Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: MHbound]
    #9189991 -

MHbound said:
fireworks_god said:
MHbound said:
I want a fox...



When you say you want a fox, is it because you actually want a red panda, like in my signature and avatar? :redpanda:



:yesnod:

I have always wanted a little sneaky animal for a pet



May I recommend a Dean.  Or perhaps a McLellan.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9190147 -

I wasn't aware that these are animals...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: MHbound]
    #9190157 -

Did you think they were plants?  Hmmm, on reflection.......


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: zappaisgod]
    #9190634 -

zappaisgod said:
.  I've been a conservative forever.  Always had a brain, never had a heart.



:lol:


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9190643 -

As a fervent Obama supporter, I thought Mccain's concession speech was better than B-Rock's acceptance speech.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #9190656 -

Downtown Chicago looked Incredible in the background!


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: lonestar2004]
    #9194839 -

Those two speeches showed alot. One, was McCains speech, when he said to the crowd that he congatulated Obama, and the crowd boo'd. This really shows that most of the votes that McCain had were of those who did not want a black man as president, not all, but alot. Obama's speech was one that showed the country that the dark ages of racism are coming to a close...finally. The new and next generation has let go of the ingnoraces of our past by judging by race, and it shows not only the blacks, but all immigrants that this era of racism is fading away. Besides, after all we are all one race....... human.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: mister]
    #9194968 -

mister said:
Those two speeches showed alot. One, was McCains speech, when he said to the crowd that he congatulated Obama, and the crowd boo'd. This really shows that most of the votes that McCain had were of those who did not want a black man as president



It doesn't show that at all.  I despise Obama.  It has nothing to do with his color.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: mister]
    #9195032 -

Honestly, I don't think a lot of Obama's supporters would have taken a McCain victory well at all. I doubt all the boos were race-related.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: mister]
    #9195048 -

Quote:
One, was McCains speech, when he said to the crowd that he congatulated Obama, and the crowd boo'd. This really shows that most of the votes that McCain had were of those who did not want a black man as president



I disagree with your interpretation of the crowd's response. The boos did show a lack of class and McCain rose above that. I do think the worst thing about the McCain campaign was some of his followers. People see that and they don't want the Anger Management wing of the republican party, the neocon kooks and the religous whackjobs returning to power.


--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: zorbman]
    #9195073 -

It probably could of helped McCain if he would of kept Sarah Palin's mouth shut as well.


--------------------




:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Obama's Acceptance Speech [Re: mister]
    #9195119 -

I only made my interpretation of how the crowd reacted by how the people in my general are reacted the next day, and it was for that reason. Only going on what I see. People here are saying, "I don't want a nigger president," and," I am scared that nigger is going to take this country further down." I live in such a closed minded community though. Halfway afraid to openly say that I supported Obama and his cause. Granted I know not everyone is the same, that is why i stated "not all" in that statement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* John Kerry's Speech
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Zahid 5,420 61 07/31/04 04:53 PM
by Ancalagon
* Like Edwards, Obama Ditches Fox News Debate
( 1 2 all )
lonestar2004 4,778 27 04/11/07 08:08 AM
by fireworks_god
* READ this about The End of Free Speech gotmagog 836 2 02/16/04 02:12 PM
by FrankieJustTrypt
* Wouldn't we all like to see THIS Bush speech? Phred 1,135 9 09/15/04 03:28 AM
by Zahid
* Interesting stuff from McCain. luvdemshrooms 357 0 06/18/04 05:20 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Poll: Obama, Hillary Beat GOP in '08 lonestar2004 1,289 4 07/21/07 08:50 PM
by xFrockx
* New Bush Ad Features McCain Endorsement fft2 986 10 07/08/04 09:25 AM
by afoaf
* RANT?The Shroomery and Freedom of Speech. California 932 15 03/28/05 02:53 PM
by Rose

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,943 topic views. 2 members, 35 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.