Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemush20
Stranger
Growing azures and cy's and liberty caps outdoors
    #3023671 - 08/19/04 03:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have many questions on this subject. I will be picking tons of mushies this season and I plan on making many sporeprints. Ive read about making patches outdoors and im trying to figure out if its worth the trouble... Since they grow all over in the wild.

First off does anyone have any idea how much alder chips sell for in bulk? Also say for azures, how many flushes could I expect to have in a place like Astoria Oregon if the weathers good? Also say I had a 10'x10' patch, how much could I yield dry, just a guestament. As for keeping the patch going year to year, is it a must to keep replacing the chips, could you replinish the chips nutrients with fertalisers etc?

For liberty caps, could you just dump sporewater in well kept/fertalised lawns and would they pop up next year possibly? Along with Azures and cy's has anyone had luck with just dumping sporewater in areas that they could grow in?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

Re: Growing azures and cy's and liberty caps outdoors [Re: mush20]
    #3023851 - 08/19/04 04:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i hav heard that with the Azurescens, they tend to grow about on the perimiter of the patch. u may want to maximise the perimiter around your patch. i am trying that next year. also, manure can increase azurescans yearly yield 14 fold. just some ideas.

i dont thinkt he spore water would work too well. cant u just make cakes of the liberty caps, then just bury the cake in the good ground?

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Invisibleno-tone
Enema Bag Jones

Loc: Warm, Moist and Dark
Re: Growing azures and cy's and liberty caps outdoors [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3024039 - 08/19/04 04:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If that is true about the azures growing mainly at the perimeter there is a way to maximize your area/perimeter:

Make lots of small patches as opposed to few bigger ones.

--------------------
Man thinks. God laughs. - Jewish Proverb

Offlinekid_unknown
kid unknown
Re: Growing azures and cy's and liberty caps outdoors [Re: no-tone]
    #3228850 - 10/07/04 05:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hire a turf machine and take a patch of the lib field, only joking

--------------------
Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money. ~Cree Indian Proverb

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Growing azures and cy's and liberty caps outdoors [Re: kid_unknown]
    #3228874 - 10/07/04 06:06 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

These are difficult to cultivate shrooms and might get better responses in the advanced forum though it may take a little longer to get the responses, you may get better ones.

A little side tracked but can anyone with knowledge on all three put them in order of hardest to cultivate (indoors or outdoors) I think the libs are the hardest then azures then cyans.

I can tell you prices and yeilds will depend and no one will be able to tell you what youll end up with.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation