Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
How many milliampere's are in a AAA
    #9140671 -

a single AAA battery? I'm a pro Googler and I can't figure it out :shrg:

Also how are you today? It's a great day! and if you got some Kava Kava and Kratom in your system and last night your Poltergeist (I guess if you have one) left you alone you're doing as good as me :grin:


--------------------

I'm just a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: Linux]
    #9140677 -

they are all 1.5 volts.  the letters are just the size of the battery.  ohm's law states that " I=E x R".  I = amps, E= volts, R= resistance in ohms.  since you know the voltage, you would just need to find the resistance and plug it into the formula.  your answer would give you amps, so if you wanted milliamps you would just have to move the decimal left 3 places.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: Linux]
    #9140679 -

Every type of AAA battery will be different :wink:

They usually say what the mAh rating is on the battery.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: norml840]
    #9140710 -

out of two different brands i have laying around there is no mAh rating anywhere on either of them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: norml840]
    #9140718 -

In that case...it's probably somewhere in the range of 800-1100 mAh.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: norml840]
    #9140735 -

For non-recharables the number of mAh usually isn't given because it depends on the rate of discharge.

For low power applications (say < 10mA) and alkaline batteries it'll be around twice the energy content of an equivalent size average rechargable battery, but when higher current is drawn efficiency goes down and so does the amount of energy you can usefully extract from them.

So expect to get around 1500mAh if you're drawing very little current (timers, memory backup), half that if the appliance actually has to do some work. For a definitive answer you'd have to do your own measurements using a resistor to draw the required current from the cell and monitoring the voltage over time.

Edited by koppie (10/27/08 07:08 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: trendal]
    #9140737 -

around 860mAh to about 1200mAh, sepending on the composition,
NiMH are on the low end of the scale

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: Linux]
    #9142189 -

I appreciate all the reply's I should have mentioned I want to hook up a temp probe for pasteurization to a ac adapter without blowing it out. I'm sick of using batteries.


--------------------

I'm just a psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: Linux]
    #9142226 -

It's not the mAh rating that you need to worry about then...just the voltage!

Make sure your ac adapter is rated for about the same voltage as the temp probe (+/- 1v should be ok).

The mA rating of the ac adapter should be sufficient to run your probe...however if it is too low it just plain won't work. You don't have to worry about the adapter having too high of a mA rating, as this rating is just what the adapter can put out safely...meaning as long as it is higher than what the probe takes, you should be fine.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: Linux]
    #9142279 -

I want to hear more about the poltergeist.
Screw the batteries.


--------------------
My name is Mud

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How many milliampere's are in a AAA [Re: DragonChaser]
    #9142350 -

DragonChaser said:
I want to hear more about the poltergeist.
Screw the batteries.



I second that


--------------------

blankk said to fee:
btw you're a total fucking psychedelic pimp
Turtletotem said:
I want to become a sun worshipper, so next time an atheist smugly asks me where god is, I can point smugly at the sun and laugh my ass off.

Then I drive away in my solar powered piece of shit car, cool stuff man.

And then I go kill a bitch because the flaming orb in the sky told me to do so, and I don't know, oppress a few minorities here and there in the name of nuclear fusion?

Religion is fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* US loses AAA credit rating after S&P downgrade
( 1 2 3 all )
trekie 3,276 41 08/12/11 10:36 PM
by lazyfingers
* Poltergeist..... niteowl 940 10 02/13/05 10:33 AM
by RJLR
* Voltage converter LeBongJames 576 12 06/26/10 01:27 PM
by LeBongJames
* Anyone ever worked at a AAA call center before? Shining Cosmos 338 5 10/16/14 10:36 AM
by Shining Cosmos
* I Need Advice On Wirering Low Voltage DC Batteries Up
( 1 2 all )
fee 2,288 32 06/14/13 02:11 AM
by magicbroncoride
* heres a puzzler: I seem to be able to detect very low voltage shocks.
( 1 2 all )
Psilosopherr 931 22 03/16/15 07:40 PM
by BreathlessVision
* (AUS) USA Voltage MR14 209 4 01/19/12 02:38 PM
by Herbalism
* Carbon Spinner 3 vape pen clone review! (16$ variable voltage battery) musiclover420 218 2 11/03/16 06:01 PM
by musiclover420

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
924 topic views. 0 members, 23 guests and 121 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.