Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: I found out I'm getting an agar set for xmas!
    #91092 - 12/16/99 06:55 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Wow, Luck basterd....Mice. heheheeeee

------------------
"The spice expands life, the spice expands conciousness, the spice is vital to space travel.
The spaceing guild and it's navigators, use the orange spice gass which gives them the ability to fold space,
that is travel to any part of the universe, with out moveing"
Dune

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#91094 - 12/16/99 07:00 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Welcome to agar nerdom......

Tip: Just be careful with boiling the stuff.
(And please don't make that explode also!)

------------------
Trails fruit trails...

OfflineComa of Souls
kunt whore

Loc: Vancouver island, British...
    #91095 - 12/16/99 07:47 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

lucky you :biggrin:

------------------
your gunna die in the end
anyways so what dus it really matter?

--------------------
im a weeeeezel look at me *weeze* *weeze*

Anonymous

#91096 - 12/16/99 08:55 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

All i want for Christmas is a 108 pc lab set, a 108 pc lab set, a 108 pc lab. All I want for Christmas is 108 pc lab set and a couple of lab mice too!!!!! (Moe's Christmas Song!)

What are we gonna do tonight Brain? Same thing we do every night.........try to take over the World!

MM

------------------
Seeing is believing.

OfflineDan
    #91098 - 12/16/99 01:35 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

It is really not very hard at all, in fact I personally have found it harder to get good results from the "PF tek" then to get good growth on agar. If you work quickly but smoothly in a sterile environment(hepas are not necessary!) like a glovebox, then you can get really good results. I would recommend using baby food jars, just because that is what I preffer over petris. It is quite a challenge just learning how to do it properly, but once you learn, it SOOOOOO easy to do again. I would recommend getting some books (Bob Harris, and oss@oeric) they outline the basics, and Paul Stamets also has written books that are cosidered bibles on the topic of agar(among other things). The easiest agar to make at home is probably PDA, or MEA if you have the potassium lying around. PDA is made by boiling 2 potatoes in 1 liter of water, sliced up, then straining out the potatoes after about 20-30 mins. Then you measure the amount of liquid you have left, and add enough to bring it back up to a liter. Then add 15-20 grams agar after you get it boiling again, and 1.5-2 grams brewers yeast, or nurtitional yeast, and 10-20 grams dextrose(I know this is gennerally regarded as bad to add more dextrose, but I use 20 g and it just speeds up the growth, bigtime from 10g) stir in all the ingredients until completely dissolved. Then let the pot cool until te agar has fully solidified. Then scoop out small pieces of the agar into cleaned baby food jars,and make sure they are not tightended at all or they will explode.(you just need enough so that when it liquifies in the pressure cooker, it will cover the bottom of the jar.) then pressure cook at 15psi for 35-45 mins. Let cool completely, open the pc, and press the lids down on the jars so that contams dont enter. Then bring your jars out to the glove box, and innoculate. When innoculating, open the lid of the jar you are working on for a minimum amount of time, just enough to get the syringe, or scalpel, or innoculation loop onto the agar surface. Close up immediately, and let sit for a few days. Come back and check for contams, any contams must be discarded as they pose a threat to any uncontaminated jars. After you have a few jas fully colonized, you are ready to innoculate the rye or millet grain. The mix for rye is: 100 g rye, 140ml water, 6 grams crushed oyster shells. Pressure cook for 1-1 1/2 hours, and let cool overnight. Shake the jars. Then take the jars to the glovebox, and innocuated the jars in the same way as you just did the agar. After 5-6 days check for contamination, remove any jars that are contaminated. Then shake the jars. ONly shake the jars 2-3 times during the growth period, as it only serves well if it is not overdone(shaking is only to spread around mycelium fragments to speed colonization.)

Now you have fully colonized rye jars. You can fruit directly from the jars, case, or use the grain to innoculate straw or dung. Fruiting method is up to you, and I think by this point you would have a good idea of how to fruit them. Good luck Moe.

Anonymous

#91099 - 12/16/99 01:56 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Moe,
Where are you getting this lab equipment from? I was looking around from one and i couldnt find one suitable. Please help a brotha out.

------------------
Empty your cup so that it may be filled; become devoid to gain totality

OfflineBenzl
enthusiast
    #91101 - 12/19/99 01:57 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Aarg, if you weren't in a perfect mood before then the agar will seriously impair any good humor you had left, I allways found agar to be a bit of a pain but that's probably just me.

Anonymous

#91102 - 12/19/99 02:13 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I hope this isn't a sad subject. Where are the old mice?

hehehe

DD

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#91103 - 12/20/99 12:07 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 05:37 PM)

OfflineDan
    #91105 - 12/20/99 01:44 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Actally they weren't the best Moe. I left out that you should put 6 grams of crushed oyster shell in with each 100 grams rye. But that I think is all I left out.

InvisibleAnubisRonin
enthusiast
    #91106 - 12/22/99 05:22 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

What ever happened to toys???

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom