Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia
    #10658678 -

:awepuss:

Im going to smuggle in Koreans to work it for me.

Supposedly it is a very Shamanistic region.

It would cost me much more than the land cost to ever visit it.

Quote:
Mountains

The most striking geographical aspect of the Republic of Altai is its mountainous terrain. The Republic is situated within the Russian part of the Altay Mountains system, which covers a large part of the Republic and continues into neighboring Kazakhstan, Mongolia and China. The region continues to experience periodic notable seismic activity, which is visually made apparent through the mountains' characteristically high and rugged mountain ridges, separated by narrow and deep river valleys. The Republic's highest peak, Mount Belukha (4,506 m), is the highest point in Siberia.

[edit] Natural resources

Water resources are among the most important natural resources of the Republic. Mineral and hot springs are popular destinations for tourists and locals, sought for their therapeutic effects. Additionally, Altai glaciers contain a great amount of fresh water. The general volume of ice for registered Altai glaciers comes to a total of 57 km³, 52 km³ of which is water. The total water stock of the glaciers exceeds the average annual effluence of all Altai rivers, which are equal to 43 km³ per year. The largest glaciers are: Bolshoy Taldurinsky (35 km²), Mensu (21 km²), Sofiysky (17 km²), and Bolshoy Maashey (16 km²).

Mineral resources in the region primarily include gold, silver, iron ores, and lithium, in addition to other smaller amounts of minerals. The large city of Barnaul in neighboring Altai Krai was originally founded as a processing center for minerals from the Altai region, although the mineral extraction industry today is much smaller than in the past.

The traditional religion of the native Altaians is shamanism. Ethnic Russians primarily practice Orthodox Christianity. Tibetan Buddhism has also recently begun making some inroads by way of neighboring Mongolia and Tuva.

From 1904 until the 1930s, a new religious movement called Burkhanism (or Ak Jang, the "white faith") was popularized amongst native Altaians. The religion originated in Altai, and emphasized the "white" aspect of shamanistic practice. Burkhanism remains an important component of Altaian national consciousness, and is currently being revived in several forms along with indigenous Altai culture in general.

Russian New Age followers of Agni Yoga often go on pilgrimages to Mount Belukha, which is considered to be the location of Shambhala both by some New Agers and locals of Altai. One can often find manifestations of shamanistic spirituality in the region; for example, at points along the Katun River, local believers in shamanism are known to tie white ribbons to nearby trees and leave offerings of coins or food to the spirits. [4] Although shamanism is much less widely practiced today, it is regaining popularity as a result of new religious freedom following the collapse of the Soviet Union.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10658720 -









Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia *DELETED* [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10658725 -

Post deleted by Bauhn

Reason for deletion: a



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia *DELETED* [Re: MR14]
    #10658740 -

Post deleted by Bauhn

Reason for deletion: a



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MR14]
    #10658742 -

About an acre for 200 USD. Not down, but IN TOTAL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia *DELETED* [Re: MR14]
    #10658749 -

Post deleted by Bauhn

Reason for deletion: a



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia *DELETED* [Re: MR14]
    #10658752 -

Post deleted by Bauhn

Reason for deletion: a



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10658754 -

You can get a 3 story house in Estonia with a ton of land for like 30k. A bit more accessible than there too I'd imagine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #10658758 -

Yeah but thats 30k. This is .2k

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia *DELETED* [Re: MR14]
    #10658760 -

Post deleted by Bauhn

Reason for deletion: a



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MR14]
    #10658771 -

Quick reply FAIL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10658778 -

Why?  Novelty value?

Its pretty much useless and a waste of money so I assume its just the novelty?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10658781 -

:greenthumb:

Nice ,now you can apply for duel citizenship.
Atleast they let you buy land ,mexico will not let you buy land unless your a mexican citizen.........bastards.


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10658782 -

I wonder how many other foreigners own that same plot of land?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #10658784 -

where did you buy it from?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: adrug]
    #10658788 -

LOL thats what I thought at first. I checked out the papers and bought it from a Canadian. Seems legit.

Worse comes to worst Im only out 200 bucks and not 30,000. Basically Im going to keep it as a last resort if I need to disappear off the face of the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia *DELETED* [Re: MR14]
    #10658796 -

Post deleted by Bauhn

Reason for deletion: a



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: milkman]
    #10658799 -

Ya,it's like that company that sells plots of land on the moon. All you get is a little cert saying owner of 20 acres on the moon.

Costs about 20 pounds or something. What a deal. I've got a hectare.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #10658810 -

Yo, you can own my fart for $50 send me money I send you the fart in a jar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I just bought dirt cheap land in the Altai Republic, Russia [Re: Die]
    #10658817 -

If I ever get a hit out on me I dont think anyone will think to look for me in southern siberia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* So i got this freakin AWESOME leather jacket for dirt cheap. sui 1,388 7 08/07/06 02:41 PM
by Konnrade
* So I bought a little jap car Madtowntripper 656 9 09/10/05 08:13 PM
by faslimy
* whats the best CHEAP vodka?
( 1 2 all )
kadakuda 4,037 30 09/06/04 07:32 PM
by naut
* cheap books... Madtowntripper 537 5 08/21/05 08:52 PM
by it stars saddam
* Russia to legalize LSD as medicine?
( 1 2 all )
dante 2,971 33 08/01/05 11:46 PM
by Dimmy
* Russia?s Biggest Spammer Brutally Murdered in Apartment RandalFlagg 963 9 07/28/05 01:16 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* What was the very last thing you bought
( 1 2 3 all )
Phychotron 3,518 55 07/23/04 12:12 AM
by Meat_Log_Smurf
* I just bought my wife... bf6 555 14 06/15/05 11:06 AM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,878 topic views. 3 members, 16 guests and 237 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.