Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9141647 -

I despise Macs.  If you have actual work to do they are highly inefficient.  I have had my IT tell me all sorts of things such as:

"Your email program (entourage) isn't working because its bogged down since you have too many email messages". 

Wtf?  you mean my EMAIL program can't handle email messages?  weird.

"The reason excel is giving you a "font error" message is because you have too many graphs".  Again, a program with a graphing feature should be able to...you know,  display graphs.

"Safari doesn't display the page properly?... well try netscape, then firefox, then if that doesn't work start parallels".  IE always seems to work on my PC.

The worst part is the upper window bars.  If I'm using any MS office program (excel, word etc) somehow the window ALWAYS gets behind the toolbar.  I won't be able to move a document because its behind a damn toolbar.  It makes multi-tasking a bitch.  And afterwards its' pinwheel, after pinwheel, after pinwheel.

If you want to organize photo's, 6 billion mp3's, or make stationary and other non-productive things, get a mac.  If you actually have shit to do, get a PC.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: badchad]
    #9141707 -

I dunno, my 5 year old powerbook is plenty productive and I actually prefer it to my PC in everything except for games and porn.

It's 4.2 pounds, has a 4+ hour battery charge and everything I plug into it is immediately available without having to spend time trying to figure out why my scanner mysteriously stopped working.

:crankey:


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Edited by WakeboardrB (10/27/08 12:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9141712 -

I use both PC and Mac... It's all the same bullshit no matter what. Things work well, some things don't. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #9141760 -

WakeboardrB said:
I dunno, my 5 year old powerbook is plenty productive and I actually prefer it to my PC in everything except for games and porn.

It's 4.2 pounds, has a 4+ hour battery charge and everything I plug into it is immediately available without having to spend time trying to figure out why my scanner mysteriously stopped working.

:crankey:



...if you dont know how to hook up a scanner maybe you should use macs...its not a "computer smart" thing its knowing where to go, you get used to surfing through OS settings...

i had to hook up a cable modem the other day, plugged it into the cable, plugged the other wire into my computer...no install CDs and it works fine.

its apples and oranges (pun definatly intended), really depends on what your needs are, macs KICK ASS for music production.


--------------------
"believe it if you need it, or leave it if you dare."

"turn all the hate in the world, into a mocking bird. make it fly away" :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9141875 -

To PC owners who felt threatened by Mac Owners:

Dude you know what? If graphics and video games are that important to someone then let them be happy with a PC. I happen to be an adult who uses his Mac to make a television show and organize a couple of creative projects. And let's be honest, Apple dominates the creative market. So I'm good on the game playing. I'll stick with best system for creating and managing tangible real life things. You guys can have fun shooting pixels at one another.


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: goINtohappy]
    #9141978 -

PC is the best ever.

and while I'm at it...

Chevy has the best trucks.

Shiner bock is the best beer.

Brunettes are hawt.

America is better than your country.


The end.

:rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: Cowgold]
    #9142023 -

Cowgold said:
PC is the best ever.

and while I'm at it...

Chevy has the best trucks.

Shiner bock is the best beer.

Brunettes are hawt.

America is better than your country.


The end.

:rolleyes:



:thumbup:

Unfortunately, I drive a Ford.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: Idiot]
    #9142200 -

no contest if you have a hackintosh with both windows and leopard, my half priced mac will surely out perform any regular mac, with the ability to switch back and forth from operating systems, If you want the best of both worlds, build a PC to run Mac on it, then buy yourself a Mac Leopard license and bammm you got yourself a Mac for a quarter of the price that performs (in my case about 5 times faster and efficiently) more than a standard overpriced paperweight they sell. Trust me, you'll love it :typing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mac vs. PC (PIC) [Re: gofudgeyourself]
    #9142232 -

gofudgeyourself said:
WakeboardrB said:
I dunno, my 5 year old powerbook is plenty productive and I actually prefer it to my PC in everything except for games and porn.

It's 4.2 pounds, has a 4+ hour battery charge and everything I plug into it is immediately available without having to spend time trying to figure out why my scanner mysteriously stopped working.

:crankey:



...if you dont know how to hook up a scanner maybe you should use macs...its not a "computer smart" thing its knowing where to go, you get used to surfing through OS settings...

i had to hook up a cable modem the other day, plugged it into the cable, plugged the other wire into my computer...no install CDs and it works fine.

its apples and oranges (pun definatly intended), really depends on what your needs are, macs KICK ASS for music production.



No, what I meant was it was a scanner that I had used for 3 years that decided to go apeshit on me one day and cost about 45 minutes of headache to get it working again. And that was PC.

I grew up in the computer age and had my first one at the age of 4, 1988. I'm not an idiot.


--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Last chance to get shroomery pics volume 2
( 1 2 all )
Ripple 3,643 28 02/19/04 11:57 PM
by Ripple
* Post Your Pic!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RebelSteve33 17,176 87 05/16/25 06:16 PM
by Shiithead
* Police Scanner feed from NO.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 17 18 )
Oddish 15,430 345 09/02/05 01:54 PM
by Organic
* Crazy scanner fun. Phluck 598 10 08/09/05 10:56 AM
by Phluck
* A Scanner Darkly Trailer Dankman 1,121 7 03/02/05 11:40 AM
by JoeChip
* Bought a new bong...needs a name!!! (pics)
( 1 2 all )
MacNChees 2,418 29 02/19/04 12:24 PM
by Its Pat
* Avatar question: Is uploading a pic from..... MrBump 1,340 15 06/04/26 11:10 AM
by gopher
* (Pics) Bored with a digi camera breathingofmist 1,818 13 08/26/03 09:54 AM
by fjbk47985

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,197 topic views. 2 members, 67 guests and 111 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 15 queries.