Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe
    #9476498 -

sk00byd0 and I found these Tricholoma magnivelare today at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park in Santa Cruz, CA.  They smell really strongly of cinnamon.  I have never found them before but I have smelled them at fungus fairs and have always been really suspicious of them.











I made two soups from them and they are really good!

They taste slightly mushroomy, and strongly of cinnamon and pine.

This is the Japanese style soup:



It is extremely easy to make and tasted amazingly good.

Ingredients:

Water (two cups per serving)
Salt
Matsutake (1/4th of a fresh mushroom for each serving)
Cilantro (a small handful for each serving)

Bring the water to a boil, salt until you can start to taste it, then added thinly sliced matsutake and boil them at a rolling boil for 2 minutes.  Then take it off the heat and added chopped fresh cilantro and serve it immediately. 

Its one of those clear Japanese soups, tasted strongly of cinnamon, somewhat of pine, and actually really good.



I also made a matsutake soup that has a whole bunch of cream and chicken broth other stuff in it, its also excellent but the simple one is ten times faster and tastes even better.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9476507 -

Nice! Thanks. I think there should be a whole subsection on this forum dedicated to mushroom recipes. Hunting mushrooms rocks, but so does eating them!


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9476582 -

Wow, you guys are way ahead of me. Thanks for the recipes...Ive been looking on google for a while now.
I only had time to cook my coccora.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: sk00byd0]
    #9476683 -

Nice, I bet the minimalist soup recipe brings out the best of the mushroomy flavors. Nicely done!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: koraks]
    #9476835 -

looks delicious!! simple is good with the right flavor combinations!


--------------------
"chaos is the nature of order"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: psilophile82]
    #9476877 -

good find ,and nice soup,  i might try next year, i was not impresse of my matsutake find , untill in only location i found those  cinnamond ones,  who know what makes some to smell and some not maybe other collection where callostoma or other  but  sure taste good , strong smell in my opinion , japanese use it to enhance the flavour of rice  may be good too, they use a small piece.


--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: cactu]
    #9477089 -

thanx for sharing alan:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9478916 -

Quote:
I think there should be a whole subsection on this forum dedicated to mushroom recipes.



There is and I posted this in there too.

Quote:
Nice, I bet the minimalist soup recipe brings out the best of the mushroomy flavors. Nicely done!



Yea I couldn't believe it, I was finished right away.  Its even faster and easier than Baby_Hitler's three minute chocolate cake.

Except for finding the mushrooms, that part took years.

Quote:
japanese use it to enhance the flavour of rice  may be good too, they use a small piece.



Cool I will try some matsutake rice.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9480083 -

I heard that soup will make your hair turn blue.  Is there any truth to that?

Got any prints?  :grin:

Sounds deelicious!  :fancycook:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9481957 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:
Nice, I bet the minimalist soup recipe brings out the best of the mushroomy flavors. Nicely done!



Yea I couldn't believe it, I was finished right away.  Its even faster and easier than Baby_Hitler's three minute chocolate cake.

Except for finding the mushrooms, that part took years.




Ah, it's one of those dishes where most of the time is spent on the ingredients list. And it looked so deceptively simple... :laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9481973 -

Alan Rockefeller said:
Quote:
I think there should be a whole subsection on this forum dedicated to mushroom recipes.



There is and I posted this in there too.



Yeah, I saw that. But it's got all sorts of recipes there. I just saw a lazy bum one for chili chicken, but it doesn't contain any mushrooms. :shrug:
Oh well, at least there is a forum dedicated to foodstuff at all. I guess I could be less lazy and do a search on that forum for everything that has "mushroom" in it.


--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: German Kahuna]
    #9482000 -

You'll find, if you stick around here enough, the Shroomery prides itself on being something for everyone that likes some kind of mushroom, e.g. sports and mushrooms, gaming and mushrooms, philosophy and mushrooms, pornography and mushrooms, etc.  You're posted in at least 15 forums.  That's a great start.  There are over 30 at this present time.

I wouldn't hit a dead dog in the ass with over 20 of them, but that's just me.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Tricholoma magnivelare soup recipe [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #9482104 -

yes  save print  next time please


--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tricholoma magnivelare tangoking 4,424 11 12/25/09 02:45 AM
by Alan Rockefeller
* Tons of Boletes,Matsutakes and massive 10g cyanescens wyattb 3,047 17 11/25/08 11:24 PM
by MUSH HEAD420
* Matsutake Motherload (some chanterelles too) nihil 5,921 9 11/29/05 09:59 PM
by eris
* Matsutakes, Shaggy Parasols and first active of the season wyattb 1,543 15 11/18/08 07:10 PM
by wyattb
* Matsutake NH *******UPDATE***** 10/14/05 w/pics socialnorm77 4,252 13 10/14/05 05:33 PM
by socialnorm77
* pics from my first matsutake trip psylosymonreturns 614 5 11/18/09 01:33 PM
by psylosymonreturns
* matsutake MrTypo 1,672 2 09/17/04 05:46 PM
by kadakuda
* Matsutake!
( 1 2 all )
scout24 7,627 22 12/14/10 10:33 AM
by psylosymonreturns

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
1,365 topic views. 0 members, 48 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.