Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblevonhumboldt
Stranger
Re: Obama worked with terrorist [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #8081843 - 02/28/08 02:59 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
A smear campaign is negative tactics that seek to convince voters that the candidate is less electable due to unrelated issues. "Obama associates with terrorists" is fear mongering, plain and simple. Exaggerating the truth in order to distract people from actual political issues.

exactly.

The recent NYT article on McCain was an example of a smear, just like saying "Obama worked with terrorists" is a smear. Both have a grain of truth but are so full of spin and obfuscation and lacking in context to make them essentially false pieces put into place for political effect.

Can we end this shit on both sides already?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #8081845 - 02/28/08 03:00 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

William Ayers and that skank were terrorists and have stated that they wished they could have done more. They are unrepentant. There is no fear mongering because these pussies are no longer active, thus there is nothing to fear from them. What is of concern is Little Barry's judgment and choice of friends.

Which two things have absolutely nothing to do with your ignorance of what a "smear" is. An example of a "smear" is the whole Clinton routine of floating that he's a Muslim. THAT was smear. Pointing out true facts is not, nor can it ever be, a "smear".

--------------------

Invisiblevonhumboldt
Stranger
Re: Obama worked with terrorist [Re: zappaisgod]
    #8081856 - 02/28/08 03:05 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
William Ayers and that skank were terrorists and have stated that they wished they could have done more. They are unrepentant. There is no fear mongering because these pussies are no longer active, thus there is nothing to fear from them. What is of concern is Little Barry's judgment and choice of friends.

Please respond to my initial post.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#8081866 - 02/28/08 03:07 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

I don't think it's very funny, just sad

That too in a way. But I am kind of happy also because I believe the electorate won't get fooled again by the dirty tricks crew currently working overtime in some smelly, sweaty basement somewhere and the low-class people who carry their water here.

My sense is people are really weary of that style of politics and being divided by sleaze merchants, the Karl Roves of the world. This kind of stuff will backfire and that will be hilarious. I think Obama's campaign has actually been strengthened by the Clinton's unfounded attacks.

Hopefully Obama is smart enough to stay out of the gutter and let his surrogates respond against petty inuendo of this sort. The Republicans will play right into his hands just as they have against terrorists.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#8081870 - 02/28/08 03:08 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Semantics. To you smear means a lie, but to me smear means the tactic of negative campaigning that pushes the truth. Saying "Obama worked with terrorist" has a much different connotation then "Obama associates with professor he worked with at a University." Stop trying to debase my arguments by defining one word in your own terms when the meaning (in the sense that I'm using it) is wholly different

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#8081878 - 02/28/08 03:11 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Furthermore your definition is incorrect.

Quote:

A smear campaign is an intentional, premeditated effort to undermine an individual's or group's reputation, credibility, and character.

So hey, what was that about my ignorance?

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8082626 - 02/28/08 06:04 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

If you murdered forty seven people and I pointed it out in a campaign that is not a smear. If you didn't but I somehow insinuated that you did that is a smear. I have no idea where you got that definition from. It is absurd. I think it is quite alright to call any candidate's character into question, as well as his reputation and his credibility. Isn't that EVERY campaign? What isn't alright is to float nonsense, like Obama wearing that robe in conjunction with a scurrilous whisper that he's really a Muslim. THAT'S a smear campaign.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8082637 - 02/28/08 06:05 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:
Semantics. To you smear means a lie, but to me smear means the tactic of negative campaigning that pushes the truth. Saying "Obama worked with terrorist" has a much different connotation then "Obama associates with professor he worked with at a University." Stop trying to debase my arguments by defining one word in your own terms when the meaning (in the sense that I'm using it) is wholly different

Ayers was a terrorist and remains unapologetic about it to this day. Further, Little Barry did associate with him. Reality can sometimes be a bitch, neh?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Obama worked with terrorist [Re: vonhumboldt]
    #8082685 - 02/28/08 06:16 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

vonhumboldt said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Please respond to my initial post.

These people should be shunned. It's a shame they didn't die in a hail of bullets. The only thing that prevented them from being murderers was their incompetence, another ineluctable feature of the left. How's that for a response? And Little Barry's judgment about who he associates with is completely fair game in all respects. The fact that he even says hello to them grants them a semblance of legitimacy. They are scum. Just like the PR terrorists Willy Small Balls pardoned.

--------------------

Invisiblevonhumboldt
Stranger
    #8082775 - 02/28/08 06:35 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Actually, the Weather Underground took great care in not killing anyone after the NYC accident. Afterwards, they pretty much just blew up toilets and empty cubicles and statues with weak pipe bombs after alerting the authorities of the bomb's presence to avoid hurting anyone. If they wanted to kill and mame, they certainly could, but they chose not to but rather practice these dangerous stunts instead. And it should be stated that Ayers had nothing to do with the NYC bomb or it's plan.

Not to diminish the stupidity of their actions (as I condemn any sort of violent activity like that), but to consider Bill Ayers some grand terrorist that no one can associate with nearly 40 years after turning himself in to the FBI - even if such association is as minor and trivial as with the case with Obama in Chicago several years ago - is just silly.

And as for the infamous quote of "we didnt do enough," well that's taken entirely out of context. I've read his autobiography from where that quote comes from. have you?

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8082818 - 02/28/08 06:42 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

You are right that Bill Ayers is a nobody. And that is exactly the level of respect and obeisance he deserves. Except Little Barry didn't think so and I thus call his judgment into question over it. Perhaps he was just being stylish. Or maybe he was trying to buff his rebel credentials. Let's ask Barry. Let him explain what he was doing with the asshole.

--------------------

Invisiblevonhumboldt
Stranger
    #8082865 - 02/28/08 06:50 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
You are right that Bill Ayers is a nobody. And that is exactly the level of respect and obeisance he deserves. Except Little Barry didn't think so and I thus call his judgment into question over it. Perhaps he was just being stylish. Or maybe he was trying to buff his rebel credentials. Let's ask Barry. Let him explain what he was doing with the asshole.

Do you consider the University of Chicago at Illinois to be aiding and abetting a terrorist by having him on in their faculty? Is the Chicago History Museum proving a terrorist funding by having him speak at the museum the other week regarding the anniversary of the 1968 Democratic Convention? Is the publishing firm that released "Fugitive Days" giving aid to a terrorist? Are all those Ayers has associated with in the Chicago political landscape guilty of working with a terrorist? If so, then thousands of people need to be arrested. Is this your belief?

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#8083050 - 02/28/08 07:27 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

vonhumboldt said:
Quote:

zappaisgod said:

Do you consider the University of Chicago at Illinois to be aiding and abetting a terrorist by having him on in their faculty? Is the Chicago History Museum proving a terrorist funding by having him speak at the museum the other week regarding the anniversary of the 1968 Democratic Convention? Is the publishing firm that released "Fugitive Days" giving aid to a terrorist? Are all those Ayers has associated with in the Chicago political landscape guilty of working with a terrorist? If so, then thousands of people need to be arrested. Is this your belief?

Will you please point out anyone's assertion that Little Barry was aiding or abetting a terrorist. I'm going to do it one more time for the slow. It is a sign of bad judgment on Little Barry's part that he would do anything but spit on these people. Can you get your head around that? If I ran the University, this fuck wouldn't work there. I didn't buy the fuck's book. I don't care what the piece of shit has to say about anything. And anybody who thinks that he needs to associate with this piece of shit for political reasons is either an idiot or a whore. I do not want any friend of William Ayers anywhere near the White House. Not even on a guided tour.

--------------------

Invisiblevonhumboldt
Stranger
    #8083558 - 02/28/08 09:06 PM (16 years, 23 days ago)

Perhaps you should wrap it around your head that minor associations like the ones that Obama had with Ayers does not mean anything and is not a reflection of an Obama administration. There is nothing to suggest they are friends or even acquaintances. They simply served on the same board along with many others. I know a professor that works with Ayers in the Education Department and this relationship does not mean anything in regards to my friend's political worldview or ethics. Perhaps you are in the game of guilt by association like some sort of modern McCarthyism, but I suspect the wiser voters are not.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #8084718 - 02/29/08 01:42 AM (16 years, 22 days ago)

I haven't read the thread or looked too deeply into the specifics, but after seeing, in this election, purported connections between Obama and terrorists, McCain and terrorists, Giuliani and terrorists, Hillary and shady characters, Ron Paul and hate groups...

... I'm concluding that extremists exist in all political and ideaological movements, and its only natural that, by the time someone is a viable Presidental candidate, they've, in some manner or another, associated with them. Unless we are talking about plots, specifically belonging to or intentionally playing some role with them, etc. etc. etc., who fucking cares. :lol:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order