Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineesp0791
Skinny
Male

Loc: Long Island
ideas for a tattoo
    #11215734 - 10/09/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I want to express my love for these three things: Weed, Mushrooms, and Music.

My idea is to have one picture representing all three, kind of like they are all seamlessly tied together. An example of what I mean is the Sublime Sun Shroom on the cover of their album, I just think it's really great how they tied a sun and shroom together to make it look...well, seamless. I already have a tattoo of Pink Floyd but with a treble clef tied in, so a different symbol for music would be ideal for me. I am not asking for pictures or anything, I am really good with photo shop so any ideas that are descriptive I will most likely be able to recreate in my own image in photo shop. I just seem to have a case of tattoo block right now, so any ideas would be great.

Thanks...

--------------------
Peace and Love:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: ideas for a tattoo [Re: esp0791]
    #11215765 - 10/09/09 02:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I did a mushroom patch design a while back on a pizza box that I thought would make a cool tattoo.

The eyes were glowing red slits and the stem was composed of fangs.

Add some pot leaf hands holding a boombox?

That's what I'd do.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

InvisibleDynoo
-
 User Gallery

Loc: - Flag
Re: ideas for a tattoo [Re: Wasteland]
    #11216272 - 10/09/09 03:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How bout waveforms that shape themselves into a mushroom and weed leaf?

--------------------
-

Offlineesp0791
Skinny
Male

Loc: Long Island
Re: ideas for a tattoo [Re: Dynoo]
    #11216358 - 10/09/09 04:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Waveforms are actually a badass idea. I just hope people wouldn't confuse them for a life monitoring signal of some sort that you would find in a hospital.

--------------------
Peace and Love:mushroom2:

OfflineNejinmy
Stranger

#11325713 - 10/26/09 04:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

freddy krueger

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #11325734 - 10/26/09 04:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

esp0791 said:
Waveforms are actually a badass idea. I just hope people wouldn't confuse them for a life monitoring signal of some sort that you would find in a hospital.

There's a checker at my grocery store that has a waveform tattoo, it looks pretty rad. I haven't asked him what song it's from yet.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

InvisibleCyanicist
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11328479 - 10/26/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've yet to understand the reason for most people getting tattoos.  From what I see, most of it can be traced back to pride.

Edit: I'm not dogging anyone here... just let that be known.

Edited by Cyanicist (10/27/09 12:42 AM)

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
Re: ideas for a tattoo [Re: Cyanicist]
    #11329543 - 10/27/09 02:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Cyanicist said:
I've yet to understand the reason for most people getting tattoos.  From what I see, most of it can be traced back to pride.

Edit: I'm not dogging anyone here... just let that be known.

well how about someone getting a meaningful phrase or piece of art as a tattoo. something that is meaningful to them and will not lose significance with maturation. or a memorial piece for a lost/gained loved one. do you see that as pride inspired?

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

InvisibleCyanicist
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: ideas for a tattoo [Re: zombi]
    #11329671 - 10/27/09 04:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sure.  There are exceptions, of course, specifically with what you've mentioned.  Moreso with a lost loved one or something to that degree.

But why does one feel the need to put it on their body?  If it's a phrase or something, why don't you try living by it instead of showing it?  What's the purpose of putting in on the body?  So you can look at it in the mirror every morning to remind you of it's significance?  Are you lost without it?  Will you forget?  Or an art piece... Why put someone else's artwork on your body?  Even if it's your own artwork, I still have to ask "Why?".  Do people think that's "expressing yourself"?  In my head, it's expressing pretentiousness and conformity.

The tattoo trend that's been increasing since the latter half of the last century is rooted heavily in pride, man.  It's ostentation by definition and design.  And even within the last 20 years, the rate has been exponential.  Why?  Because tattoos, first and foremost, are "cool".  Everyone has a tattoo... Everyone thinks a tattoo is just "self-expression".  And in this American-globalized culture, where nowadays narcissism, decadence and depravity are becoming accepted norms, you can see how I have little faith in the purity of the everyday Joe's motives.  Fuck "Joe".  "Joe" needs to wake up.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag