Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Loc: florida
red color on birthed cake...
    #965813 - 10/16/02 12:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi. I birthed my first cake 5 days ago into a perlite terrarium.  I put one of those cold packs  in the first night, on the opposite side of the terrarium on the perlite, to try and shock pins. i also have been using a 13 watt florecent screw in light source. Lately there has been a lot of fuzzy micilli growth on one side of the cake.At the same place, there is red - yellow discoloration. the discoloration ranges from the red to the yellow at the edges of the fuzzy micilli growth. It smells like rusty. i hope it's just some sort of high humidity thing. i am worried. there is no green or whatever, and it does not seem nasty enough to be a contam, it seems like a stain or a burn :confused:, and i really don't see how it could be a contam because the cake was fully colonized when it went in. My friend thinks i may have burned it with the light being too close. help.  Thanks in advance. 

--------------------
"Someone please help me stop laughing!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: red color on birthed cake... [Re: shroomerman]
    #967063 - 10/16/02 07:39 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Keep an eye on it.
Fully colonised cakes get contaminated all the time.

Offlineshroomerman
dopaminecatalyst

Loc: florida
Re: red color on birthed cake... [Re: zeta]
    #967115 - 10/16/02 07:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

well it was a contam i think.I decided to use the damned thing for a moe's outdoor tek attempt. that's when i noticed a slimy texture when i was crumbling the cake up. the fucking thing went in the ground anyway, fuck it, one monkey don't stop no show. LOL i have 2 other cakes almost 100% colonized, if that one lame cake dont grow anything, i'll just make outdoor plots until one does. i was hoping for a shroom by halloween, but it don't look like it's gonna happen. :frown: Peace thanks for the advice.  :smile: 

--------------------
"Someone please help me stop laughing!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag