Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Extreme Home Makeover Edition
    #9954236 -

Anyone watch this show?  I don't, but tomorrow I have to trench another house for this program.

I did one back in '04 (the Broadbent family...the last time they filmed in Vegas).  It was a complete clusterfuck.  And I got completely cut out from the episode when it aired.  I was scheduled to trench at 7PM and they wanted us to 'stage' (be on-site and ready to go) by 5PM....I finally got to do my part at 3AM!  So I sat around for 10 hours doing jack-shit just waiting for them to be ready for me.

Now I work at a different company.  But wouldn't you know it, EHME is back in town and just my luck this company got the job.  I have to do it again!  So tomorrow I have to be on-site at 6PM and I'm scheduled to trench at 8PM.  I guess that means I should be prepared for an all-nighter.

The bummer part is that I have a full day of work at my regular job both tomorrow and Friday.  This is gonna suck.

....Oh, and all my time is donated.  I'm doing this for free. :sad:


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9954252 -

Sooooo....don't donate your time. :shrug:


--------------------
"Its moving of its own accord...and I like that in a shirt!" - Me, tripping.

deCypher said:
Schizophrenia beats dining alone, you know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: Ima Trooper]
    #9954303 -

Ima Trooper said:
Sooooo....don't donate your time. :shrug:



Well, I had the option to turn down the job.  But the company would've had to hire someone to take care of it since I'm the sole operator right now.  And in these times of economic slump when theres a hundred guys who'd love to take my job I think I'm best off just putting on a smile and gladly offering to help out.

Besides, I don't mind so much donating my time.  Its for a good cause and all, and its kinda cool to see how they put these shows together and be involved.  I'm just pissed that I gotta sandwich it in between 2 full workdays.  With a little luck it won't be running so far behind schedule like it was last time and I'll get some sleep tomorrow night.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9954315 -

You should do it tripping.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9954322 -

Oh, and last time (in 2004) I got paid for my time by my company.  And it was on a Friday night so I didn't have to go to work the next morning.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9954550 -

Bring some beers for the wait.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Homo Makeout Edition [Re: Gr8fulJ420]
    #9955354 -

A few months ago a house a few miles away from my house got a makeover.  It was a pretty cool thing.  It must have sucked for the neighbors though.  A few blocks were cut off from vehicle traffic and they had barricades up to control the crazy amount of foot traffic that the thing was bringing.  I bet a few houses had resod their lawns after 150K people walked across their lawns.

It was pretty funny, about a block away there was a house that was doing some home improvement during this hole ordeal, they had a sign up saying "Extreme makeover [there last name] Edition".  Actually after rereading that its not all that funny but it seemed clever at the time.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Sextreme Homo Makeout Erection [Re: Idiot]
    #9955467 -

I think its Extreme makeover home edition.


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9961768 -

Went much smoother this time.  I was still on-site for about 7 hours today, but I was busy the whole time.  I ended up having to help with the demolition/removal of the old house, the re-building of the pad, and then of course trenching the new house.  But I was home having a beer by 8:30.

I might even get on TV this time with all the work I did during the demolition process.  We'll see.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9962897 -

What is trenching in the sense that you use it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: Gumby]
    #9965881 -

Gumby said:
What is trenching in the sense that you use it?



I just uploaded a video to Youtube.  I'll post it once it processes.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9965908 -

Wow.  Youtube was quick today.

I made this video a few years back.  It is a timelapse of me trenching footings for one house at work.  Real time was about 30 minutes.  Basically I dig the trenches which will be filled up with concrete to form the foundation of the house.  Also, I sometimes dig trenches to be used for plumbing or other utilites as well, but in the video it was concrete footings.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9965958 -

Looks like you do pretty good work too.

My old high school was actually used in an episode.

(For the lurkers, look it up aha.)


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ElementsToLife]
    #9965978 -

It kinda turns into a Benny Hill skit at 1:05

and the clouds are fucking awesome.


--------------------
:deemsters:

Edited by eyesoftheworld (03/13/09 05:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9967881 -

That was a really cool video. I love the timelapse.

I'm about to order a power cable for my SLR so I can do a timelapse via remote capture software. I think I'm gonna do a timelapse of this oyster mushroom grow kit I got for my mycology class. I'm thinking one shot every 30 minutes, think that'll work?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: Gumby]
    #9969604 -

The video of me trenching was captured at about 2 frames per second (for a 30fps playback).  About the same time I also did some other experimental videos and I found that for atmospheric effects like clouds you could go one frame every few seconds for a nice effect.  I put together another video for you this morning to show those effects.


I never tried anything as slow as the growth of a plant or fungus.  If you do a little math in your head its not too hard to figure out what you want though.  Just figure on your playback being at about 30fps and then decide how long a period of time you want compressed into what length video.  Then some simple math will sort it out for you.

For example, if you want one day compressed into one minute:
-in one minute of playback there will be 1800 frames (30 frames X 60 seconds)
-in one day there are 86,400 seconds (60 seconds X 60 minutes X 24 hours)
-so you want to take 1800 frames in 86,400 seconds...simply divide (86,400/1800)
And voila...record one frame every 48 seconds and playback at 30fps and one day has just been reduced to one minute.


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Extreme Home Makeover Edition [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #9970122 -

ToTheSummit said:
Wow.  Youtube was quick today.

I made this video a few years back.  It is a timelapse of me trenching footings for one house at work.  Real time was about 30 minutes.  Basically I dig the trenches which will be filled up with concrete to form the foundation of the house.  Also, I sometimes dig trenches to be used for plumbing or other utilites as well, but in the video it was concrete footings.





I'm impressed, it usually takes me a few hours to do that and
you did the footings for the hole house in a minute and a half,
if I were you, I'd slow down a little f you're paid by the hour :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'll be on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" ToTheSummit 1,876 14 10/23/04 11:57 AM
by MrBump
* "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition"...update... ToTheSummit 395 2 11/01/04 08:37 PM
by StonedShroom
* Any trench-coat wearing Goths out there?
( 1 2 all )
SoopaX 3,572 29 04/19/05 09:04 PM
by mantis
* I find this extremely funny... adamj 776 5 09/12/04 09:57 PM
by twigz
* Extreme Akim RandalFlagg 414 2 09/12/05 08:06 PM
by Infrared
* ill edit your movies RomanticBeing 613 2 04/30/05 09:06 PM
by baraka
* edit button FesterBestertester 888 7 02/23/04 01:38 PM
by FesterBestertester
* To Lucy, or not to Lucy, that is the question.. *EDITED AGAIN*
( 1 2 all )
TM 1,640 35 12/16/05 12:22 AM
by Skunk420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
934 topic views. 2 members, 12 guests and 75 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.