Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
rave event question
    #10206384 -

If it was held in the woods, what would be the best material to use to close of the event, like a fence to me is a bit expensive. Is there any cheap and effective alternatives to fencing off teh whole event?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10206565 -

Rope or some strong string.  Tie it about waist level around a bunch of trees.  You want it to be fairly strong, cause you know some fucked up kids are gonna run into it.

If you've got the budget for it tie some glowsticks to it and crack them once it starts getting dark so it's a little more visible.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: circularvortex]
    #10206705 -

excellent idea, Maybe 3 layers of rope I was thinking, just to make it more difficult to get through without being noticed. The glow stick idea is excellent too, thanks for your input.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10206719 -

Np man.

I've been that fucked up kid who stumbles into the ropes plenty of times :lol:


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10206839 -

your supposed to charge at the road


--------------------
STFU and go eat some mushrooms :greenshroom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: Astral_JL]
    #10207030 -

Couldnt people go around into the woods and then into the rave? I think most would want to avoid paying 10-15$ to get in.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10207047 -

You could hang big tarps to block off the area. That way if anyone were to sneak around it, you could easily see it being moved.

Maybe suspend the tarps from ropes in the trees. It might look kinda trashy, but it would be good for sectioning off an area.

And you could get them cheap too. Well worth the cost to keep people from sneaking in for free.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10207055 -

Very good idea, and I would make the tarps trippy to make up for there cheapness, maybe some spray paint and glow n the dark paint.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10207072 -

I don't know how well paint will adhere to the tarps, but it might work well for ya.

The times I've seen tarps spray painted, the paint always came off in big flakes and got all over the place.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #10207230 -

clothesline is rediculously strong, and rather inexpensive for its longevity

glow stick idea rocks, 

buy some UV paint, and stamp everyones handSSSSS (both hands)

and just have a black light pen to kick out the fools....

Im thinking of doin the same this sumer, ive got the speakers, dj equipment (actually my buds a DJ) and the spot, just gotta get a few kinks worked out... cornfield raves are the best....


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: cdubbz111]
    #10207352 -

ahh thats a good idea, clothes lines with glow n teh dark paint on em

and the UV pen idea is right on.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10207369 -

when u get it all planed out man i would love to come... im thinking what i will do is only give out longitude and latitude coordinates, to ppl, just to stay incognito... and im in the midwest    you anywhere close?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10207377 -

One word.  ISLAND

that would be the most epic rave

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: Event]
    #10207411 -

ahha yeah an island would be epic

actually I live in canada, eastern canada. I don't live in a very populated area, but I think i can still pull this off. As for me, I think im just going to release the location like 2 days before it happens. Also, im buying the land, and its going to be away from houses, so I wont have any noise problems with the cops, and as for drugs, I mean if its painfully obvious it wont be tolerated, like if you wanna roll or smoke a j, its all good, just don't be causing problems, thats what i say.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10207427 -

certainly, and dont say theres a cover!! just have a mandatory donation!!! you gotta word it that way otherwise you gotta have a license to make money.. dont know about canada tho... good luck


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: cdubbz111]
    #10207438 -

Well I think im going to get the license anyway, me n my business partner wanna make it legit as possible. Theres so many trip toys and things that can be sold it makes my head spin. Also I want to get a liquor license because it would be boring without alcohol and I dont like the idea of cops being able to fine me for not having a license to sell it, could be counter productive.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10207474 -

wow you got a real setup in progress..

not to jack the thread but all the raves ive thrown go like this

Pull up in a full size van, pull speakers out, start generator, hook up everything get the dj ready, and make the call to the 1 confidaunt that knows whats up, he tells everyone where to go and what to bring, within an hr its ape shit... the beauty of my setup is horrible but works, cuz if the cops come i load up the generator and the speakers my dj hops back into the van and were gone... simpel as that... and trust me it works...

but i gotta give you props your gonna do it the right way, which some day i will as well... +5 mushies for ya man...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: cdubbz111]
    #10207535 -

ahah sounds like it works perdy good, see I just dont want to lose my equipment n such, I'm going to be putting a few grand on some badass 1400 watt speakers and alot of cool things like bubble makers n lasers n strobe lights. It would be a mighty waste to lose it all. SO I'll be making this as legit as possible. I was thinking maybe once every week or two I'd throw this 24 hour rave. Every day would be too much for thsi small area but once every 2 weeks would be kinda neat.

I like how ur setup is easy to pack up n move on, lot less work because of that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: LuNaTiX]
    #10207553 -

for the bubble machines, make sure you get UV reactant bubble fluid!! the stuff is amazing!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rave event question [Re: cdubbz111]
    #10207571 -

Yeah that'd be awesome, now, I'd like to get a projector that has built in visuals, kina like winamp or windows media player, goes along with the music n such. I wanna have that displayed very everyone to see. Have any ideas?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My thoughts on raves... ToTheSummit 3,205 17 11/17/03 09:35 PM
by stonerreakinghavoc
* One Night In NYC * RavE Report * c0ma 1,896 13 07/30/03 05:36 PM
by Groovy Grant
* where can i find a rave Penroc3 938 5 11/05/03 08:34 PM
by Its Pat
* First time rave this weekend and wanna get some acid/shrooms ExeterBlue 2,009 16 12/18/03 02:35 PM
by DailyPot
* What's wrong with my speakers?
( 1 2 all )
superpimp 3,458 22 06/21/22 12:07 AM
by gamergod88
* I finally went to my 1st rave tonight :) Sammi 1,249 10 09/16/03 07:05 PM
by houshroom
* Help pls, question bout side effects ?????
( 1 2 all )
Veihler 282 21 06/07/18 08:53 AM
by 1234go
* question about donating blood at work swm 2,037 16 07/21/03 04:58 PM
by GernBlanston

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
489 topic views. 2 members, 13 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.