Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Good Ethnobotanical websites?
    #978459 -

Hey everyone,
I was just wondering if any of you have links to some good Ethnobotanical websites?Just anything that may be of interest...weather its cultivation, chem analasys, forums, whatever, just chuck your links here.
Thanks!
I will update this post as people add their links

The Vaults of Erowid
The Lycaeum Entheogenic Database
Entheogen Dot
Meneer Cactus (Dutch)

Edited by Peace_Patrol (10/21/02 05:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #978622 -

www.erowid.com
and ofcorase my own website :laugh: www.meneercactus.nl :laugh: 


--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: MeneerCactus]
    #978694 -

Nice page Eric  :smile:
How about an english translation??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #978744 -

When it comes to ethnobotanicals, I have to say that the information on the internet lags far behind the quality of whats available in books.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #979114 -

Here's a couple closer to home:

www.shaman-australis.com (pretty much the best ethnobotany site out there, IMO)
www.ethnobotany-australia.net

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Murple]
    #979394 -

>information on the internet lags far behind the quality of whats available in books

much agreed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: neuro]
    #979613 -

what about www.ethnobotany.yage.net hmmmm?


--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Murple]
    #979919 -

Well then Murple, what books would you recommend?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: superpimp]
    #980921 -

"Pharmacotheon", "Plants of the Gods" and "Plants of Love" are good broad covering books on psychoactives, and there are dozens of good plant-specific books. Any particular plants youre interested in? There's also a TON of ethnobotanical books that cover plants beyond just psychoactives... ethnobotany is a broad field and covers herbal medicines, plants used to make clothes and dyes, etc, much of which is every bit as fascinating as the psychoactive side of things.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Murple]
    #981086 -

I have:
Psychedelics Encyclopedia, 3rd edition by Peter Stafford
It is a good book and lists many plants, but is a bit dated.

An all encompasing book of the less common active plants would be good to have. I do as much gardening as I have space for, and I always want to expand my active plant collection. Not just for their psychoactives, but out of general interest. I would like any book that gives good descriptions of active plants that do grow in North America, or can be grown in a temperate climate outdoors year round, or can be grown indoors with a minimum of special lighting/moisture type supplies and maintenance that would be required for most of the tropical or rainforest native plants. I would like a guide to active plants someone who lives in the Northeast US or any temperate area can maintain with average or just above average gardening skills and equipment.
Know of any books like that?
I am also interested in learning more about Acorus calimus, since that is a plant readily availabe to me, and a very interesting plant it is. Amost all of the info I have found on line is vague, wrong, or contradictory. If you know of a quality source of info on calimus root, please let me know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: superpimp]
    #981855 -

Thanks guys....keep 'em coming! Very good suggestions so far with both websites and books!
The reason I was asking more for websites is because I live in New Zealand, so not only do we have a weak dollar making those books really expensive if I was to order them (and I don't have a hell of a lot of dough), and not only does it cost a fuckload to have them shipped down, but if I get caught bringing in books of that nature, I can face large fines due to censorship laws...Zeta, could you post that link please so that the people can see what I'm talking about? Jeez, that was appaling (OK it will make sense when you see the article)
Anyways, keep the links and book reccomendations coming (I am planning on forking out sometime for some books, when I decide which ones I will get)
When I get some more replies, I will start another thread as a compiled links post (I was going to do this with this thread, but it seems there is a new thing which means you can only edit a post for 24 hours after you've posted it)

When you give book reccomendations, could people please include Author name as well as the title? Thanks a lot!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #989321 -

hey every one if you need any plants or seeds Try the greenstranger.com he has great deals and ahs a great garentee program. if you have any qeustion he is always willing to help if it has to do with plants and seeds. he does not carry any mushroom spores. Sorry Give him a try and you wont be disapionted. peace and good luck and yes i know iam a bad speller sue me. haha :blush: 


--------------------
yeah I know I spell like shit, so blow me!

burnt and pissed on my self to put it out

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: lost & buzzed]
    #1029244 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1031130 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: zeta]
    #1031163 -

Ya just gotta feel sorry for the guy....fucking bastardised pigs....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Good Ethnobotanical websites? [Re: Peace_Patrol]
    #1032890 -

well, its new, but an upcoming site is ChromeCrows Ethno Emporium  :wink: 


--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ethno website AtticusProphet 742 5 03/31/08 10:23 PM
by KarenTandy
* Closest to weed (ethnobotany game) passitbobbie 1,536 12 03/14/06 11:47 AM
by Simisu
* Ethnobotanical study of Peru reveals plant-based medicine spanning 510 plant species veggieM 2,958 14 01/08/08 08:49 PM
by biospun
* The Free Ethnobotanical Seed Ring - donate your seeds and cuttings! AsanteM 2,273 6 04/10/08 05:28 AM
by royer
* What will happen to Ethnobotany !?!? runnerup 1,077 3 12/05/04 12:14 PM
by runnerup
* Psychoactive Trichocereus/Echinopsis primal440 4,349 12 11/20/04 04:01 PM
by M_S_Smith
* Ethnobotanical Vendor *DELETED* dumbum39 2,519 8 04/02/08 05:06 AM
by royer
* Basic ethnobotanical pollinization question zenotter 701 1 11/15/06 10:41 PM
by the man

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
5,854 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.