Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN
    #10067827 -

The Obama administration asked Rick Wagoner, the chairman and CEO of General Motors, to step down and he agreed, a White House official said.

Wagoner's departure is one of the remarkable strings attached to a new aid package the administration plans to offer GM.

The White House confirmed Wagoner was leaving at the government's behest after The Associated Press reported his immediate departure, without giving a reason.

On Monday, President Obama is to unveil his plans for the auto industry, including a response to a request for additional funds by GM and Chrysler.

"I do not view the labor movement as part of the problem. To me it's part of the solution."
Barack Obama



http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/20625.html





i wonder if Barney Frank will replace him?


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10069225 -

I wonder if this move is more for public perception than anything else?

In any case, Wagoner did lead the company into this situation, maybe it is time for him to leave. :shrug:


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: dill705]
    #10069585 -

I have no problem with Wagoner leading, but I think the unions should be dissolved for the same reasons.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: Seuss]
    #10069605 -

Uh, perhaps you have a point there. I'll ponder that one.

Wait, it wasn't the union's responsibility to make the company profitable was it?


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: dill705]
    #10069953 -

dill705 said:
Wagoner did lead the company into this situation, maybe it is time for him to leave. :shrug:



lets hope Obama can lead it better.....


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: dill705]
    #10070025 -

Which is precisely the point.

Although, not the only reason for failure for the Big Three, unions are definitely in the front running. When I lived in Detroit, I saw UAW workers getting laid off all the time........

I always asked them, " why do you pay your dues....if you can still get pink slipped like any swinging dick?"

My personal belief is that unions used to have a place for the American worker.....in the last twenty years the Unions themselves cared more about their own existence as an organization, then the workers they supposedly represented.....  (kinda sounds like our Federal legislature)

Any way, Brass Tax =  they costed the Big Three millions in overhead they could not suck up.

(the leadership within the Big Three is also to blame for accepting this)

In response to the article,
To have direct intervention from the executive  (or least the appearances thereof) is quite troubling.


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Edited by SirTripAlot (03/29/09 09:03 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #10070242 -

if the government is dead-set on giving them money, then i agree this was a necessary step.

the fact that the government is giving them money, as well as removing a citizen from their job in the private sector, is disturbing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: JT]
    #10071346 -

to be fair that CED did run his company into the ground.


--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: JT]
    #10072019 -

justin_thyme said:
if the government is dead-set on giving them money, then i agree this was a necessary step.

the fact that the government is giving them money, as well as removing a citizen from their job in the private sector, is disturbing.



I don't think it's really that disturbing. It was just one of the conditions of the bailout.


--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: ScavengerType]
    #10072168 -

> to be fair that CED did run his company into the ground.

Absolutely, and in a big part because he gave into insane, unmaintainable union contracts.  The same way that massive salaries and bonuses for executives kill companies, so can the unions.  If Obama really wants to get rid of the problem at GM, he needs to attack it from both ends... management and the unions... otherwise he is wasting tax payer money to support a sinking ship for a few more months.  Keeping the unions alive with taxpayer money is not much different than paying bonuses at AIG with taxpayer money.

Edit: when I talk about getting rid of the unions, I am speaking towards the existing labor contracts, not the actual unions.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Edited by Seuss (03/30/09 04:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: Seuss]
    #10072619 -

Seuss said:
Edit: when I talk about getting rid of the unions, I am speaking towards the existing labor contracts, not the actual unions.



Why stop there? :lol:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10073757 -

i dont necessarily disagree with obamas' action.. but what bothers me is this double standard for detroit vs companies such as AIG..that have done far more damage...


--------------------


"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: fireworks_god]
    #10073921 -

> Why stop there? :lol:

Because it isn't the actual unions that are the problem.  It is the insane labor contracts that management made with the unions that are the problem.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: Seuss]
    #10073995 -

Obama will fix the problem. What a team!  the Government and business working together for Profit!

sounds like a great idea!

what could go wrong?


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: lonestar2004]
    #10074518 -

LOL Capitalism:  Socialism for fat rich guys.


--------------------
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Official Mr Shoebat lackey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: Seuss]
    #10075522 -

Obama has stated that the labor contracts need to be reworked and all parties involved have major concessions that need to be made.


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: dill705]
    #10075677 -

> Obama has stated that the labor contracts need to be reworked and all parties involved have major concessions that need to be made.

Obama has lied about a lot of things... when I see action, then I will believe him.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: Seuss]
    #10075709 -

He made it a part of his plan to help GM and Chrysler restructure. I listened to his speech on it today and union concessions were treated as a necessity towards profitability.


--------------------
My advice is to find those things that give pleasure and do them often without too much attachment and relax and wait for the show to end.

-Icelander-

I like free markets and all. Truly I do, at least in general, but there needs to be some kind of oversight in recognition of sustainability. Life works the same way, on a bunch of sustainable systems. Why not honor what made us what we are and take some lessons? Nature FTW!

~dill705~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: dill705]
    #10075830 -

dill705 said:
He made it a part of his plan to help GM and Chrysler restructure. I listened to his speech on it today and union concessions were treated as a necessity towards profitability.



The UAW will give concessions the day Jimmy Hoffa climbs back out of the Chicago River.


--------------------
What can we do to help you stop screaming?

Official Mr Shoebat lackey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: OBAMA DEMANDED GM'S CEO RESIGN [Re: dill705]
    #10075833 -

dill705 said:
I listened to his speech on it today and union concessions were treated as a necessity towards profitability.



we'll see...

"I want every American to know that the path I'm laying out today is our best chance to make sure that the cars of the future are built where they've always been built -- in Detroit and across the Midwest--..."



The Government will now decide where cars should be built...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_office/Remarks-by-the-President-on-the-American-Automotive-Industry-3/30/09/


sounds great! :smirk:


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Clinton backers demand Power's resignation lonestar2004 692 8 03/07/08 07:03 PM
by vonhumboldt
* Obama, Clinton, & Castro Lion 418 4 02/20/08 09:58 AM
by Lion
* GM Will Restate Results for 2001 lonestar2004 313 0 11/09/05 07:06 PM
by lonestar2004
* Obama, Ayers, and the Annenberg Challenge Cover-Up lonestar2004 812 2 08/22/08 03:10 PM
by zappaisgod
* Analysis: Faked birth certificate suggests Obama may not be US citizen
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
lonestar2004 13,819 174 01/28/11 12:17 PM
by lonestar2004
* Obama’s Buddy, Bill Ayers Stomping the American Flag
( 1 2 3 all )
lonestar2004 6,255 51 05/16/08 06:25 PM
by lonestar2004
* Obama worked with terrorist
( 1 2 3 all )
bodynotdead 4,678 54 02/29/08 01:42 AM
by fireworks_god
* Delegate for Obama resigns over racist comment lonestar2004 894 10 04/09/08 04:16 PM
by moeshroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,749 topic views. 3 members, 3 guests and 32 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.