Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Passiflora Flower
    #10471459 -



They were all over, next time I goto my friends house Il try to get a pic of his vines.

Is this one incarnata or edulis? Something tells me its one of the two.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: layzdapipe]
    #10471499 -

incarnata, if I remember correctly.

http://www.rain-tree.com/maracuja.htm


--------------------
:hanky:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: layzdapipe]
    #10472022 -

nice pic, that's going in POTM :yesnod:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10473387 -

this was the only other pic I took,



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: layzdapipe]
    #10474069 -

Very nice! I'm looking forward to growing some of these myself... Are you gonna smoke em up?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: ChrisB7]
    #10474086 -

no, im going to buy the seeds probably.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: layzdapipe]
    #10474357 -

Hmmm...

Tell me, do the leaves have two little balls (petiole glands) on the connection point between the base and the stem? P. incarnata has very pronounced petiole glands, and many of the other species (including edulis) do not.  At any rate, the leaves aren't glossy enough for edulis.  I'm thinking it's probably a cultivated hybrid of incarnata, as it has a very large and purple bloom (the true wild incarnatas I've seen have had smaller blooms with much more white).  At any rate, take that with a grain of salt, as the incarnata gene pool is pretty enormous, and there's a lot of variety in blooms and fruit quality. 

Anyway, next time you go, definitely grab a close up of the leaves and vines.

If you want to be really hardcore, browse this and see if you can convince yourself of an ID:
http://www.passionflow.co.uk/passiflora-species.htm
http://www.passionflow.co.uk/passiflora-hybrids.htm


--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: Horticulture]
    #10474571 -

Looks like Incarnata to me...


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: layzdapipe]
    #10477843 -

Nice pic! :awesome:


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: felixhigh]
    #10501904 -

Took these a few hours ago. From what I've bioassayed, the leaves are fairly active when smoked.




Enjoy:sun:


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #10502149 -

Those look like my incarnatas.  Thinking TC's probably are too, or some sort of ploidy of it.


--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: Horticulture]
    #10502193 -

It would be interesting to see if potency shows any relation in variation of flower due to different genetics.

I didn't even realize that incarnatas could vary in flower structure.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #10502243 -

I'd bet any money the alkaloid content varies a lot from plant to plant.  The gene pool for this species appears to be enormous, and if any of the other ethnos are a lesson, alkaloid content can vary a ton from strain to strain.


--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: Horticulture]
    #10502280 -

Nice pictures. I used to have one but it died over the winter.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Passiflora Flower [Re: Horticulture]
    #10502296 -

I'm gonna have to do some experiments this summer.


--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wild harvested Passion flower seed germination Knoa6 1,847 10 08/21/07 11:46 AM
by Divinatory
* Passion Flower: The new Syrian Rue Mycomancer 14,506 17 07/04/04 12:02 PM
by felixhigh
* Passiflora Incarnata
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Acaterpillar 8,996 75 07/27/07 12:33 AM
by Acaterpillar
* Passiflora incarnata
( 1 2 all )
Teotzlcoatl 5,055 30 07/10/07 02:12 PM
by Teotzlcoatl
* Passion flower (PIC'S)
( 1 2 all )
paddo 5,688 27 08/13/04 10:10 PM
by TripleB
* Wild Datura, passion flower, and morning glory(PIC Lizard King 2,328 6 06/15/02 03:39 PM
by NGC4414
* Pics!....Passion Flower & Daturas DazedSol 949 6 07/15/03 05:09 PM
by
* Both rare and beautiful flower? theocean06 1,369 7 09/22/04 01:05 PM
by HarveyWalbanger

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,185 topic views. 0 members, 7 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.