Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Liberty Caps
    #1019232 -

I have been harvesting liberty caps lately and I am wondering if there is any way to grow them  :confused:
Any help appreciated 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: Shroomer # 2]
    #1019467 -

Extremely difficult, very few people have succeeded. There are more potent species which are easier to grow outdoors, eg. Ps. Azurescens

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: zeta]
    #1019688 -

As a matter of fact Zeta, Libs and Azures have very similar if not the same growth parimeters.
From my experiments the Libs are a strain that one would grow more for experimentation than for actually yield of any sorts.
I`ve just reasently colonised some libs on agar and a planning on transferring a few wedges to some jars tonight as well as pan cyan.
I plan on fruiting the Libs in my fridge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1019953 -

Apart from the fact that azures grow on hardwood and libs grow on poo-enriched soil. What are you planning on fruiting the libs on?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: zeta]
    #1019970 -

Dung/straw misxture.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: zeta]
    #1020178 -

From all reports - and chemical analysis ps.semilanceata (liberty caps) are equally as potent as ps.azurescens.
temp wise they are similar, but libs will require grass seeds or manure and will resist cultivation more than azures


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1020187 -

Damn right bluemeanie :smile:
Any other reasons why I shouldn`t?? because well all of these reasons just aren`t enough to deter me.
Ic the Agar colonising nicely, I see the jar colonising nicely.
The only ting left now is fruiting in my fridge, which I have all the patience and time in the world for.
If Azures can be cultivated indoor then sure as hell so can Libs.
:wink:

Eye of the TIGER

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1020237 -

mmm. Im not sure azures would do very well indoors and i havent seen any evidence to the contray yet.
Not trying to persuade you at all though! Any mushroom can be cultivated (or most) and im sure its possible.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Liberty Caps [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #1020262 -

I was referring to mobyd's grow reasently, he grew azures indoors.
Now I`m not saying he actually succeeded but I`m stil going to give it a bash.
I`m confident with my methods now to start experimenting.
I`ve reasently foundan incredible powder called Bio-shake which I use as a nutrient base for my agar.
You should see the mycelium eat that shit up.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Growing azures and cy's and liberty caps outdoors mush20 1,118 4 10/07/04 04:06 PM
by scatmanrav
* liberty cap question... eXp 2,960 7 04/17/03 01:00 AM
by zee_werp
* inoculating cyan liberty caps? triper 2,149 7 12/22/03 02:42 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Cultivating Liberty Caps
( 1 2 all )
MushroomFriend 4,934 20 11/15/04 06:34 PM
by Koala Koolio
* liberty cap dysdic 2,705 13 01/31/04 07:04 AM
by Zen Peddler
* Liberty Caps Zwieback0 2,463 10 10/16/02 09:25 AM
by Erbaliza
* Which strain are "Liberty Caps"? Land_Crab 1,086 10 01/04/05 02:16 PM
by Workman
* liberty caps crass_uk 1,997 9 07/09/02 07:09 AM
by DaMigraine

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,171 topic views. 5 members, 70 guests and 96 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.