Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Water Fluoridation
    #11032720 - 09/10/09 06:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Is water fluoridation really as bad for you as some people claim it is? Why does the US government waste so much money fluoridating our water? Since when did the government care that much about our teeth?

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: NlightNd1]
    #11032854 - 09/10/09 07:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Here is what Alex Jones has to say about water fluoridation. Are his statements accurate about water fluoridation?

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
    #11032936 - 09/10/09 08:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Alex Jones is a sensationalist windbag.  You can't make a coherent argument against water fluoridation based on paranoia and conspiracy (which is all blowhards like Jones are capable of doing). 

As with all things, it is the cost/benefit ratio that should be examined.  I've briskly overviewed the case both for and against fluoridation, and it seems pretty evident that fluoridation in such small amounts is safe and effective against tooth decay. 

I think the only acceptable argument against fluoridation of tap water is that it is 'mass-medication', which is unethical.  We wouldn't have such deranged decent against it if it were voluntary; if you don't want it, then you should be able to opt out.  That would be win-win.  Regardless of whether you are talking about fluoride or any public issue, a voluntary system breeds less discontent and division than a mandatory one.  Some people might be more ill-effected by fluoride than others, and they have a right to avoid the medication.

Try wikipedia as a better first-stop in researching this matter further; it will help you to base your opinion around facts and evidence (read the referenced articles for more in-depth), rather than the emotional prattle and paranoia based opinions of Jones and such.

--------------------

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: Minstrel]
    #11032955 - 09/10/09 08:37 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Minstrel said:
Alex Jones is a sensationalist windbag.  You can't make a coherent argument against water fluoridation based on paranoia and conspiracy (which is all blowhards like Jones are capable of doing).

Yeah a couple parts in that video made me want to :facepalm:

Thanks for your response. I need to research this further.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#11033715 - 09/10/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Contrary to the mantra of many of the members here with a persecution complex, the govt. does do things to help the citizens.  They often bungle it up with incompetence, but the intent is to help.

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11034012 - 09/10/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I really don't have much to add on the subject but I am curious if the British do Water Fluoridation?  Seriously, is the lack of this treatment what makes them look like they ate a bowl of gravel every morning?

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: Stein]
    #11034722 - 09/10/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ffs stein, i'm having some serious back pain atm (waiting for pills to be ready) and i knew better than to read your post.  all i had to see was british and i knew it was gonna hurt.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #11035209 - 09/10/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This is actually something I have done some research on and while some claims are exaggerated, there is evidence that at best fluoridating water is unnecessary.  There is a benefit to using fluoride but we get all we need from toothpaste, and then it isn't ingested.  It's already present in many vegetables and fruits, and particularly high in a few of them such as green tea.

Somewhat disconcertingly, the fluoride used to treat our water supply is a waste product, mainly from the fertilizer industry. 

Stop listening to Alex Jones and go and do some research for yourself.  I wouldn't believe anything he has to say.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11036115 - 09/10/09 06:58 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NlightNd1 said:
Is water fluoridation really as bad for you as some people claim it is? Why does the US government waste so much money fluoridating our water? Since when did the government care that much about our teeth?

How much money does the US government spend on fluoridating our water?  I don't think the federal government has jack shit to do with most of the water produced in the country.  They definitely have nothing to do with my water.

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: ChuangTzu]
    #11036358 - 09/10/09 07:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Do you use city water or are you on a well?

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: Stein]
    #11036681 - 09/10/09 08:46 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

that is a easy question.  how many people have water wells and internet?  extra bonus points if they r from mississippi.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: iateshaggy]
    #11036692 - 09/10/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I get my water from the city.  What does the federal government have to do with that?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: ChuangTzu]
    #11037195 - 09/10/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

They have nothing to do with as you implied.  There is no federal law requiring fluoridation and it's left up to municipalities and water companies to do it.  Not all public water services have fluoridated water.

I'm not sure, but I think those companies that provide the fluoride may even pay the companies to take the fluoride.  Otherwise, they would have to dispose of it as hazardous waste and cost them a lot money.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

OfflinePookztA
Medical Student

Loc: Illinois
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #11045793 - 09/12/09 10:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

In my opinion, flouride is only good when it is placed on teeth externally (like when you visit the dentist), but not when swallowed / ingested . It still can be good for teeth when ingested because it passes over the teeth. However, when ingested, flouride has negative consequences for our health, according to evidence gathered over the past 2-3 years. see for yourself:

link to evidence: http://www.fluoridealert.org/2007research/01.html - Flouride's effect on the developing brain (2007)

other findings and research on Flouride: http://www.fluoridealert.org/health/

I bet flouride has contributed to the wellness of our teeth to some degree, but it most likely is also negatively impacting our health, according to recent evidence.

Just my 2cents...

-Abe

--------------------
Abrahm
Spreading Psytrance & Love in the Midwest USA

Expand Your Consciousness. :mushroomgrow:

:peace: 9/11 Challenge: Explain the Evidence http://pookzta.blogspot.com

InvisibleMinstrel
Man of Science
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hogtown
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: PookztA]
    #11046262 - 09/12/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Consider that there are parts of the world where the groundwater contains actually more natural dissolved fluoride than the city water.  It's not like fluoride is some new environmental pollutant never before seen in nature (like tetrachlorodibenzodioxin or polychlorinated biphenyls).  Life has evolved along side this stuff, and we are hardy enough to take the punch. 

I think we have a great many more things to worry about making us stupid or unhealthy, and we certainly don't need any help from our friendly halogens for that.  :tongue2:

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: Minstrel]
    #11051210 - 09/13/09 10:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Look the level of fluorine used in fluoridation leads in a percentage of people to visible damage to the teeth (mottled enamel) which is fluorosis, mild chronic fluoride poisoning.

If it alters the structure of the teeth VISIBLY, and almost the full dose ends up in your stomach, its naive to think there won't be systemic effects.

Its unacceptable to fluoridate the drinking water bacause you force the general population to take a drug which many dont want.

Its unacceptable to fluoridate the drinking water because almost all of the drug which should be applied to the teeth, is ingested instead where it is harmful.

Its unacceptable to fluoridate the drinking water because not even a milligram per gram of the fluoride gets in contact with the teeth, the rest goes down the drain when you shower, flush the toilet, wash the car or your clothing. It is wasteful to burden the environment with a drug haphazardly, with only a few parts per million of the drug ending up where it should be and the rest dumped into the environment.

If you want to protect teeth, you send every household a big important brochure on why its good for them containing a coupon they can drop in the maiblox to recieve a free jar of 10.000 fluoride tablets per household. This approach is immensely less wasteful and assures the fluoride is applied locally, not systemically.

Its unacceptable to fluoridate the drinking water, plain and simple.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (09/13/09 10:54 AM)

Invisibleexplosiveoxygen
Prophet of TGMM

Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: Asante]
    #11068328 - 09/16/09 05:36 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

The path to hell is paved with good intentions.

--------------------
The Great Mycelium (TGMM) is more than you and me, we are all part of One.

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: explosiveoxygen]
    #11072674 - 09/16/09 08:30 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the real deal.

Fluroide IS A TOXIC WASTE. It's more dangerous than lead, and almost as toxic as arsenic.
Once it enters your body it becomes a part of your bones, and will stay forever. It also calcifies the pineal gland, and is PROVEN to lower IQ in people that consume it, and their offspring.

People say "Well it's in such low doeses that it doesn't matter."
Not true. You drink it, you bathe in it, you inhale it from the steam in your shower, you cook with it, etc... it's practically unavoidable. It costs billions to dispose of it properly, but what's easier is to slowly get rid of it through the water supply. It's a win-win for the elitists, they save money by not having to dispose of it properly, and they try to dumb us down so they can manipulate money and power.

Hitler also used it in his prison camps to make prisoners more susceptible to suggestion, and to make them more lethargic.

This video here is one of the best I've ever seen on fluoride.

The Fluoride Deception:

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

Offlinemushroomhunter10
Jack-Of-All-Trades
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #11072697 - 09/16/09 08:33 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and another thing you should worry about.
Amalgamated fillings for your teeth.

Mercury slowly being absorbed by your teeth/gums, and mercury vapors being inhaled in minute amounts.

There's another one for you.

--------------------
Imagine if you needed it and it wasn't there... GIVE BLOOD
Get a free (PAINLESS) bone marrow testing kit and help save lives HERE.
Jesus if you're reading this, please come back already. We need you now more than ever!
The U.S. Constitution!

Best WBS Tek
EZ Potato-Honey Agar Tek
MY TRADES

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Water Fluoridation [Re: mushroomhunter10]
    #11073455 - 09/16/09 10:25 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushroomhunter10 said:
and is PROVEN to lower IQ in people that consume it, and their offspring.

Source?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order