Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
New bike
    #10734831 -

Picked myself up a new bike, upgrading from an electra cruiser I got for my 18th birthday.

It's a Kona Dew.



I wanted a road bike, but didn't want to spend 900 bucks so I opted for a hybrid. It's one smooth ride!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10734854 -

I have a Tek hybrid that's pretty nice. Seems like a fine machine, hybrids are great if you don't want to really invest in an expensive bike.


--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: NobodyCares]
    #10734874 -

Well I would have liked to, but I have recently lost my job so I have to save until something else comes up.

This one should last me a few years.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10734887 -

Not if a mexican steals it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10734890 -

Yeah I had to make a similar decision when I bought my current bike. It was difficult for me to get the funds together for a really nice road bike, and I didn't want to get something crappy and be unhappy with my main mode of transportation. However I do have to say for a second choice my hybrid has held up very well, and I have put some serious wear and tear on it this summer.


--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: NobodyCares]
    #10734908 -

Yeah, it's not like I'm racing or anything anyways, I just need a commuter bike to get around my small, flat college town.

I'm also trying to get in shape so I'm going to try and quit driving as much as possible and only ride this thing.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: DeathCompany]
    #10734909 -

DeathCompany said:
Not if a mexican steals it.



I made sure to buy a nice lock!

My friend left his bike downtown a few weeks ago and someone stole his back tire and the gears. :lol:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10734929 -

:billymaythumbup:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10734952 -

I'm going to steal your bike.:evil:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10734974 -

HELLA_TIGHT said:
Yeah, it's not like I'm racing or anything anyways, I just need a commuter bike to get around my small, flat college town.

I'm also trying to get in shape so I'm going to try and quit driving as much as possible and only ride this thing.



Yep that's exactly what I have mine for as well. I was actually able to get my legs into shape after about 5 days of solid riding to and from work. My commute is about 20 minutes each way, so I wasn't really riding too much. However even after a few weeks of doing that ride 5 or 6 days a week I still feel like my heart and lungs could stand to be a lot stronger. There's this one hill I have coming home that always kicks my ass, and I've set a personal goal to get up it without stopping or getting too out of breath. Hopefully in a couple more weeks I can do it!


--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10734996 -

Glad to see another Shroomery member in the saddle. Keep riding man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #10735017 -

What kind of bike are you riding Gr8?


--------------------
The story goes, or the way that I was told
There was a king that always felt too high and then he fell too low
And so he called all the wise men to the hall
And begged them for a gift to end the rises and the falls
But here’s the thing, they came back with a ring
It was simple and was plainly unbefitting of a king
Engraved in black, it had no front or back
But there were words around the band that said
Just know: This Too Shall Pass


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10735023 -

edit: never mind oops


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: NobodyCares]
    #10735117 -

I ride a mid90s LeMond with Shimano RSX components. I also own a beach cruiser tandem cycle which my wife and I will ride to the beach and/or the bars on weekends.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #10735361 -

this is mine. hybrids ftw



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: Neuron]
    #10735411 -

I almost bought the Kona Dew (actually Dew Plus), but I didn't like the saddle. It really hurt. Other than that it's a fast, efficient bike.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #10735755 -

I have had a hybrid for about 3 years and I love this type bike.It is strong enough to jump off curbs and do some light trail riding while keeping the pressure off the hands and wrists.


Mine is the Raleigh Venture 3.0. 450.00 total with a nice rack on the back and a nice lock.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #10736322 -

That kona Dew looks equally suited for relaxing bike path rides, or ripping through the city. I would definately consider a bike like that in the future!

Good choice OP, KONA is a great brand.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: PDU]
    #10736810 -




--------------------

oh_you_know said:
what do you do with those

DoYouMusHrOOM said:
beat stupid people over the head with them.:zappa:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: New bike [Re: Jetro]
    #10736818 -

I like the nice roadbikes with the mountain bike handlebars...

But that kona looks pretty nice...


--------------------
Mi Vida Loco

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post your bike 2011
( 1 2 3 4 all )
blewmeanie 4,019 71 07/29/11 01:43 PM
by Anthony
* BikeS !!! I need input.
( 1 2 all )
CounterCulturest 885 20 04/22/11 12:14 AM
by fbi365
* 1986 postie bike on ebay - funny as barbaloot 597 2 05/05/09 04:18 AM
by arbalest
* I'm Building my First Bike!
( 1 2 all )
Maverick 1,188 30 07/06/12 11:01 AM
by Maverick
* Thinking about buying a Bike.
( 1 2 all )
The Phleg 2,121 29 01/14/12 04:23 PM
by The Phleg
* i wiped the fuck out on my mountain bike All We Perceive 692 10 08/19/12 06:35 PM
by Doc_T
* Biking in winter
( 1 2 3 4 all )
MOTH 4,590 72 08/14/08 01:58 AM
by cake is a lie
* It's gettin to be that time of the year. BIKES OUT!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
underfliptown 3,416 62 02/24/12 11:56 AM
by Synapse Trap

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,278 topic views. 6 members, 11 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.