Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Astrophytum Asterias Variation
    #8964926 -

Anyone know what variation of Astrophytum Asterias this is? I bought seeds online, but all they said was "Rare Form Astro..."



--------------------
Solar System Necklace and MESCALINE NECKLACE Click here if you want one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: JohnAdams]
    #8965003 -

Heh, interesting!


FH

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: felixhigh]
    #8965074 -

Not sure, but I'm interested myself.

I just started germinating 6 Astrophytum Asterias cv. Super Kabuto seeds, can't wait till they pop.


--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: highdroponics]
    #8965208 -

It actually looks like some kind of hybrid.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: Mankey]
    #8965417 -

Well I just e-mailed the dude I bought them from(something I hadn't thought of til now), and I'll let y'all know.

Quote:
I just started germinating 6 Astrophytum Asterias cv. Super Kabuto seeds, can't wait till they pop.



yea dude, those look cool, let me know how that goes. Do you know the germination rate on asterias?

Quote:
It actually looks like some kind of hybrid.



That would be cool, I wonder with what!


--------------------
Solar System Necklace and MESCALINE NECKLACE Click here if you want one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: JohnAdams]
    #8965464 -

Looks like maybe myriostigma/asterias... oh, and provided seeds are at least somewhat fresh, germination rates are great. Out of the last fifteen I planted I got thirteen.

Edited by Mankey (09/21/08 08:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: Mankey]
    #8966110 -

Mankey said:
Looks like maybe myriostigma/asterias... oh, and provided seeds are at least somewhat fresh, germination rates are great. Out of the last fifteen I planted I got thirteen.



Agreed. I have looked at that particular item myself. I think its a little pricey, and I wouldn't expect the seeds to produce such a cactus as in the photo. Its probably a stock photo. This would be my first question: "is that a stock photo?" Beware of stock photos. Not all is as it seems.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: ethnoguy]
    #8966329 -

Yea you're probably right :frown: I asked him if the seeds I got were from a cactus like the one in the picture, I guess we'll find out tomorrow.  Its a kick ass looking cactus though, It would be great for the seeds to turn into that.

Quote:
oh, and provided seeds are at least somewhat fresh, germination rates are great. Out of the last fifteen I planted I got thirteen.



Damn thats nice! That is music to my ears, for my San Pedros rates are no where near that.  I've had 5 sprouts out of 35 so far, and I just planted about 25 more a few days ago. I hope things go well.

Thanks for the good information guys, I appreciate it.  I'll let you know what that guy says.


--------------------
Solar System Necklace and MESCALINE NECKLACE Click here if you want one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: JohnAdams]
    #8967249 -

very interesting plants!!!!

for the record....many, many astrophytum cv's are hybrids....thats why we can have so many weird types....true breeds rarely produce such varied phenotypes...gotta mix things up a bit :smile:


--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Astrophytum Asterias Variation [Re: kadakuda]
    #8970320 -

Yeah they are neat. I plan on collecting more. Right now I am stuck on lophs. But I started my collection with an Astro asterias oobio kabuto. And while the pic doesn't really do it justice, Its the prettiest one of its type that I have ever seen.



There are ppl out there that strictly collect astros, and I understand why. They are some of the best germinating cacti IMO. And the real odd yet beautiful specimens can be worth a nice chunk of change.

EG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Astrophytum asterias flowering wanderingmarlin 756 8 06/15/11 09:47 AM
by Oboy
* Astrophytum asterias World Spirit 5,770 13 10/17/05 10:25 AM
by nookjohn
* Astrophytum asterias super kabuto bud shots poboy 2,363 9 09/30/07 09:43 PM
by poboy
* Astrophytum asterias Pictures Please! Cactusdan 1,157 11 02/05/10 03:21 AM
by Humbled
* Astrophytum asterias Mankey 799 2 07/01/08 06:28 PM
by ethnoguy
* Astrophytum asteria Prof. Astro 767 14 07/24/09 12:53 PM
by Prof. Astro
* astrophytum asterias superkabuto expertise and other ? 's atomicshaman 1,071 6 06/07/12 01:18 AM
by atomicshaman
* i bought an astrophytum asterias for $2 at the flea market ferrel_human 314 3 03/14/10 06:13 PM
by ferrel_human

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,989 topic views. 0 members, 9 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.