Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Retreat into the Wild
    #8994069 - 09/27/08 03:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

So I've been planning this for a while, and I'm finally doing it, leaving this Monday morning. I have a knife, slingshot, machete, sleeping bag, rain and wind resistant clothes, compass, assorted lengths and thicknesses of snare wire (galvanized aluminum rope), three books (Western Medicinal Plants and Herbs by Steven Foster and Christopher Hobbs, All That the Rain Promises and More... A Hip Pocket Guide T Western Mushrooms, by David Arora (author of Mushrooms Demystified), and the SAS Survival Handbook by John "Lofty" Wiseman), three changes of clothes, a sweater, and a bunch of other little gadgets to help me on my way. Also, I'm taking my guitar to keep me from becoming bored to death. I am also taking 2 tabs of supposedly really good LSD with me (which I've never tried) and possibly an eight of mushrooms if I can get my hands on them before I leave.

Does anybody think this is a terrible idea? I'm leaving for several reasons, but one is that I can't stand living in this society any longer. Another reason is I am going through a difficult Kundalini Awakening, and living in nature would be the best treatment for me. Yet another reason is that I've always wanted to do this, ever since I was a child. I'm no stranger to camping or the wilderness, so it's not like I have absolutely no hands on experience. Also, I fast quite often so even if I have to go a while without food, I think I'd be able to handle it.

Anybody have any advice about using LSD for the first time in the woods? Since I'm going to be sharp objects and weaponry with me, and since there will likely be a fire burning in my camp, is this a huge risk, or is it nothing? Or will it depend on how I react to the LSD? Would anybody suggest taking 1/2 a tab for a first timer, especially in my situation?

If I don't die out there, I may be back, possibly in a few months, or maybe even in a few years. I plan to become a self-sufficient animal able to live off whatever land, because who knows what may happen in the near future, seeing how the economy, government, and generally the socio-political atmosphere is these days. Who knows, maybe what I'm doing is smarter that I think? If I ever come back, I'll definitely be back here to tell whatever stories I have. Maybe I'll come right before 2012.....

:whatdoyouthink:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Poid]
    #8994084 - 09/27/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

See ya in a few days.

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #8994100 - 09/27/08 03:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
See ya in a few days.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #8994104 - 09/27/08 03:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

don't forget to hug a few tree's while you're there ...

OfflineShroomMan420
91' Til Infinity....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8994120 - 09/27/08 03:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lol, Good Luck with that.

--------------------
I am excited for my thoughts to become positive and of lifeful things instead of negative and suicidal things - Oceanshore23Forest :feelsoldman:

OfflineCokedUpHobit64
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: RandomHero]
    #8994129 - 09/27/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

At least bring some rice with you.  Sounds like a great adventure though.

--------------------
So good to see you, I've missed you so much.

Offlinemonkeywrench
Why Not?

Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: Crasher]
    #8994131 - 09/27/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like fun.  I loved SERE school.  oh wait I take that back.  I missed toilets.

--------------------
[quote]skalthren said:
It's nice of you to imply that I've been brainwashed by the government, but the truth is that I'm simply intelligent enough to recognize the subtleties of these issues instead of going "durr hurr, weed should totally be legal!"[/quote]

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8994137 - 09/27/08 03:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Penguarky Tunguin said:
See ya in a few days.

That won't happen. I am homeless and I've invested my every last penny for this trip, and my bus leaves Monday. There's no way I'd rather stay here, in society, penniless and homeless. I'd much rather live free, in the wild, happy and natural.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8994143 - 09/27/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

What good would that do? Maybe I'll get a little rash, but that's it.

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: monkeywrench]
    #8994144 - 09/27/08 03:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

What is SERE school? Relieving yourself in nature feels SO MUCH better than in a toilet! :grin:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: CokedUpHobit64]
    #8994151 - 09/27/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Why rice? I'm planning on bringing beef jerky. Need that protein!

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: monkeywrench]
    #8994156 - 09/27/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

monkeywrench said:
Sounds like fun.  I loved SERE school.  oh wait I take that back.  I missed toilets.

What's wrong with shitting in a hole in the ground after shoveling dirt in a labor camp for 27 hours straight?

--------------------

InvisiblePyroBurns
душа кофе

#8994160 - 09/27/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Errr... good luck with that. Surviving is way harder than it seems. If you have no training at all, I'd be pretty worried. Personally I would want three years at LEAST of serious hands on experience before I considered staying in the wild for even two weeks.

--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: ShroomMan420]
    #8994163 - 09/27/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomMan420 said:
lol, Good Luck with that.

C'mon dude, no advice, pat on the back, or goodbyes? People like YOU are the main reason I'm leaving! :crankey:

JK, but whatever, at least you responded to my thread.....

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (09/27/08 03:25 PM)

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8994165 - 09/27/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
What is SERE school? Relieving yourself in nature feels SO MUCH better than in a toilet! :grin:

Survival

Evasion

Resistance

Escape

Army, Air Force, and the Navy all have their version, but the Army has the longest ass-kicking.

--------------------

OfflineShroomMan420
91' Til Infinity....
Male User Gallery

#8994170 - 09/27/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I was wishing you good luck on your journey bro lol.

:bye:

--------------------
I am excited for my thoughts to become positive and of lifeful things instead of negative and suicidal things - Oceanshore23Forest :feelsoldman:

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #8994171 - 09/27/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah just watch out for those little bugs that crawl up your leg and start digging their way into your flesh creating the rash from hell..
..then it spreads and before you know it you're covered little red bumbs and an itch that won't go away :mad2:

but yeh other then that the outdoors are great

especially now for me in this lovely fall season we're having :mushroom2:
tree's,rocks,birds oh my !

don't forget to atleast try and write a journal of teh events planned

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8994177 - 09/27/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Chiggers.

--------------------

OfflineShroomMan420
91' Til Infinity....
Male User Gallery

#8994179 - 09/27/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I would bring a lot of lighters and beer.

--------------------

OfflineHuHEN
I am the Owl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Highlands Flag
Re: Retreat into the Wild [Re: ShroomMan420]
    #8994187 - 09/27/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

where in the world

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract