Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: New bike [Re: NobodyCares]
    #10737088 -

Hello all

I've been searching for the right bike for a while now, and being that I am not experienced, I have no idea where to start.

I'm 6'5, 225 pounds, in my 20's and a former athlete. 

Can anyone who knows a bit about it suggest a bike for me to:
1.  Ride around town, lots of hills, for a good workout.
2.  Something sturdy enough for my height and weight.
3.  Affordable

If any of you can help me I would appreciate it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: stzacrack]
    #10737260 -

I have a Cannondale Quick 4 and I what I like about it is it is fast and nimble but still feels really sturdy, and the seat is comfortable. The other you might consider are Giant bikes as they are really sturdy and seem to be built for people who resemble their brand name.

And to Tyrannicalrex: is that your penis in your signature? It's impressive!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: Klondike]
    #10737462 -

Why...............thank you!:mushroom2:

STZACRACK,the Giant would be good,check out a bike made by them called the "Suede".My 300lb friend rode one and he loved it.Also the Raleigh is a good choice for a low in price but very good quality bike,check out the history of the company and the website.I weigh 210lb and 6'3" tall,and the venture is absolutely great for city or some trail riding.I looked for a suitable lower priced alternative to Cannondale,Trek,etc....the Kona looks good but the Raleigh is about 100 less and still fine quality.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: PDU]
    #10737867 -

PDU said:
That kona Dew looks equally suited for relaxing bike path rides, or ripping through the city. I would definately consider a bike like that in the future!

Good choice OP, KONA is a great brand.



I had never heard of them before I found this bike.

I haven't taken it on a long ride yet, so I'm about to head out on a 12-ish mile bike ride and see how it feels.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10738165 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post your bike 2011
( 1 2 3 4 all )
blewmeanie 4,019 71 07/29/11 03:43 PM
by Anthony
* BikeS !!! I need input.
( 1 2 all )
CounterCulturest 885 20 04/22/11 02:14 AM
by fbi365
* 1986 postie bike on ebay - funny as barbaloot 597 2 05/05/09 06:18 AM
by arbalest
* I'm Building my First Bike!
( 1 2 all )
Maverick 1,188 30 07/06/12 01:01 PM
by Maverick
* Thinking about buying a Bike.
( 1 2 all )
The Phleg 2,121 29 01/14/12 06:23 PM
by The Phleg
* i wiped the fuck out on my mountain bike All We Perceive 692 10 08/19/12 08:35 PM
by Doc_T
* Biking in winter
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MOTH 4,591 72 08/14/08 03:58 AM
by cake is a lie
* It's gettin to be that time of the year. BIKES OUT!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
underfliptown 3,416 62 02/24/12 01:56 PM
by Synapse Trap

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,278 topic views. 1 members, 246 guests and 148 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.