Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Pawn Shops
    #9116959 -

I have been on here a lot about money, and believe me I know some of you don't want to hear it. I just need some advice on pawn shops.

I have 600 dollars in court fees that I have to pay, and I owe 280 by friday...I don't have the money right now. I'm in school with 2 separate loans that I am trying to pay off one so I don't have 2 when I get out.

I am qualified for a good job, but I just don't have the time right now so I am doing what I can.

Okay, so to the question:

I have decided to pawn something as long as I can get it back. Can i get it back if I pawn it?? I know it will cost more, but won't they reserve it for me for like 1 month or longer as long as I am trying to make payments?

It's a 500 dollar shotgun...It's the least expensive of my guns, unfortunately. How much should I ask for, and how much can I expect to pay back...This fucking sucks man. The economy is horrible. I almost want to go fucking murder someone.

Thanks for your help.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: MHbound]
    #9116976 -

Man... you better wrap that fucker up in a blanket or something before you bring it in... I can't imagine walking into a pawn shop with a shotgun in your hands goes over too well.

Sorry, I have no idea what it'd be worth to them, or anything about getting it back. I DO know that pawn shops generally rape you when it comes to value, though. You might want to try craigslist with it for a day or two first, then pawn it as a last resort.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: MHbound]
    #9116981 -

Probably expect to get half of what it's worth or less. Be careful though, it's easy to lose something if you pawn it and can't pay the money back in time.
I've never pawned anything, just bought from pawn shops and known others who pawned stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #9116987 -

Down here in Alabama its no problem....Haha.

They have a section dedicated to guns.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: MHbound]
    #9116996 -

Righto. Up here, they'd probably just make an assumption and shoot you at the door. In some areas anyway.

But I digree. Consider the craigslist route before you screw yourself at a pawn shop.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #9117011 -

well at least at a pawn shop you have a chance of getting it back. craigslist plays for keeps.

ask for 350.00


--------------------
TWO MUSHROOMS ARE GROWING NEXT TO EACHOTHER. ONE TURNS TO THE OTHER AND SAYS, "its a beautiful day were havin', eh?". THE OTHER MUSHROOM TURNS TO HIM AND SCREAMS, "oh my god!!! a talking mushroom!!!".

emilbus@hush.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: MHbound]
    #9117029 -

they will look at your gun and state an amount right off the bat... most likely.

tell them you need a certain amount and they might go for it. let them know you WILL come back for it. they will charge 10%.

the pawn shop i go to charges 10% first month and adds another 10% the second.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: jeep]
    #9117051 -

10% I think I can do...If they fucking scratch my gun I will kill the bastards. I had a custom paint job like the mossy oak brand camo done, and it wasn't cheap!!!

Thanks for all of your help. I will probably go talk to them tomorrow. I couldn't sell this gun for good, but I do need the money. My guns are like a second penis.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #9117093 -

JacquesCousteau said:
Man... you better wrap that fucker up in a blanket or something before you bring it in... I can't imagine walking into a pawn shop with a shotgun in your hands goes over too well.




HAHA someone in the mush cult has this in their signature:
"A shotgun and a college degree are alike in this way, show it to the ribght person at the right time and you can make a lot of money"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: MHbound]
    #9117402 -

most pawn shops charge 24.99% interest per month, if you pawn
something for $100 then it will require $25 just to keep the
pawn active so they dont move it to the sales floor

about the interest, 24.99% is about standard in most states
because it's the highest amount that can be charged without
violating 'usury' laws (loan sharking)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #9117426 -

Just get enough money for an ounce of weed or get it on strap (most dealers will give you the weed as long as you pay them by next week or whatever) over here its like £200 for an ounce of decent weed

and you can make £300+ with one Oz if you do it smart and if you needed the whole wack, then get 3 ounces and make it that way and im sure someone in college could easily shift a few ounces in a day

Or on the slightly more dodgy side you could always sell some coke and you will probably walk away with more money than you had

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Pawn Shops [Re: weefunker]
    #9117455 -

Yea, I did this about 3 years ago, and a friend and I were caught with 6 pounds of high grade marijuana on school grounds...College.

I am still on probation, and owe money right now to the court. I don't think I'm going to pull that. If I so chose I could sell mushrooms, but I'm looking at a 10 years prison sentence...So, I'm good.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Pawn shop MrNatural 765 14 04/19/07 12:41 PM
by tiny_rabid_birds
* pawn shop
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 1,777 20 11/15/05 01:06 AM
by lid
* So I walk into a pawn shop looking for a pressure cooker... AlCapwn 1,511 4 06/15/07 06:32 PM
by JunkFood
* saiga semi-auto shotguns eric_the_redS 1,535 8 01/21/05 11:47 PM
by eric_the_red
* So I Pawned My Gold For Cannabis
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Akira 6,550 78 07/29/08 04:52 AM
by koppie
* God, I love craigslist
( 1 2 3 all )
Sassy 5,293 49 09/29/08 12:09 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Starting a business from China (probably eBay/Craigslist shit) - WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO SELL? #1 kidaihuan 871 14 08/20/08 10:24 PM
by Coaster
* New Craigslist Scam DiploidM 4,859 17 04/02/08 11:51 AM
by StonedShroom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
615 topic views. 7 members, 52 guests and 287 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.