Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]
Retreat into the Wild
    #8994069 -

So I've been planning this for a while, and I'm finally doing it, leaving this Monday morning. I have a knife, slingshot, machete, sleeping bag, rain and wind resistant clothes, compass, assorted lengths and thicknesses of snare wire (galvanized aluminum rope), three books (Western Medicinal Plants and Herbs by Steven Foster and Christopher Hobbs, All That the Rain Promises and More... A Hip Pocket Guide T Western Mushrooms, by David Arora (author of Mushrooms Demystified), and the SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman), three changes of clothes, a sweater, and a bunch of other little gadgets to help me on my way. Also, I'm taking my guitar to keep me from becoming bored to death. I am also taking 2 tabs of supposedly really good LSD with me (which I've never tried) and possibly an eight of mushrooms if I can get my hands on them before I leave.

Does anybody think this is a terrible idea? I'm leaving for several reasons, but one is that I can't stand living in this society any longer. Another reason is I am going through a difficult Kundalini Awakening, and living in nature would be the best treatment for me. Yet another reason is that I've always wanted to do this, ever since I was a child. I'm no stranger to camping or the wilderness, so it's not like I have absolutely no hands on experience. Also, I fast quite often so even if I have to go a while without food, I think I'd be able to handle it.

Anybody have any advice about using LSD for the first time in the woods? Since I'm going to be sharp objects and weaponry with me, and since there will likely be a fire burning in my camp, is this a huge risk, or is it nothing? Or will it depend on how I react to the LSD? Would anybody suggest taking 1/2 a tab for a first timer, especially in my situation?


If I don't die out there, I may be back, possibly in a few months, or maybe even in a few years. I plan to become a self-sufficient animal able to live off whatever land, because who knows what may happen in the near future, seeing how the economy, government, and generally the socio-political atmosphere is these days. Who knows, maybe what I'm doing is smarter that I think? If I ever come back, I'll definitely be back here to tell whatever stories I have. Maybe I'll come right before 2012.....

:whatdoyouthink:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994084 -

See ya in a few days.


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8994100 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
See ya in a few days.




--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8994104 -

don't forget to hug a few tree's while you're there ...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994120 -

lol, Good Luck with that.


--------------------
I am excited for my thoughts to become positive and of lifeful things instead of negative and suicidal things - Oceanshore23Forest :feelsoldman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: RandomHero]
    #8994129 -

At least bring some rice with you.  Sounds like a great adventure though.


--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Crasher]
    #8994131 -

Sounds like fun.  I loved SERE school.  oh wait I take that back.  I missed toilets.


--------------------
[quote]skalthren said:
It's nice of you to imply that I've been brainwashed by the government, but the truth is that I'm simply intelligent enough to recognize the subtleties of these issues instead of going "durr hurr, weed should totally be legal!"[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8994137 -

Penguarky Tunguin said:
See ya in a few days.



That won't happen. I am homeless and I've invested my every last penny for this trip, and my bus leaves Monday. There's no way I'd rather stay here, in society, penniless and homeless. I'd much rather live free, in the wild, happy and natural.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: RandomHero]
    #8994143 -

What good would that do? Maybe I'll get a little rash, but that's it.


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: monkeywrench]
    #8994144 -

What is SERE school? Relieving yourself in nature feels SO MUCH better than in a toilet! :grin:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #8994151 -

Why rice? I'm planning on bringing beef jerky. Need that protein!


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: monkeywrench]
    #8994156 -

monkeywrench said:
Sounds like fun.  I loved SERE school.  oh wait I take that back.  I missed toilets.



What's wrong with shitting in a hole in the ground after shoveling dirt in a labor camp for 27 hours straight?


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994160 -

Errr... good luck with that. Surviving is way harder than it seems. If you have no training at all, I'd be pretty worried. Personally I would want three years at LEAST of serious hands on experience before I considered staying in the wild for even two weeks.


--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: ShroomMan420]
    #8994163 -

ShroomMan420 said:
lol, Good Luck with that.



C'mon dude, no advice, pat on the back, or goodbyes? People like YOU are the main reason I'm leaving! :crankey:

JK, but whatever, at least you responded to my thread.....


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Edited by Poid (09/27/08 03:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994165 -

Poid said:
What is SERE school? Relieving yourself in nature feels SO MUCH better than in a toilet! :grin:



Survival

Evasion

Resistance

Escape


Army, Air Force, and the Navy all have their version, but the Army has the longest ass-kicking.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994170 -

I was wishing you good luck on your journey bro lol.


:bye:


--------------------
I am excited for my thoughts to become positive and of lifeful things instead of negative and suicidal things - Oceanshore23Forest :feelsoldman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994171 -

yeah just watch out for those little bugs that crawl up your leg and start digging their way into your flesh creating the rash from hell..
..then it spreads and before you know it you're covered little red bumbs and an itch that won't go away :mad2:

but yeh other then that the outdoors are great

especially now for me in this lovely fall season we're having :mushroom2:
tree's,rocks,birds oh my !

don't forget to atleast try and write a journal of teh events planned


--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: RandomHero]
    #8994177 -

Chiggers.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994179 -

I would bring a lot of lighters and beer.


--------------------
I am excited for my thoughts to become positive and of lifeful things instead of negative and suicidal things - Oceanshore23Forest :feelsoldman:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: ShroomMan420]
    #8994187 -

where in the world


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* wild mushrooms??? Guitarpro1313 808 17 07/30/06 08:20 PM
by array
* Russia Sees Ill Effects of 'General Winter's' Retreat Psilocybeingzz 528 0 04/02/07 03:15 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Thinking about going into a spiritual retreat...need some advice.
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 4,544 45 05/17/18 06:07 PM
by Dagr
* [wild] Western music tabs Cepheus 203 0 09/05/07 04:19 PM
by Cepheus
* Month long retreat
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 1,954 24 12/12/06 01:57 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Rush Limbaugh deserves to have a pack of wild horses pee on him trendalM 781 10 06/21/05 10:36 AM
by Vvellum
* AEON 8 - INFINITY MUSIC RETREAT Mycomancer 380 0 06/29/05 05:19 PM
by Mycomancer
* Penguarky Tunguin is one cool motherfucker. OneMoreRobot3021 1,216 11 02/16/07 12:03 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,818 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 79 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.