Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist.
    #10513530 -



http://spectraleyes.com/gallery/artworx?page=1

why is alex grey more well known than luke brown? I love alex greys work but I think luke browns art is on a whole different level.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Poptart]
    #10513554 -



--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: jewunit]
    #10513880 -

i've toured his collection - his 3rd eye is definitely giving a spiritually animated quality to all his work

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Poptart]
    #10514220 -

Quote:
why is alex grey more well known than luke brown?



Alex Grey paints everything by hand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: jewunit]
    #10514322 -

Sexy. Why did you post that picture?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Brugman]
    #10514346 -

Apparently it's some old pro wrestler named Luke Brown.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: jewunit]
    #10514363 -

This is great work. Everyone should try and draw their spiritual experiences :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: SlightAttendant]
    #10514481 -

Holy fuck. This shit is fucking amazing. Very nice one the eyes, indeed.

A lot of it is on the level of Alex Grey, in my opinion.


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Frost]
    #10514513 -

That may be true but
Frost said:
Holy fuck. This shit is fucking amazing. Very nice one the eyes, indeed.

A lot of it is on the level of Alex Grey, in my opinion.




I think some of his art is even better then alex grey. But I guess he isn't considered as talented because he uses the computer for alot of his art where like vivika said alex paints everything by hand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Poptart]
    #10514598 -

I have that first piece framed above my bed, love his work :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Rebirtha]
    #10514772 -

meh. looks really cheesy if you ask me.


--------------------

the pillars of the universe are taking a break at the moment, please call again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Big_Whoop]
    #10514821 -

Big_Whoop said:
meh. looks really cheesy if you ask me.




way too much cheese, I see alex grey the same way, to me it's
just advanced teen druggie art, same sort of themes that 15yo
stoners draw just better quality

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10514855 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Big_Whoop said:
meh. looks really cheesy if you ask me.




way too much cheese, I see alex grey the same way, to me it's
just advanced teen druggie art, same sort of themes that 15yo
stoners draw just better quality




yeah but entertaining to view while tripping nonetheless, i'd imagine...

i'm usually outside while tripping.. or exploring my house touching things and observing things i've never really noticed :grin:


--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Poptart]
    #10514869 -

I don't see anything cheesy about his work :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Rebirtha]
    #10514945 -

a black light reactive version of alpha centuri is on desplay in town right now

along with some stuff from ,venosa ,hoffman and grey

check out the painting here
http://spectraleyes.com/gallery/artworx/alpha_centauri?full=1

he is one of my most favorite artists. his detail is so spot on. you can tell he really labors over every little bit


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: notapillow]
    #10515257 -

The amount of physical discipline it takes for Alex Grey to make a painting is insane, not to mention the amount of hand drawn detail. Some of Grey's paintings DO look computer generated, but are not which is a very amazing aspect of them. Otherwise, theme and subject matter is usually average or even boring to me (I love center focus art, but do not care for "true symmetry" that much.

Some Luke Brown art probably is computer generated because of issues, or whatever...fuck painting fractals by hand! I'm the type of artists who thins it is more important to get the image out there, rather then HOW you get it out there. An Example would be some artists paint portraits by using an overhead projector to dispay an image on a canvas which they simply paint over it (color by numbers, basically)--You'd probably never be able to differentiate from a "Hand/eye co-ordination piece)-Neither of these methods are wrong but one is faster.
I don't like drawing either their styles myself, but I'm sure each takes a fair amount of skill to use, computer or hand.

I think they are both impressive in their own way, but I think because Alex Grey does his by hand which is always going to be cooler to hear or see, because physical traditions are hard pressed to be usurped by electronic traditions at some point.

Even when electronic mediums become traditional, I don't know if people would find it exciting to see a master at work articulating the mouse in cool ways, but then again people will watch people play video games for hours so who knows?

IT IS A VERY EXCITING ERA FOR THE ARTS

No matter who or what you are looking at or for.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Poptart]
    #10515284 -

I like a lot of his stuff but to me that top one looks like early computer game graphics or like one of mjshroomers works.

This one is cool IMO:



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Revelation]
    #10517623 -

I just discovered Luke Brown and I am IN LOVE.  :heart:  It's amazing how much of an influence a psychedelic experience has on one's artistic perception.  After my first DMT trip, I felt so completely humbled as an artist knowing that my creations could never touch the complexity and beauty that exists in that world, but that I have to try to do it justice nevertheless.  DMT is like a visual orgasm, endlessly awe-inspiring and breath-taking.  It's interesting how one can recognize the influence right away in some artist's work, the style is so intricate and complex.


--------------------
"All that we see or seem, is but a dream within a dream."
Edgar Allan Poe

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine."
Sir Arthur Eddington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: Poptart]
    #10517940 -

I didn't discover Luke Brown until after I started smoking DMT. I have that same picture in my user gallery. I liked it because the geometric designs in the background are nearly the exact CEV I saw the first time I smoked DMT. I think most of his artwork is DMT inspired. He's definitely one of favorite artists along with Alex Grey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Luke brown is a fucking amazing artist. [Re: igwna]
    #10518210 -

theMERRYiguana said:
Prisoner#1 said:
Big_Whoop said:
meh. looks really cheesy if you ask me.



way too much cheese, I see alex grey the same way, to me it's
just advanced teen druggie art, same sort of themes that 15yo
stoners draw just better quality



yeah but entertaining to view while tripping nonetheless, i'd imagine...




a stippled ceiling has more character when you're tripping

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* amazing grateful dead quotes-please post some here!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
flanders53 60,521 81 06/04/24 06:13 AM
by Consigliere
* Dr. Phil's amazing personality test!
( 1 2 3 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 7,389 49 10/18/03 01:28 AM
by jtseaweed
* amazing glasswork Xochitl 1,042 13 08/16/03 11:26 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* FUCK FILE SHARING!!!!!!!
( 1 2 all )
DoctorJ 4,199 21 11/22/03 11:21 PM
by Sombie
* ***~ Artistic Vision Needed ~*** Prodijal_Son 1,149 12 04/19/04 11:38 AM
by Prodijal_Son
* Best album cover goes to Alex Grey Whoot Whoot Anonymous 719 6 03/18/04 02:21 PM
by Anonymous
* Fucking lady upstairs!
( 1 2 all )
Killjoy 7,902 29 03/24/03 10:00 AM
by Killjoy
* Eminem - I Still Dont Give A Fuck T0aD 1,778 17 08/24/03 07:08 PM
by dawn of a new day

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,995 topic views. 3 members, 39 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.04 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.