Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas?
    #10564851 -

I need to eat healthier, but I know I probably won't unless I have some meals to get exited about.

My wife usually cooks us a good healthy dinner at night, but I'm on my own for breakfast and lunch.

I have been making ham sandwiches at lunch.

I get Honey Ham on wheat with cheddar, lettuce, tomato, mayo, honey mustard, and Jamaican-jerk seasoning.

They are pretty good, but I'm getting burnt on them.

Thanks for any suggestions!

:peace:


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10564880 -

My easiest favorite lunch is chicken strips, obviously you can strip it yourself, lettuce, maybe tomato, and some mustard wrapped in a tortilla. Its pretty delicious, and easy. Maybe not GREAT for you, but not bad at all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #10564906 -

Yeah, that sounds good.

I like to smoke a chicken every week or two,

so that is definitely do-able.


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: ben_dover0802]
    #10564950 -

yep. hmmm, I guess salads aren't too hard to make. A fatty one with your chicken on top would probably be good.

Cereal with fruit on top makes an all right breakfast quite enjoyable in my opinion.

Lol, I guess my diet isn't too sophisticated because I can't think off too much more. I eat a LOT of sandwiches, never get tired of them with the right meat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10564980 -

Lately I been making frittatas,
they're a sort of baked omelette.
you can put in whatever meats, cheeses, and vegetables you like. you can eat them hot or cold and for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

I've been frying up some red onions, dicing some tomatoes and mixing them with three eggs. Wish i had some cheese and meat around the house though. You can make them much bigger with more eggs. just check out some recipes online. I find that three eggs is like a meal and a quarter/half.

Also cereal with yoghurt is bomb!
I usually do vector with a few spoons of blueberry or raspberry. very simple, healthy and tasty if you're into yoghurt.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10565331 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #10567261 -

Pasta salad is great.

I change from vinagarette to cream dressings from time to time, and change pasta from shells to penne to swirls, or colored bowties...

To keep things interesting.

Trail mix.

cut veggies with dip - i find it easiest to prepare a large container of carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers + keep it in your fridge for a few days at a time. Less prep/cleanup. Drape a moist papertowel over the cut veggies to keep fresh.

corn chips and salsa.

Wraps.

I often have leftover pasta aswell.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: PDU]
    #10570090 -

Great ideas my peeps.

I love pasta.

I stole my recipe from the Godfather and Goodfellas.

Shave the garlic, splash of Cabernet,

but I use a little grape jelly instead of sugar,

because it blends with the wine and acts as a congealer,

so I don't end up with my noodles in a puddle.

In case you were wondering what is up with the jelly,

it cuts the harsh acidic flavor of the tomato sauce.


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10570144 -

Lately for me, it's been watermelon for breakfast
grapes for lunch and possibly dinner

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: MOTH]
    #10570180 -

Moth, you're basically eating water and sugar!
get some of that other good stuff like fiber, protein, carbohydrates, etc.!!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: SampaJasli]
    #10570196 -

You're silly.  :smile:  Fruit is a carb!  It's full of fiber and I get enough protein.  My bowel movements are a dream.  :heart: 

I don't need diet advice; just sharing what I eat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: MOTH]
    #10570206 -

Wow.

Do you get protein from nuts,

or do you have a piece of fish or something sometimes?


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10570220 -

Often I eat kasha with trail mix on top, grapes (or berries of some kind) and cottage cheese.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #10570352 -

I haven't eaten much if any cottage cheese, but I am not against trying it.

That would probably be good substituting yogurt for the cottage cheese too, huh?


--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10570518 -

A breakfast I've been rockin' for the past week or two is the following:

- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Wheat Cereal
- Sliced peach
or uh shit what's that thing that's like a peach but smaller and tastier, not a necatarine ... anyway sliced fruit
- Plain nonfat organic yogurt


Mix it up in a bowl and you're golden. It's good'n'tasty and my stomach is like "thanks, dude!"


For lunch when I'm too lazy to make something complicated I usually go for whole wheat pita and organic humus.
That's probably healthier than anything I make when I'm not feeling lazy, now that I think about it.

Edited by laserpig (06/25/09 12:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: laserpig]
    #10570577 -

laserpig said:
A breakfast I've been rockin' for the past week or two is the following:

- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Wheat Cereal
- Sliced peach
or uh shit what's that thing that's like a peach but smaller and tastier, not a necatarine ... anyway sliced fruit
- Plain nonfat organic yogurt


Mix it up in a bowl and you're golden. It's good'n'tasty and my stomach is like "thanks, dude!"


For lunch when I'm too lazy to make something complicated I usually go for whole wheat pita and organic humus.
That's probably healthier than anything I make when I'm not feeling lazy, now that I think about it.



Yeah, I'm totally feeling the yogurt-cereal-fruit combo.

Are you thinking of persimmons (the little peach thing)?

Oh, and dude, what the hell is Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Wheat Cereal?  :lol:

Will it strike down upon me with great vengeance and furious anger?



--------------------
If you build it they will shrug.
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10570625 -

Swyfty Swyf said:
Oh, and dude, what the hell is Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Whole Wheat Cereal?  :lol:

Will it strike down upon me with great vengeance and furious anger?




Lol I love Ezekiel, they're so nuts but they have such good products. I think the recipe for this cereal literally is a bible verse.
I think it's 6 different sprouted grains and it's insanely healthy, plus pretty damn tasty too.
It's a bit too crunchy and the bits are too small to make normal cereal with but it's pretty much perfect for mixing with yogurt.


Also my bad turns out it is a nectarine.
I don't know my fruit names for shit. :shrug:

I figured this out by typing "list of fruit similar to peaches" into google.


--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

Edited by laserpig (06/25/09 12:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: Swyfty Swyf]
    #10570690 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What are some healthy and tasty breakfast and lunch ideas? [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #10572298 -

i eat oatmeal with a very small dallop of butter and sugar, yogurt, hemp seeds and a banana mashed in - every morning.

Stirfrys with veggies, cashews and chicken are great for left overs too.

Every dinner i cook, i aim for 1-2 meals of left overs.


--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Eating healthy? looner2 1,340 17 11/11/04 12:53 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* embarrasing healthy question browndustin 1,581 18 10/28/04 09:32 AM
by Vvellum
* Any Ideas? The_Day_Dreamer 570 3 07/11/04 06:36 PM
by UncleMike
* Shitty job, not enough time, and going no where
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 4,798 32 08/26/04 07:21 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* Rapid weight loss
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 5,049 29 09/13/04 08:32 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* I need ways to stay sane.
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 3,480 38 11/02/04 12:31 AM
by freddurgan
* Is my ear infected or just sore? (Pic too!) Tasty_Smurf_House 1,421 8 11/13/04 05:41 PM
by Tasty_Smurf_House
* What's the best way to lose weight and gain muscle on a limited income?
( 1 2 all )
swm 5,220 27 02/20/05 12:31 AM
by ummikko

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,853 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.