Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Best instrument while on LSD
    #9236708 -

Best instrument to hear either on album or live on LSD?

Electric guitar preferably jimi for me:grin:


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9236717 -

sitar, tabla or a didgeredoo!


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: danlennon3]
    #9236795 -

what is a tabla?


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9236815 -

I don't know about listening to, but I love playing my electric bass on acid


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9236822 -

Oh... I expected this is be a best instrument to /play/ on acid thread for some reason.

I've only tried playing on acid once and it didn't work well. The instrument I was playing at the time was a little beat up and it's poor tone annoyed me so much I couldn't focus on what I was trying to play.


--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9236829 -

i listen to the same stuff tripping that i do sober.  things like opeth, pantera, lamb of god, whatever.

not so much STS9 or grateful dead

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: zSDMF]
    #9236834 -

Oh well it can be fac music to play too!

I'm not very musically talented, that part of my brain is just blah!

I have cried before listening to voodoo child because it defied explanation of how it made me feel.  The insanity


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: danlennon3]
    #9236841 -

You got me thinking of making a didgeridoo out of PVC, anyone done this? :awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: rupertbeaner]
    #9236851 -

That'd be fun.  I don't know how much PVC costs.  Anybody got an estimate on how much it would cost to build this?  Sounds like a fun project.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: rupertbeaner]
    #9236854 -

Yep. Matter of fact someone was selling them in The Marketplace not that long ago.


--------------------
Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home
Curriculum vapidum (dry herb vapes)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: NizzyJones]
    #9236875 -

tabla, tenori-on, synth, and vintage organs... those are probably my favorites

or an electric guitar with a very diverse combination of effect pedals

Edited by btm1111 (11/13/08 02:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: NizzyJones]
    #9236899 -

You can make a didgeredoo out of any type of solid cylindrical tube, the length and radius affect the positions of the nodes & anti-nodes, which affects the frequency.

Longer the tube bassier the sound :laugh:.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9236936 -

Theremins are insane to fuck around with while tripping.

But I still prefer the electric guitar...both to play and listen to.


--------------------
Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing. -Paul Gilbert

I don't know.  I never smoked AstroTurf.  -Tug McGraw, after being asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Moodion]
    #9236944 -

Circuit Bent instruments are fun too... or just circuit bending instruments... I don't really do it very often but its very fun while tripping

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: btm1111]
    #9237070 -

I'd have to say electric geetar too. Some good high pitched riff with some wah rips right through my brain.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9237174 -

fiddle/violin


--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: demiu5]
    #9237183 -

Reminds me of tripping at a dave matthews concert, it was mushies not LSD but still pretty insane.


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9237213 -

The voice of Jim Morrisson is one of my favourite 'instruments' to listen to while tripping

Five to one baby, one in five

But seriously the electric guitar.... or progressive electronica... i bet the didgeredoo would be amazing though


--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9237231 -

Get naked, and play your own body like a drum.:rave:


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Best instrument while on LSD [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9237248 -

I play my mandolin every time I trip and I love that.

A native American flute is really awesome, too.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* About Bagpipes Apollyphelion 575 5 04/03/09 01:04 PM
by Apollyphelion
* I gotsa Bagpipe gig!
( 1 2 all )
Apollyphelion 3,276 34 05/31/09 10:12 AM
by Muppet
* Off to Bagpipe at a Wedding!
( 1 2 all )
Apollyphelion 1,620 23 08/30/09 07:27 AM
by WeirdButLegaL
* bagpipes LuSiD9 857 19 08/01/12 11:58 PM
by lifeiswhatyoumake
* Never heard the bagpipes quite like this! audiophoenix 637 13 12/15/11 11:58 AM
by audiophoenix
* The Gamblers - "LSD-25" (mp3) LearyfanS 2,690 1 08/05/05 07:54 PM
by Deadmaker
* Need help finding bagpipe wedding march music 4runner 614 8 10/03/12 08:20 PM
by The Vapor
* Bagpipe Band Kicks ASS! dumbfounded1600 717 7 03/23/08 11:18 PM
by dumbfounded1600

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,986 topic views. 4 members, 243 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.