11.  I believe if environment problems ever come to the forefront there is a chance because people who use natural drugs are the most concerned about those types of problems, and it will come together somehow and elicit more respect from nonsmokers.  I can't wait for the draughts and the rains.  If the themesong of the late 60's was All you Need is Love the theme song of the end is gonna be Aenima by Tool.  Keep these Mp3s coming, they're awesome.  If you find any more Charles Manson mp3s those are good too.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OnlineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Bill Maher - "Dope" (mp3) [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3986769 - 03/29/05 09:16 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I've been thinking about what he said about the vicious circle concerning drug politics.  It's fucked up that no politician can ever suggest a more compassionate stance with reguard to drugs.  If they do, they will be labelled as being "soft on drugs", which fucks up their campaign.  :mad2:

BTW, please tell me you don't think Charles Manson is cool.

P.S.,  go to the page to see a video of Bill Maher at the 2002 NORML conference, as well as a video by Jesse Ventura for the conference.

--------------------

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3987291 - 03/29/05 10:36 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

I don't think he's cool but I think he's demented and I like listening to what demented people have to say.

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3987369 - 03/29/05 10:52 PM (12 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I've been thinking about what he said about the vicious circle concerning drug politics.  It's fucked up that no politician can ever suggest a more compassionate stance with reguard to drugs.  If they do, they will be labelled as being "soft on drugs", which fucks up their campaign.  :mad2:

It's completely true. It's what politics revolves around these days; punish those who attempt to take a stand and reward those who play the game and do all they can to further their warped platform.

Then again, looking at our current administration, perhaps the problem also is that there are people who are taking a stand.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub