Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Schedule for the rest of October
    #11175011 -

10/5 - Butthole Surfers
10/6 - Them Crooked Vultures
10/8 - BB King
10/9 - Rakim
10/10 - Dinosaur Jr.
10/11 - David Cross
10/12 - Wilco
10/13 - The Mars Volta
10/14 - Times New Viking
10/15 - STS9
10/17 - TV Ghost
10/19 - Andrew Bird and St. Vincent
10/20 - Mastodon
10/23 - Papadosio
10/25 - Atlas Sound
10/27 - Gogol Bordello (sorry, Leonard Cohen)

If I can make it to every one I will be very happy.
This is the best mont, and best fall, concert lineup since I've been in Columbus. Really good for not being a major city.
There are a few other big acts coming that I'm not interested in as well. (Jay Z, STP, MILEY CYRUS FUCK YEAH!)

Edit: I left out the question part that makes this a thread with real discussion.
Any good concerts this you guys are looking forward to in your area?


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11175047 -

im going to Them Crooked Vultures Oct 12....and then Pearl Jam at the legendary Philadelphia Spectrum on Oct 28, 30 and 31st.  The final events to ever take place at the famous arena


--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC


All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11175060 -

Tribe in Indy. Pretty Lights here in town.

I saw Papadosio at a small fest in Muncie a few weeks ago. Never heard of them before, but they rocked my socks off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11175065 -

ROCKTOBER

Here's mine:

10/4 Sufjan Stevens
10/5 Sufjan Stevens
10/6 Sufjan Stevens
10/7 RANA, Chris Hardford, A Big Yes and a Small No, American Babies
10/8 Dinner with mom :smile:
10/10 Hiking the Hudson Valley
10/11 Blitzen Trapper
10/12 Built to Spill
10/13 Built to Spill
10/14 Built to Spill
10/15 Built to Spill, Soulive
10/16 Where The Wild Things Are!
10/17 Built to Spill
10/18 David Bazan
10/20 Bustle in Your Hedgerow
10/21 Leonard Cohen!!!!!!!!!!
10/22 Deer Tick, Ambulance LTD, Sean Bones
10/23 Bob Weir & Ratdog, Portugal the Man, STS9
10/24 Bob Weir & Ratdog, Rain Machine (feat. Kyp Malone of TVOTR)
10/26 Vic Chesnutt Band
10/27 Har Mar Superstar
10/29 Justice
10/30 Simian Mobile Disco
10/31 Thievery Corporation


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11175072 -

Edited to change 10/21...I forgot I have 30th row floor seats for LEONARD COHEN!!!!!!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11175082 -

Science Hill any time they play.

Respect.


--------------------
you just need money to get laid - starfire_xes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: DNKYD]
    #11175098 -

Yeah I saw 'em for the first time last month, they play here a lot (I think they're from Athens, OH.)
One of the best $7-$10 dollar shows I've ever been to.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11175209 -

And since my Pixies tickets just got here I'll add a November date to the list.

11/20 - Pixies at Aragon Ballroom in Chicago :woot:


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11175235 -

Portugal the man with bob weir...and sts9....


Thats a weird trio of bands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: vandago]
    #11175248 -

Gogol bordello is sweet as fuck BTW, I danced my ass off for them in NJ, and the drummer 'complimented' me on it afterwards :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: vandago]
    #11175282 -

vandago said:
Portugal the man with bob weir...and sts9....


Thats a weird trio of bands.



Three different venues, one fun night.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #11175543 -

Oohhh right on.


I'm thinkin...... old heads......dancing jam techno kids.......and a lot younger uninformed crowd not really into drugs.........Bringin people together!





Not really too into weir, the other two would be sweet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: vandago]
    #11176630 -

i used to live in columbus right by a place called the newport (i think). they always had some solid bands coming into town.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: biff]
    #11176705 -

Yeah the Newport is the shit.
That's where about half those shows are gonna be.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11176750 -

jewunit said:
Yeah I saw 'em for the first time last month, they play here a lot (I think they're from Athens, OH.)
One of the best $7-$10 dollar shows I've ever been to.



yeah. they played halloween here last year, it was epic.

where do you guys get the money to go to shows every day of the month :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11176809 -

You like The Mars Volta!?


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11177204 -

Nope.

I just want to see Pridgen. Guy is too fucking good.
Plus I'm the kinda guy that will go to a show or listen to a new album in order to fairly talk about how bad a band is.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11177217 -

Figured.  :lol:

Pridgen is a fucking beast.  Watch especially when he plays the gong, pretty tight.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #11177263 -



I'm pretty sure I've posted that at least once before, but whatever. The whole thing is sick, but especially so for the last minute.

Cross sticking around 2:45 is retarded. Blows my mind. And he knows he's too good haha.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Schedule for the rest of October [Re: jewunit]
    #11177281 -

We tried to sell mushrooms to him at the Red Rocks show.  :lol:

He declined, had something to do later on.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* sufjan stevens Krishna 746 12 09/07/05 12:40 PM
by Noetical
* Sufjan Stevens - new album of B-sides from Illinoise OneMoreRobot3021 1,131 10 04/08/06 10:34 AM
by blissedout
* Chicago - Sufjan Stevens, please listen ZippoZM 394 2 11/14/08 02:55 AM
by polantis
* Sufjan Stevens OneMoreRobot3021 565 5 11/19/05 03:45 PM
by Krishna
* sufjan stevens... Drewwyann 1,140 13 12/08/07 08:26 AM
by TheFakeSunRa
* Would someone make my day and upload some sufjan stevens ?? ZippoZM 811 6 05/07/07 11:43 PM
by tiny_rabid_birds
* I really like Sufjan Stevens Noetical 572 4 09/07/05 12:54 PM
by Noetical
* New Sufjan Stevens CD Lion 213 1 11/17/10 04:33 PM
by blewmeanie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,147 topic views. 5 members, 29 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.